World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I solo tanked tich but did did solo tanking guldan. Gotta be really quick on purify after the scythe and bonds

I actually blew up solo breaking a bond and not a scythe so I blame healers. All the other bonds were good.

Once I have 2 or 4 PC I'll be less worried doing it.

Healing was miles above my warrior for the most part or so I hear.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My timeout for cheating ends at the end of next month. I also get to choose the hours I work again, in the middle of next month. What is the current content available? I left at the release of the underworld bitch raid that was about as fun as gouging my eyes out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nighthold raid is out and is much better than en. You missed tov which is a dumb raid. Fixed legendsries. Most bigger changes coming in 7.2

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When do you guys think 7.2 will land? I'm thinking 6-8 weeks from now and then Tomb of Sargeras opening ~8 weeks later when everyone is AK 35-36.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
was a good weekend, got an 880 mast eye of guarm aaaand got a decent BrM legendary (bracers) - every time you dodge or are missed by an attack you get -1 sec on your brews. probably around third overall in power for raids and 1st for M+

Probably going to be main swapping in the near future, ilevel 898 and climbing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
was a good weekend, got an 880 mast eye of guarm aaaand got a decent BrM legendary (bracers) - every time you dodge or are missed by an attack you get -1 sec on your brews. probably around third overall in power for raids and 1st for M+

Probably going to be main swapping in the near future, ilevel 898 and climbing.
Nice man

Is there a place for recovering Warriors who are now Monks? I main switched myself already. I'm already like 883 or something.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i feel like we need a support group at this point, show us on the warrior doll where the dev's touched you.

I still enjoy just trucking the shit out of things in Mythic+ on the warrior but the monk just feels faster. I noticed yesterday while farming AP that the warrior i can just hop into the middle of the elite area of suramar and stay at 90%+ hp while on the monk i died running roughshod through the same area.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah my warrior takes no damage in the world at all with the exception of a few true elite mobs (some of the elite bosses in suramar). With the healing bracers and shit just nothing happens to me. Monk is slightly more squishy there.

In addition to this I think our raid balance will be a little better. We were doing 2x Prot Warriors and I think Monk + Prot Warrior (or Druid, DH, DK, Paladin - we have them all) is better for us.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
We shall seeeee.

(Traitor.)

No, I think this will work out better. On fights where magic damage is huge, it'll help that you can deal with that a lot better than I can. On fights where physical damage is #1, warriors may still have a bit of an edge.

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did a +8 as dps last night for a quick run and got a prot pally, and after seeing obvious preference to the monk for our raids....and what that pally did to that run last night. the feelssssssssss

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Bags/Bag Management
Unit Frames (Self, Target) - ElvUI is way tooshitty here
Action Bars - something I can move, resize, etc.
Raid/Party unit frames - Grid? Something else better?
Top/Bottom bar - looking for something like ElvUI's feature where it has your gold, etc. on the bottom. I think in vanilla there was something called Titan?
Damage Meter - I use Skada but is Details better?
Chat mods/skins - I don't like the default look of the chat windows.

Anything that increases my QOL too. I already use the standard stuff like Weak Auras (FOR EVERYTHING), Exorsus Raid Tools, Skada, etc.

I prefer a minimalist UI and sometimes ElvUI is "too much".
Late to the party on this one but I just re-subbed recently and I love playing with mods so I'll give my input.

Bags: AdiBags if you like customization/filters and so forth, or LiteBag if you just want a simple 1-bag addon. ArkInventory is another customizable runner up choice.
Unit Frame: Shadowed Unit Frames has been mentioned already, I also like it. For the least amount of CPU usage you can use an addon to unlock the Blizz frames (like Leatrix Plus) and move them around instead.
Action Bars: Dominoes is another bar mod that uses less resources than Bartender since it's built more on Blizzard functions.
Raid/Party Unit frames: If you need more then Shadowed Unit Frames then try Grid2. (yes, Grid2 instead of Grid) Vuhdo and Healbot take more CPU to run so if you're tanking and not healing you may not want them.
Top/Bottom bar: These are usually referred to as "Lib Data Broker" or "LDB" mods I believe. TitanPanel is the sorta easy to use one with a lot of built in addons to it. Otherwise if you want to do it from scratch the Bazooka addon is the most lightweight of generic LDB addons, but then you will have to go out and download mods for each piece you want put on the bar such as a Clock/Gold Tracker/whatever. You can find LDB addons here Data Broker : World of Warcraft AddOns or here broker - Search - Curse
Damage Meter: Details! is lower on CPU usage than Skada, but uses more RAM which may or may not be an issue for you. I believe it is considered the more powerful addon between the two.
Chat mods/skins: BasicChatMods is an alternative that is more lightweight.

