What.cd invite thread

Morbeas

Silver Squire
Well, in honor of the new boards, I have 1 What.cd invite to give. First person to message me gets it.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I may or may not have an invite to give. It is freeleech there, and it'd be hard to fuck that up.

My one and only rule is that you promise not to cheat--since that has repercussions upon myself. But I was wondering... most people I know who love music are already on What.cd. So shoot me a message... why aren't you there already? Just come out of your apocalypse bunker? Just discover the internet? Finally wear out your 80's cassettes?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Freeleech New Year staff picks up.

All freeleech tokens will be deleted at the end of the month, AND everyone has been given an additional 50 tokens. Use this shit if you are ratio starved somehow.

I have a couple invites. Don't PM me if I don't recognize you as a board regular.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
I would love an invite to this if anyone has one. Can trade an IPtorrernt invite for it.

Would also love an invite if possible. Been trying to get my hands on one forever.
frown.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I wonder why folks use these closed sites - what's wrong with piratebay or newsleech etc?

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder why folks use these closed sites - what's wrong with piratebay or newsleech etc?
Lots of reasons.

If your into obscure things, oftentimes you simply can't find what you want anywhere else. You have a veritable army of music lovers under your control. The competition to fill requests is stiff. If you can't find it anywhere else, there's a really good chance it will be filled if you put up a good request/bounty.

It's a unique method of new music discovery with a very vibrant and active community of music lovers. They built an entire open source tracker code specifically for music and ease of use. Once you've tried it (it's called Gazelle), honestly it's hard to go back.

The assurance of quality is another big reason. Pirate Bay makes no promises towards quality--rips can be done with crappy encoders in ridiculous formats and no one cares. Scene rips are usually a good balance of quality versus size (LAME/V2 rips), but your limited to what the scene is interested in. And if your looking for archival formats, your out of luck.

Rezonation_sl

shitlord
Also, those nasty-grams from your ISP that you hear people getting in snail mail always seem to come from downloading things from public trackers like PirateBay, etc. Private trackers tend to have people that actually share and don't limit the upload speed so you wind up with torrents that max your download transfer rate.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Lots of reasons.

If your into obscure things, oftentimes you simply can't find what you want anywhere else. You have a veritable army of music lovers under your control. The competition to fill requests is stiff. If you can't find it anywhere else, there's a really good chance it will be filled if you put up a good request/bounty.

It's a unique method of new music discovery with a very vibrant and active community of music lovers. They built an entire open source tracker code specifically for music and ease of use. Once you've tried it (it's called Gazelle), honestly it's hard to go back.

The assurance of quality is another big reason. Pirate Bay makes no promises towards quality--rips can be done with crappy encoders in ridiculous formats and no one cares. Scene rips are usually a good balance of quality versus size (LAME/V2 rips), but your limited to what the scene is interested in. And if your looking for archival formats, your out of luck.
Pretty much this. It's far more than just a "torrent site" for music. Being able to see all kinds of associated/like-sounded bands linked to ones you already know really lets you expand your library and discover new stuff. The strictness of the administration also ensures all the uploads meet specific standards.

I have a couple copies of Dota 2 two give away. Normally I would give them out to the boards for free, but if I can trade one for an invite it would be much appreciated.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Just to remind you folks, you will be losing all your Free leech tokens at the end of the month. Use them all before they expire.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you bozos begging for invites should start by posting your uploading credentials.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
any other good torrent sites out there in addition to IPT and what.cd?

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be fair, when tokens were introduced, they said they wouldn't last forever. I'm working under the assumption that they will have a cyclical style "promotion" system. Tokens were the first rendition.

Also keep in mind that what.cd has a "respectable" comic, book, audio book collection as well. (just as an FYI for those curious about what CD).

And seriously, if you are looking to get into what.cd, post your street cred. Ratio on what is no joke. IPT is incredibly easy to build ratio on, you won't have such an easy time on What.