Recent content by ShakyJake

  1. ShakyJake

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    This one was for sure. But I'm also wondering if there are any part time type jobs for this. Wouldn't mind doing a few when I had the time for extra bucks.
  2. ShakyJake

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    This definitely crossed my mind. Hah
  3. ShakyJake

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    Got a cold email today about a full-time contract grading coding-agent work for a frontier lab. Remote US, $150/hour, 40 hours a wee for 6 months. The work is reading agent transcripts and pull requests all day, which patch is actually better, which tests are game-able, what the diff really...
  4. ShakyJake

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    I remember back in my night community college classes there was a group of students from the DRC. They were well dressed and groomed. Good students. Quite the opposite from the local African Americans with their pants halfway down their ass.
  5. ShakyJake

    Remnant 2

    I got pissed with that music harp thing. Could not get that thing to work despite looking up hints.
  6. ShakyJake

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    I mean, this sounds exactly like every other legacy system that already exists. We maintain an ancient ASP.NET WebForms app that started in the early .NET 2 days. Over the years people dumped in different third-party frameworks, flipped patterns every couple of years, and nobody ever cleaned the...
  7. ShakyJake

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    We write device drivers to interface third-party physical devices with our software. Unit testing can only take you so far, especially when the vendor's spec documentation is often WRONG. It makes the process extremely labor intensive and honestly makes me wonder why we're still in this business.
  8. ShakyJake

    Dark Matter

    Next season is Silo's last. 2027 release.
  9. ShakyJake

    Dark Matter

    It's based on a book series, I believe. So I imagine it might follow the same path as Silo.
  10. ShakyJake

    Dark Matter

    Not really. I mean, she's appropriately traumatized.
  11. ShakyJake

    AI: The Rise of the Machines... Or Just a Lot of Overhyped Chatbots?

    I'm on SuperGrok ($30/month) because that gives you access to Build. Unless they changed it, you don't get access to the CLI tool with the basic subscription.
  12. ShakyJake

    AI: The Rise of the Machines... Or Just a Lot of Overhyped Chatbots?

    Grok is a big boy. I have subs to all three (OpenAI, Anthropic, and X), and Grok is equally capable.
  13. ShakyJake

    IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

    Most of our group was slow to start using coding agents. That is over now. Almost everyone is using them, and stories are completing a lot faster -- and our testers are getting crushed. They still do most of the work by hand, so they are really falling behind. I keep wondering what this looks...
  14. ShakyJake

    The End of Oak Street (2026)

    Thought this was pretty okay, especially considering the runtime. If it had dragged on for two-plus hours, forget it. As a short and sweet action/sci-fi movie, though, it works fine. Of course they can't help but to sprinkle in the gay shit.
  15. ShakyJake

    Reacher

    Again, I don’t understand why some of you think Reacher is an ultra-realistic TV show. I enjoyed this season for its over the top action sequences. That jump-on-the-table move was awesome.