Who's more corrupt? NFL, FIFA or the IOC?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Who's more corrupt? NFL, FIFA or the IOC?

• Total voters

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going with the IOC here in the "spirit of the games" but FIFA is a very close second if not the outright winner.

I had to include the NFL in the interest of creating more than two poll choices, and because I'd probably get called out otherwise. The NFL is definitely a master in fleecing the public trust, but since they don't shake down third world countries where people are dying in the streets from highly preventable diseases, I'd say they are a distant third in practice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Russia sports don't even count, that's more like pro wrestling level.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like the Russians just state sponsor it, whereas everyone else does it privately. And they seem to be bad at covering it up.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How about the NCAA?

I don't think I can edit the post or I'd add it for fun.

Really though, for all the fucked up aspects of NCAA football/basketball, they still place in comparison to the NFL much less these two international juggernauts. Also, I somewhat buy into the fact that a lot of college sports programs are far more innocuous or even positive compared to the big ones. Most college players aren't going to be pros and do get a good opportunity at an education while competing at something they've worked hard on all their lives and entertaining people in the process. I definitely agree that they way they treat D1 football and basketball at the very least is some twisted ass shit though.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NBA not being listed is a scam in itself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does the NBA scam the public out of money for arenas? I really have no idea if MLB/NBA/NHL are as bad with this as the NFL, but they have to pale in comparison to the IOC and FIFA.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Does the NBA scam the public out of money for arenas? I really have no idea if MLB/NBA/NHL are as bad with this as the NFL, but they have to pale in comparison to the IOC and FIFA.

Yes, the NBA does "scam" the public for arenas. The Milwaukee Bucks marketing to build a new stadium was hilarious (in the video around 9:30).

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
NFL are assholes, but I wouldn't put them under the category of "corrupt".

The NCAA is much closer than the NFL is in that regard

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, NFL is actually pretty above board I think. It's just that Goodell pushes the boundaries and bullies the NFLPA.

That and I think the owners strong arm a lot of stuff.

It's not corrupt, just the "management" has too much power over their employees.

Even the Goodell shit with Brady seems like it's borderline illegal towards the union, but the Federal courts have said it's fine.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
IOC and FIFA are obviously more corrupt than any non-international sports organizations, by like a factor of ten. The NFL is not engaged in slavery as far as I know, unless we're counting the cheerleaders. Would be more interesting to vote between national leagues.

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
IOC is pretty far ahead of the rest. FIFA comes in next. These guys are way way above the NFL in any aspect of "Corruption".

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NFL has done some real heinous stuff. The concussion situation. Not taking care of players for years that helped build the league. Labeling the Cowboys as America's team...

That said IOC has this hands down.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I live for the day when NCAA football blows itself up. Four super conferences with 16 teams each.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The IOC and FIFA are on a whole different plane of existence compared to any other athletic governing body. The NFL is shady, yes, but hardly corrupt. They just exploit the American public's obsession of sports (I am included) to get stuff paid for by other parties. Now the NCAA, which still pales in comparison to the above two, at least appears corrupt, just due to how they handle infractions

Eonan

Doer of Things
Yea I must say that both FIFA and the IOC are definitely on a different level than literally any other sports body. For my money, I'd have to say that the IOC has probably been doing it longer, but that FIFA is likely more corrupt.