World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
They nerfed Convergance of Fates in like the first 2 weeks for ret I'm surprised it took them this long if i'm honest lmao

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Idunno I feel like Balance of Power not being account wide is okay but some form of speeding it up on alts if you already have it on your main would be great.

I thought they did that with the quest things in EN dropping 5 at a time in those clusters instead of like 1 every 3 bosses. Their version of 'speeding it up' I reckon!

and lots of folks complaining that their kills aren't counting toward the MASSIVE STORY of kill 3 broken shore rare elites. I assume that is tied into the whole 'credit when you loot AP' thing y'all mentioned.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's such a bizarre statement also that just doesn't make sense.

You want people to feel like concordance is attainable but then you take away the tool that is going to get them there quicker ...

Class Hall
Artifact Knowledge can now be researched to a maximum level of 40 (was 50).
  • Developers’ Notes: We raised the Knowledge cap from 40 to 50 very late in the 7.2 PTR cycle, out of an abundance of caution: We wanted to ensure that players of all playstyles, as well as alt characters, would view the Concordance trait as accessible. However, between the additional Artifact Power gains added in 7.2 and others that were hotfixed in after the patch released, we’re now well ahead of that mark. Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.
So basically for those of us who have had a consistent subscription, we're going to gain levels of Concordance much more slowly until the next expac, or not at all. Fabulous. One more month and I'll have 40 AK (7 days per AK scroll). Unless they're planning on expanding it again, assuming they release ToS in 4-5 weeks.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So basically for those of us who have had a consistent subscription, we're going to gain levels of Concordance much more slowly until the next expac, or not at all. Fabulous. One more month and I'll have 40 AK (7 days per AK scroll). Unless they're planning on expanding it again, assuming they release ToS in 4-5 weeks.
One good thing from it is that I am reading once you hit 40 the book you buy will make any alts instant 40 as well.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Draught nerf was just inevitable anyways.

There was no way they'd let it be better than some of the tomb trinkets and also possibly still used after tomb.

I also just rolled a mythic Draught off Guldan tonight, so I better live it up while I can. Also probably time to start rolling nethershards for a chance at Kil'jaedens or an Arcano.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I assume in 7.3 they'll expand AK and the traits once again, or else we'll just be grinding concordance until the end of the expansion. Since max concordance isn't possible (some guy that ends up dying of exhaustion will get it I'm sure, maybe Khane), maybe this is just the plan for the remainder of the expansion. I don't know about you but I'm really excited to get my Paragon levels. Er. AA. Er... Concordance.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
meh, i got my concordance a few days ago its nice as its about 4% vers but additional points dont really seem worth it, i wont be grinding out points either way.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I stopped grinding when the new traits came out, but there's plenty of people that did grind.

Asmongold said it best in his latest video, this is a good nerf because it ensures no one will grind these dumbass points now.

After I got my bis legendaries I stopped doing emissaries too, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
People will still grind them. Plenty of crazies out there.

Kinda sucks for all the people who relied on carry groups to get their M+ chests each week. Those are going to get harder and harder to find.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People will still grind them. Plenty of crazies out there.

Kinda sucks for all the people who relied on carry groups to get their M+ chests each week. Those are going to get harder and harder to find.
Yeah our group does whatever 7-9 we have from the chest and then whatever 10+ that gives once a week and that's it. We used to chain everyone's keys before

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They nerfed Convergance of Fates in like the first 2 weeks for ret I'm surprised it took them this long if i'm honest lmao
No, they nerfed it within the first 24 hours for ret. It was bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Someone did the math and basing it on the rate of the top AP farmer in the world it would take 157 years to max concordance.

• 1Salty

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is the worst patch in a long time. I still feel this was one of the better expansions at launch, but they are turning it into WoD at an accelerated pace. I don't know what annoys me the most, but I think its the WF/TF system. It just makes mythic raids almost pointless. Unless you were poopsocking NH, you basically got most of your mythic base items from the other three difficulties before getting to the bosses with any real loot in mythic. It's just bleh all around, even kill times and gear expectations are higher for alts and shit on normal runs and the like, just because some people CAN get insane ilvl drops by luck it's now the new normal that you better be H ilvl to run N. It's just sad.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They just said they're increasing damage and health on mythic + from 8% to 10% for each key level. And this:

• Keg Smash Smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [ 1 + 670% of AP ] damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. 40 Energy. 15 yd range. Instant. 8 sec cooldown. 1 sec cooldown.

Uhhhhh what the fuck?????

Aaaaaand purify nerfed from 50% to 40%

Come on blizzard, keep nerfing brm for no reason

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is the worst patch in a long time. I still feel this was one of the better expansions at launch, but they are turning it until WoD at an accelerated pace. I don't know what annoys me the most, but I think its the WF/TF system. It just makes mythic raids almost pointless. Unless you were poopsocking NH, you basically got most of your mythic base items from the other three difficulties before getting to the bosses with any real loot in mythic. It's just bleh all around, even kill times and gear expectations are higher for alts and shit on normal runs and the like, just because some people CAN get insane ilvl drops by luck it's now the new normal that you better be H ilvl to run N. It's just sad.

Yeah. I used to not care too much about it because chances of getting better gear from M+ or Heroic and lower raids was low enough that Mythic raiding was still better.... until they made Mythic NH so fucking overtuned that you weren't getting gear upgrades from it because you couldn't fucking kill anything.

Looking at my gear only 4 pieces come from Mythic NH at 914 equipped. The rest are from Heroic and lower or M+ (I've gotten pretty lucky with my weekly chests, I only run one Mythic+ a week for the 10)

Khing - WoW

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They just said they're increasing damage and health on mythic + from 8% to 10% for each key level. And this:

• Keg Smash Smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [ 1 + 670% of AP ] damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. 40 Energy. 15 yd range. Instant. 8 sec cooldown. 1 sec cooldown.

Uhhhhh what the fuck?????

Aaaaaand purify nerfed from 50% to 40%

Come on blizzard, keep nerfing brm for no reason

Purify obvious big nerf but is that a change to ks damage? Otherwise isn't that a big buff at least like for aoe tanking big packs?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kegsmash is big damage but even more importantly it's big aoe damage (and slow). It reduces brew cooldown time by 4s. Also with traits it has a 20% chance to launch another keg (which can chain another, and another). It typically hits for about 700k or something and also refreshes the cooldown on breath of fire. It does the most of my total.damage in a given fight

At 1s it has to be a mistake, otherwise we are literally Gods. I bet it's a typo and they nerfed it to 10s