Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I played for a day. Felt too unproductive when I could be doing other things so I uninstalled.

It's definitely better and I will maybe come back for a winter season sometime.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I played for a day. Felt too unproductive when I could be doing other things so I uninstalled.

It's definitely better and I will maybe come back for a winter season sometime.

Yes bitch video games aren’t meant to be productive, why are you always such a miserable cunt?

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes bitch video games aren’t meant to be productive, why are you always such a miserable cunt?
I guess what I meant to say is that the game still feels "all grind, no adventure."

I've got a backlog of other video games that are enjoyable, no reason to commit myself to a grind, even if it's a much better grind than on release.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
PTR was fun, this is not, massive bugs. If you aren’t using the holy bolts to level stupid fast you aren’t doing it right, or using them to kill the level 200 Ubers with adds then wrong again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I guess what I meant to say is that the game still feels "all grind, no adventure."

I've got a backlog of other video games that are enjoyable, no reason to commit myself to a grind, even if it's a much better grind than on release.
If you stay in Helltides, you can get to 100 in a day. Raxx has at least two if not more 100's now. There is so little grind left in the initial leveling process. I have been having a lot of medical tests and still have a couple of level 50s with only a few hours a day. I would have my necro way higher but stopped the Helltides treadmill to do some real quests again and some world bosses. The game still needs some work, no doubt but always the best part of the game was the moment to moment gameplay.

I want to try another HOTA Barb now.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Like others have said, the game is finally in a good "base" state. If the game had released this way, it would've been received far better. Now it's up to them to add fun, engaging content to fill it out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

think i am now on the, "needs a loot filter" bandwagon.

PTR was fun, this is not, massive bugs. If you aren’t using the holy bolts to level stupid fast you aren’t doing it right, or using them to kill the level 200 Ubers with adds then wrong again.
is there a trick to using the holy bolts? used them once. watching a stream and chat was saying they can hit for 15ish billion

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's the OP Necro build?

Doing Bone Spirit and it's really fun one shotting stuff every 4 seconds, but not finding CD reduction gear and no build guide says how to get 0 CD Bone Spirit. The 4 sec wait is just killing my desire to play it and survivability is poor.

Feel like some basic minion build would be better.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Doing Bone Spirit and it's really fun one shotting stuff every 4 seconds, but not finding CD reduction gear and no build guide says how to get 0 CD Bone Spirit. The 4 sec wait is just killing my desire to play it and survivability is poor.

I just played blind with random minion abilities then switched to this leveling build around 50-60.

Not sure when to switch to a "End Game" game build.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
why are fucking royal gems so fucking hard to make? i'm almost level 90 and i have like 1/5th of the required fragments to make one? 10K frags really? why?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
when u get enuff CD red to maintain boneshield up, u can switch to shadow minion, which seem the best necro spec (focus golem/blight). its a pain in the sas to get +golem on chest tho

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
why are fucking royal gems so fucking hard to make? i'm almost level 90 and i have like 1/5th of the required fragments to make one? 10K frags really? why?
Ya they're pretty grindy. You have to dismantle all the lower level ones which helps a bit.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

I was going with a full set of minions with blood surge with the aspects that create a second wave and unique that make corpses assplode with blood and also burst around minions. Was stupidly effective with any dense packs, so Hell Tides and nightmare dungeons in particular.

Boost blood damage, boost damage when standing, refund/reduce essence stuff, and make yourself as tanky as possible. Then as long as there were a group of mobs in immediate range just stand there blasting the whole screen dead rapid fire. Major strobing warning, though, gave my girlfriend migraine watching me play.

Not as great single targets, but still managed the bosses I've tried including Duriel and the Andy Angel at 85 using the minion ultimate and speccing them to create corpses. As long as the ultimate was firing could chain blood surge. And not a brag, my build wasn't optimized and hadn't bothered leveling glyphs or paying much attention to patsgon boards, it's just a strong, easy build that at some point I'm sure gets weak.

Then.... Then I got bored and spent a few hours respecing to a non-minion mist build. Bleh. Minions are just so strong I might have to re-respec to a minion mist build. Let them make corpses and distract enemies as I mist around exploding them. I dunno, I just didn't have gear or patsgon/glyphs to do infinity shadow mist. Need to go back to a level/glyphing build.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I know what you mean, but I have to disagree. The story is actually really good. And progression feels super smooth this season. This is the easiest I’ve maxed out any character in any online game I’ve ever played. It progresses leveling so quickly I always wanted to come back.

However, RNG is going to be a nightmare, but idc bc they seem to have figured out that side of progression too. Constant lil squirrel nuts have my playing this more than any game in the last 10 years.

It’s really scratching an itch for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
eric cartman nascar GIF by South Park

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
think i am now on the, "needs a loot filter" bandwagon.

is there a trick to using the holy bolts? used them once. watching a stream and chat was saying they can hit for 15ish billion
Kill the non elites, bolts fly kill elites. If your pet kills a mob then everything dies because the damage multiplier is going through you and then again on the pet making huge bolts. Any boss with adds bolts will kill.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK build guides suck. There's loads of them, they are either YouTube videos or a skill calulator without context.

Anyway there's no reason for any Necro to not have minions. Added minions and my build now works.

The sacrifice bonuses don't justify not having a load of skeletons running around and there are not enough legendary powers per skill to fill the slots, you can can put on a few minion powers.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was trying to get rid of all the notifications this morning - (downloaded an update for Nvidia and.. back to screen tearing and shit, but w/e.. Over it.)

BUT - Whoever the team was that designed the cosmetics for not only the season, but the cash shop as well for the newest ones - they're fucking bangers. Wish that shit was in game, cause aint no way Im spending 26+ bucks on cosmetics.

Also, playing the game with one of my buddies. Its his first time playing. Doing the story with him, and I swear they've changed up bits and pieces of it. I dont remember seeing a good chunk of this shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Does late barbarian feel better? Doing upheaval build and constantly starved for fury, making it feel beyond terrible. Also when do I get full control of the arsenal system? This auto pick bullshit is dumb as fuck.