Wheel of Time series

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm on book 11. I hate every woman in these novels, double so every aes sidhe. I liked Rand chapters until like the last few books you got 1 Rand chapter for every 10 of other people. Perrin has gotten to be almost as bad a the women. Come to think on it, I only really enjoy the Mat chapters...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I'm on book 11. I hate every woman in these novels, double so every aes sidhe. I liked Rand chapters until like the last few books you got 1 Rand chapter for every 10 of other people. Perrin has gotten to be almost as bad a the women. Come to think on it, I only really enjoy the Mat chapters...
Perrin got bad because of Faile imo; meanwhile Mat is still a boss because I swear his motto is: Get rich and fuck bitches essentially.

Egwene inside the white tower was amazing though.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Perrin gets all sorts of badass when he is forging his hammer of ultimate assbeat. I am however, dreading a re-read before the final battle, however I feel it is necessary.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
I never could get past book 7. The same goes for Sword of Truth. I always hit a wall with these series. I'm even bogging down in Malazan now and it's still really good.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Mat single handedly makes the series readable. When he started to date that bald princess chick from up north I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO! Perrin going all wolf ape shit during battles is pretty badass or when he is back in his home town running shit when he doesn't want too but ya, every woman in the series I want to backhand. Talk about night and day when it comes to women in these books and AGoT.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I had no idea the pussy-hound Wolfen could read, I assumed he had to dedicate himself to the search for amazing gifs 24-7. If they are actually going to write an ending I will be overjoyed. I can't recall what book I ended on but Matt married the Senchan girl for some freaky bald sex and Everyone finally noticed Rand was insane in the membrane.

I have always recommended the series despite my fear it would never be finished, now I draw parallels from the seasons getting longer and and fucking everything up because of the influence of the Dark One to the seasons getting longer and more fucked IRL because we are morons.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I would have enjoyed the few Rand chapters there were if they weren't 2/3 him whining about all the women who've been killed for him.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I had no idea the pussy-hound Wolfen could read, I assumed he had to dedicate himself to the search for amazing gifs 24-7.
What? You don't buy Playboy to read the articles?

It's 90% audiobooks for me these days. If I'm in the car, I'm listening to an audiobook. If the narrator is a good one, it makes it more fun that just reading it. I could never have finished all the WoT books if it wasn't for the audiobooks.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Agree would like the book to be majority Rand and Matt, with maybe some Lan mixed in. I hope they finish it up right after all the time I put into it.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I actually like one part of how Sanderson writes Mat. Every paragraph where Mat is checking out a woman (and there are a lot of those) in some way he makes sure to mention that he is married.

Sterling

El Presidente
The thing is about Mat is that early on in Sanderson's stuff he sucked and seemed very different than the way Jordan wrote him to the point I actually was preferring the Perrin stuff. The Mat chapters got a shitload better in last book or so though. Pretty excited for this to finally end.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just started the Path of Daggers in my re-read of the series. With luck I should have the entire series re-read before the last book comes out.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haven't seen this posted in the new forum yet but you'll find a pretty comprehensive summary of what is out so far in fifteen parts here:

http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2012...-15-knife.html

Pretty good since I'm not in the mood to reread the entire series again. Not even sure I'd have time without foregoing social obligations, regular leisure activities, etc.