Volvo Overseas Delivery - Sweden / EU

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

Has anyone done this, or know of anyone that did this?

Essentially due to import/export prices etc. the price of a new Volvo is the same (sometimes cheaper) to go over and get it with travel expenses included than to buy off the lot.

Aka: *free* trip to Sweden.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I was wanting to get my wife an XC90 and do this program once the ol man van is paid off - the Volvo offers ~ Price (new) vs mid and lux brand 3rd row SUVs, so I figure if we can get a "free" auro vacation while we are at it, it would be cool.

Siliconemelons

Volvos are quite nice and reliable. I know they where bought by a Chinese firm- but it was just an ownership swap- it's still made etc in sweden.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've heard of these deals and think my next BMW will be euro delivery-Volvos sound the most attractive package wise though and Sweden is a great country

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The BMW factory tour and Welt in Munich are very worthwhile to check out. I spent the better part of a day there, and didn't even have a chance to check out the actual museum that's also there. Not sure if they do the delivery thing there, or somewhere else in Germany.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I have a friend that did it. He tied it in with a family vacation and said it was seamless and fun.