QOL mods:

TellMeWhen and/or AuraFrames are alternatives to Weak Auras if you find yourself not liking it as much.
GTFO - Audio indicator that you're standing in the fire and should move.
Quartz - Casting bar replacement
Scrap - Junk seller when you're at merchants
Scrap Cleaner - Works with Scrap to delete lowest value things from your bags when full (good if you farm a lot)
TipTop or TipTac - Tooltip replacement addons
BankItems or BagSync - Track inventory over alts
Postal and GnomishInboxShrinker - Mail mods

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So far I've got

Bartender4
Prat 3.0
Skada (might change)
Bagnon (Not sure if I like it)
Grid2 (Had grid 1, did not like)
SUF
Gnosis - is Quartz better? I only want a cast bar to have a big cast bar for when Boss's are casting
TipTac
TSM Suite - this takes care of all AH, Bank, and mailing stuff
xct+ - I used to use MSBT's scroll text but switched to xct. I can't tell if I like it over MSBT. To me MSBT seemed more fluid. I might switch back.

For my weakauras I actually am using the Slootbag suite of Monk auras. Actually at first they were shitty but I like them a lot now. Everything is right there. I'll take a SS of my UI later so you can see what I mean.

In the end I wanted to simplify the UI and I actualy ended up making it a bit busier in some spots so I'll need to adjust

Good call on scrap, that's one feature I forgot that I use all the time.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Late to the party on this one but I just re-subbed recently and I love playing with mods so I'll give my input.

Bags: AdiBags if you like customization/filters and so forth, or LiteBag if you just want a simple 1-bag addon. ArkInventory is another customizable runner up choice.
Unit Frame: Shadowed Unit Frames has been mentioned already, I also like it. For the least amount of CPU usage you can use an addon to unlock the Blizz frames (like Leatrix Plus) and move them around instead.
Action Bars: Dominoes is another bar mod that uses less resources than Bartender since it's built more on Blizzard functions.
Raid/Party Unit frames: If you need more then Shadowed Unit Frames then try Grid2. (yes, Grid2 instead of Grid) Vuhdo and Healbot take more CPU to run so if you're tanking and not healing you may not want them.
Top/Bottom bar: These are usually referred to as "Lib Data Broker" or "LDB" mods I believe. TitanPanel is the sorta easy to use one with a lot of built in addons to it. Otherwise if you want to do it from scratch the Bazooka addon is the most lightweight of generic LDB addons, but then you will have to go out and download mods for each piece you want put on the bar such as a Clock/Gold Tracker/whatever. You can find LDB addons here Data Broker : World of Warcraft AddOns or here broker - Search - Curse
Damage Meter: Details! is lower on CPU usage than Skada, but uses more RAM which may or may not be an issue for you. I believe it is considered the more powerful addon between the two.
Chat mods/skins: BasicChatMods is an alternative that is more lightweight.

QOL mods:

TellMeWhen and/or AuraFrames are alternatives to Weak Auras if you find yourself not liking it as much.
GTFO - Audio indicator that you're standing in the fire and should move.
Quartz - Casting bar replacement
Scrap - Junk seller when you're at merchants
Scrap Cleaner - Works with Scrap to delete lowest value things from your bags when full (good if you farm a lot)
TipTop or TipTac - Tooltip replacement addons
BankItems or BagSync - Track inventory over alts
Postal and GnomishInboxShrinker - Mail mods

Decent list. if you didnt already by default consider it. Want a raid mod too for timers, etc. DBM is still my go to. I still know people who insist on bigwigs and their timers are always off in comparison. Last night someone's timer was off for M. Skorp but mine was spot on.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just assume everyone uses DBM, I don't think I've played without it since 1973

Resources aren't a major concern - running a 6700k, 16GB RAM, and GTX 1070

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Gnosis - is Quartz better? I only want a cast bar to have a big cast bar for when Boss's are casting
Quartz has been around since even before I quit previously (cata) so I've just always used it. Gnosis looks like it has some sort of integration to scrolling combat text addons like MSBT and lets you create buff/debuff/cooldown timers that looks like a castbar along with tons and tons of conditions on that. I don't see anything about it having a Latency meter built in to the bar though which I always found essential as a healer.

Edit:
Used to run both BigWigs and DBM at the same time because of the timers issue to be sure I got the right one. Great to see that there still isn't a de facto standard to use olol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here's my UI, thinking it' too busy. The cooldowns are a bit redundant since it's on my bar below, but the visual helps

JBbne4S.jpg