Doctor Who

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For context, I’m British. Have two gay brothers in law and a gay nephew and don’t consider myself homophobic.

However, the last two episodes of this new Doctor have been rainbow dialled up to 11. Not all gays want to push their message down your throat or behave like raging queens constantly bragging about their sexual preferences/antics. This feels more like Russell T Davies having a mid-life crisis and still wanting to appeal to younger guys. Doctor Who isn’t, and shouldn’t be, a platform for setting his gay stall out. He needs to knock out another Queer as Folk or It’s a Sin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
For context, I’m British. Have two gay brothers in law and a gay nephew and don’t consider myself homophobic.

However, the last two episodes of this new Doctor have been rainbow dialled up to 11. Not all gays want to push their message down your throat or behave like raging queens constantly bragging about their sexual preferences/antics. This feels more like Russell T Davies having a mid-life crisis and still wanting to appeal to younger guys. Doctor Who isn’t, and shouldn’t be, a platform for setting his gay stall out. He needs to knock out another Queer as Folk or It’s a Sin.
homos are like 1% of the population and yet they are 35% of the characters on TV.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
homos are like 1% of the population and yet they are 35% of the characters on TV.

According to statistics it’s just over 3% of the population in the UK and 7% in the US. But, yes, considerably less than represented on mainstream tv.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
the Bette Midler monster is married to a friend of Russell T Davies. there is no fucking way he would get cast for a TV show unless the one hiring him was also a freak. like Russell T Davies.
-edit
they are long time friends

How did you get the part of Maestro in Doctor Who?

I have been friends with Russell T Davies (showrunner/executive producer) for a long time. He has been to so much of my stuff, and always been so supportive. He came to see my show in Manchester, which is a farce set in the future. It’s me and my music partner Major Scales in our 80’s reflecting on our careers. It's a really ridiculous show. I'm playing an older, stylised, somewhat grand, somewhat mean version of myself. Russell told me after he saw that show, he was walking home that night and he realised he wanted me to play the role that I ended up playing in Doctor Who. At that moment, he started writing the role a little bit more with me in mind. When I got the script, the character’s description said, “One part the Joker, one part Jinkx Monsoon.”

What did Russell see in that show in Manchester that made him think that you would be perfect for the role?

I like to play with the Jinkx Monsoon character I've created, and in my show he saw I was really leaning into this farcical future version of Jinkx. She has an ability to switch emotions on a dime. She can be completely enamoured with herself one moment, and then in a boiling rage the next. One of the scariest things about a villain is when you don't know what they're going to do next, when you have no way of reading them, when they're smiling at you but they're about to attack. I think that’s what Russell saw in my show
The villian was well acted and terrifying. It was the concept of it for sci fi, the cheesiness of everyone else and things like 4th wall breaking that made it offputting.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Holy Moffat. That was an amazing episode and Moffat pulled zero punches in eviscerating the military Industrial complex and the Anglican church in the same go.

Plus the doctor standing on a mine for 30+ mins of the episode was crazy and yet Ncuti pulled it off.

the actress for Mundy Flynn is the new companion for next season...we don't know the companions name but it would be pretty slick if we just met the new companion a year early

• 1Garbage

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy Moffat. That was an amazing episode and Moffat pulled zero punches in eviscerating the military Industrial complex and the Anglican church in the same go.

Plus the doctor standing on a mine for 30+ mins of the episode was crazy and yet Ncuti pulled it off.

the actress for Mundy Flynn is the new companion for next season...we don't know the companions name but it would be pretty slick if we just met the new companion a year early
Any heterosexual white men concur?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Oh, they are already getting rid of the cute white girl and replacing her with an ugly jogger.

These people cannot help themselves.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh, they are already getting rid of the cute white girl and replacing her with an ugly jogger.

These people cannot help themselves.
This was a rumour based on people photographing filming of the next season, they came out and said it wasn't true.

So either they are lying and she did something to get sacked, or it's a lesbian companion storyline.

The indian girl in the last episode is the new companion but is probably going to be playing a different character. They did the same thing with Karen Gillan and also Peter Capaldi.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This was a rumour based on people photographing filming of the next season, they came out and said it wasn't true.

So either they are lying and she did something to get sacked, or it's a lesbian companion storyline.

The indian girl in the last episode is the new companion but is probably going to be playing a different character. They did the same thing with Karen Gillan and also Peter Capaldi.
but Karen started out incredibly adorable. people wanted to see more of her and they delivered. thats how the fucking world was supposed to work.
iu

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Martha Jones' actress was also in Who before she be became a companion. Her character got turned into a cyberman during the Rose Tyler run, then later they just said Martha Jones had a twin sister lol

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Martha is so easy to forget entirely. I really like a couple of the stories from her season and yet I always forget she was the companion at the time...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dindu faggot tells viewers to stop watching if they don't like Dr Who being a dindu faggot.

Next episode is least watched episode in entire 60+ year history of the series.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Dindu faggot tells viewers to stop watching if they don't like Dr Who being a dindu faggot.

Next episode is least watched episode in entire 60+ year history of the series.
You may not be wrong, but you need to wait for the figures including online viewing next week.

You have to include change of viewing habits from live to streaming, and that epidodes are released online early now.

It's a shame that the episodes are much better written and budgeted overall, but there's too much weird/woke cringe poisoning the while thing.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jodie Whittaker: "Yaz, you are the bestest person ever"

*sad synth*

Yaz: "No Doctor, you are the bestest ever"

*different sad synth*

Ryan: "Uh Doctor, I fell over, it's the Dys... Dysp... Dyspraxithing"

*sad synth*

Bradley Walsh: "Come on Ryan, I'm getting double the viewers for a tenth of the cost with my quiz show on the other channel"

John Bishop: *unintelligable scouse noises*