Xbox Live Gold's "Games with Gold" program

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

The first up is Fable 3, expires on June 30th.

Next up is Defense Grid: The Awakening, some XBLA title:http://majornelson.com/2013/06/30/ga...the-awakening/

It will be up for July 1st through July 15th.

So basically, this program is just for X360 games (right now) and it looks like they'll do a XBLA game from the 1st through the 15th and then a full retail digital game from the 16th to the 30th/31st. 2 titles a month which are split between the two halves of the month. Pretty awful compared to what PS+ offers and from what's been announced the regular games will probably be mostly ancient crap.

They really need to boost this shit up to par with PS+, just straight copy them or make it even better.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't see them ever giving away a ton of content on 360 since they don't require your to maintain a subscription to access it.

Remains to be seen how comparable the services will end up being on the next gen consoles.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I don't see them ever giving away a ton of content on 360 since they don't require your to maintain a subscription to access it.

Remains to be seen how comparable the services will end up being on the next gen consoles.
Good point. Also, this only lasts until the end of the year. It's not an ongoing thing like PS+.

Sean_sl

shitlord
so, just in time to sell XB180 then "sorry, no more free games" ?
I hope not. Microsoft needs to add something more than this to keep XBLG competitive with PS+ in the coming generation. Despite the insane amount of Disappointment that Microsoft has brought to me recently, I do hope that they find some way to be competitive and at least try to not fall flat on their faces. Hopefully this is just a test and they replace it with something different & better when it's over at the end of the year.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Something MUCH better you mean... Thusfar they're barely matching cost with the XBLG cost with the freebies versus PS+ which exceeds it by leagues. ($20 last month, starting off with $5 it looks like this month - and of course no extra discounts on purchases yet)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Too little too late. These guys are certifiable idiots for starters, and that's just being nice.

1) "Until the end of the year" better turn to "We are going to release 6-8 new games per month including 4 AAA titles - and this will not end. Ever."
2) Don "The retard" Mattrick is on his way to Zynga. Home of industry incompetence and industry criminals. (Too bad 90% of the Xbox One Team in it's entirety isn't heading there)

Rot in hell this generation Microsoft. Good luck next Gen. Until then, I hope you eat cash loss on this project until 2019.

Sulrn

Deuces
Too little too late. These guys are certifiable idiots for starters, and that's just being nice.

1) "Until the end of the year" better turn to "We are going to release 6-8 new games per month including 4 AAA titles - and this will not end. Ever."
2) Don "The retard" Mattrick is on his way to Zynga. Home of industry incompetence and industry criminals. (Too bad 90% of the Xbox One Team in it's entirety isn't heading there)

Rot in hell this generation Microsoft. Good luck next Gen. Until then, I hope you eat cash loss on this project until 2019.
Did Bill Gates fuck your boyfriend? Just curious.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Around $80 in value on PS+ this month - don't think the math is even possible for the second title of XBLG to even remotely compare.