Recent content by Deathwing

  1. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    Is there that could help guide someone on this the first few times? This sounds similar to stuff Matt Pocock cooks up, but he iterates far too much to follow closely.
  2. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    Maybe. You're suggesting get the work small enough so that auto is more trustworthy?
  3. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    Pull ticket and stick it in plan mode. Read plan, make corrections, ask questions. Stick it in manual mode, laboriously approve all operations so it doesn't blow past code changes. Read, understand, and correct if necessary said changes. If the change was substantial, spawn separate agent who...
  4. Deathwing

    Diablo 5

    You've normalized making such utterly retarded takes that I honestly can't tell if you're joking. So...good job?
  5. Deathwing

    Diablo 5

    Kinda disappointing to see Chris buying the hype. He should know better.
  6. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    I've only worked with Claude, but I've generally been happy with Opus. People I work with have been comparatively negative about Codex, which sucks with the whole watermarking shit and DoD customers, which we have.
  7. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    Perhaps that's part of the difference between our reactions. I don't think I've ever been a good programmer. Just yesterday a colleague was explaining different ways to design logging solutions and I'm just like...print()? Not that I don't understand the concepts when explained, I just don't...
  8. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    I'm on the train, don't worry. At least somewhat. I upgraded to Claude Code Max last week so that I had the tokens to run automated test triage(fully replacing the idiot underling) while still having more than enough for the rest of my development work. Wrote my first skill a few days ago...
  9. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    I can't seem to get comfortable with AI from a knowledge retention perspective. I will investigate, plan, read the diffs(in manual mode, no auto), ask for explanations and changes, review the final output, understand everything and then feel like a fraction of that was retained as opposed to...
  10. Deathwing

    Funny, Strange, Random Pics

    Aren't trucks inherently mobile? I wonder if this will anger more people than the pedantry.
  11. Deathwing

    Funny, Strange, Random Pics

  12. Deathwing

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    As a QA team lead, AI definitely speeds up parts of our work. We never had time for unit testing our test harness, now it's an afterthought as AI manages that for "free". There's definitely a blind spot there, I'm not reviewing the unit tests AI writes, so they could all be worthlessly...
  13. Deathwing

    MTG thread

    Oh, I doubt it's Commander then, I didn't know it required 4 people. It's just some after school club that meets once in a while. Perhaps one of those prebuilts would be better?
  14. Deathwing

    Diablo 5

    Fuck that. Until the computer industry unfucks itself, continuing to push graphical fidelity is harmful to a game's bottom line. PoE2 is probably going to push past 200GB with 1.0 because of how ridiculous their shaders are. I wouldn't be surprised to see games advertising settings that let...
  15. Deathwing

    Diablo 5

    The regression is that it took 3 years, $80 base game and 2 full $60 expansions to get back to D3.5. A sign that they want to create a good game first is continuing that path on D4. Instead, pay again for a new set of unforced errors. The discussion of value gotten out of a purchase should be...