Zigfrak

Troll_sl

shitlord
Okay, so, wow. This is a surprising little game. I'm not too far into it yet, but I'm liking what I see, so far.

It's a space-based, shoot-em-up RPG. It's open world (you can fly anywhere in-system and there's a lot of systems) and lots of loot. There's a main quest plus, it looks like, a lot of side quests. I think you can just go places and blow shit up. The music is great. Very atmospheric. Graphics aren'tthe best, but they're good. The devs even tossed in a lot of little flourishes, like making the screen go static when you activate signal jammers.

The only gripes I would have would be UI and controls. The UI is a little clunky and I had to remap a lot of keys. It felt better after I did that. But they're usable and, once I get used to them, will be just fine.

I think this will be my go-to game when I just want to play something. That doesn't mean it's a simple game, though. I think there's some depth hidden there. I just haven't gotten far enough to see it. I'm getting hints of a crafting system.

The bonus is, it's only $2.50 on steam right now, which makes this an absolute must-buy.

Zigfrak is a shoot-and-loot action RPG (in space!)