Warlord's Honor

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Normally this is not something I would do, I do not like to shill things.I just thought that there might be some people interested in this book on the forums since we have some avid readers here. My friends mother wrote her first novel and it has actually gotten a pretty positive reception and sold a fair number of books for a first effort from an unknown author. The book is a bit of a sci fi romance. Here is a blurb if that sounds like your kind of genre you should check it out. My friend did the cover and was entered into some kind of cover art contest through Amazon I think.

Spoilered for image size
zeZ80zy.jpg

In a universe starved for power, the Conglomeration rules societies with an iron grip on all trade and by the power of the eMpaths with eXtra abilities they have enslaved.

Claire, a sheltered eMpath, finds herself involved in treacherous negotiations that leave her stranded on a barbarian world of violence and danger.

Koda, the ruthless barbarian Warlord, controls the vast resources of energy of his planet. Refusing to bow to the Conglomeration, Koda plunges Claire into a violent world of deception and greed where the rules of survival suddenly change.

When it is evident that the Warlord Koda has no intention of giving up his eMpath, Claire is forced to trust the barbarian with her life. As the future of her kind hangs in the balance, she must also decide if she can also trust him with her heart.

Intended for mature readers of at least 18 or over.
http://www.amazon.com/Warlords-Honor...lord%27s+honor

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am going to be honest and say that I would never, ever have even glanced at a book with a cover like that. If by some chance I did, I probably would have put it down after reading the blurb and seeing words written like "eMpath" and "eXtra", or the "Krystile Warriors" part. It just isn't anything at all like what I would ever see myself wanting to read.

However, I appreciate the fact that someone actually went through with the effort to write a book, something I have always wanted to do but never accomplished, and I can appreciate how good it would make me feel if people actually bought something I wrote (and $3.99 is less than half what I typically spend on lunch every day), so consider this as one copy purchased. I realize that I would feel even better if people actually *liked* what I wrote too, so I will make the effort at some point and see if maybe it isn't too terrible, but barring that, at least she sold another copy, and has you to thank for it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thanks Vvoid I hope you enjoy it even though it isn't typically our kind of book.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I will have a look and maybe buy. However, that weird capitalisation shit would never have got past any decent editor. It actually makes the novel look more YA than anything else.