Breaking Bad

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
im going to say, walt was doing just fine til skylar walked into his life. his life has been a downward spiral from that point on. when he was with getchen and gray matter it seemed like the world was walt's oyster. the blank pages between that point and why he tossed away a billion dollar business to play a pussywhipped high school teacher with a mentally deficient son still needs to be filled in.

my theory, walt got a boner watching the crossword puzzle waitress(skylar) ,which pissed off gretchen and she cheated on him with his partner and that caused the bad blood, then oops! crossword waitress is now pregnant so he had to do the right thing and marry her and settle down. he quickly sold his business to pay for the new start on life. buying some baby furniture along the way. sure nobody made walt put his penis in the waitress, still she was the cause of all his problems. make no mistake, skylar is a bitch, she has no friends, the only person she talks to is her sister, who she is a bitch to as well
walt is a dick though. Wakandan dick.

iannis

Musty Nester
Something like that has been heavily implied.

If he cheated on Gretchen, or Gretchen cheated on him... or if Gretchen was actually "with" his partner and cheatedwithWalt... I doubt they'll ever pin that down. I also doubt it's important.

It was a youthful high stakes love triangle, and Walt couldn't take it so he torpedoed himself. Walts greatest enemy is his pride. Same as it ever was.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
yeah. he could've always went back and worked with them but nope. It's his pride that fucked up his family, including Skyler.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So at the end of season 4, when Jesse and Walt shake hands in the parking lot's roof, who the hell was taking pictures ?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah. he could've always went back and worked with them but nope. It's his pride that fucked up his family, including Skyler.
Actually, having gone back and rewatched it I'd be surprised if they didn't go back and explain it at some point. Gretchen saying Walt just packed up and left without saying a word during 4th of July with her family and him claiming she remembers it all wrong.

Fedor

<Banned>
EapptK2.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like the final eight starts this Sunday. Between that, and football season, it's a joyous time.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yep. That honest trailer was completely honest.

And the kid... we're not sure if we're allowed to make fun of.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, having gone back and rewatched it I'd be surprised if they didn't go back and explain it at some point. Gretchen saying Walt just packed up and left without saying a word during 4th of July with her family and him claiming she remembers it all wrong.
mmm...i'd like to know more but...will they ever reveal...eh.

spronk

FPS noob
there were two parts, one in season 2 (episode 6) and one in season 5 (the episode where he talks about selling his billion dollar stake in Grey Matter for $500 or so?). In the first part Gretchen says Walt abandoned her, Elliot, and Grey Matter right after the 4th of July with her family with no explanations, and Walt accuses her of cheating on him with Elliot and she is shocked and sad for Walt. In the second, season 5 one Walt tells someone (forgot who) that Gretchen's family came from old money and they insulted him for being beneath her during July 4th weekend, and in a rage he left them.

So while they could fill in some of the details, the story seems pretty obvious: Walt's insane pride perceives an insult as much bigger than it is, and he assembles a massive conspiracy against him to justify a really, really, really stupid decision - leaving Grey Matter and Gretchen. Much of his life and revenge/pride driven decisions during the show have been a reaction to that.