EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1715997623008.png

Anyone able to confirm if these things are really account-bound? They don't look account-bound. If they were, people should be scrambling to do these quests before Teek.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What no ft5 day one for all hybrids? Must be an oversight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What are you guys on about? I searched timeless tokens and saw a fuckload of stuff, mostly augs. You talkin about a ft5 mount or some shit?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I keep hearing about Timeless Tokens being account-bound and how there's a chance people can spend them on Teek for OP stuff.

Well, it doesn't look like they're account-bound. That said, if Tides of Time IS on Teek at launch, there isn't anything stopping people from forming a group at 60 and doing the quests on there and getting OP gear. I seriously doubt it will be there though.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it's just tons of hopium by people who don't realize how tons of stuff is expansion or level gated. I mean, it's DPG, so it's hardly impossible that they screw up, but that is at least something they've been doing for a long time.

TheRealmOnline

Silver Squire
What are you guys on about? I searched timeless tokens and saw a fuckload of stuff, mostly augs. You talkin about a ft5 mount or some shit?
Yes the lvl 55 augs are assumed to be on Teek Day 1. Would need a separate code base to block it out which I doubt DPG will do. Big curfuffel on EQ forums about it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yes the lvl 55 augs are assumed to be on Teek Day 1. Would need a separate code base to block it out which I doubt DPG will do. Big curfuffel on EQ forums about it.

Can those be obtained as soon as one hits level 55, given the level-scaling nature of the quests?

Torok

Trakanon Raider
Can those be obtained as soon as one hits level 55, given the level-scaling nature of the quests?
If you can complete the tasks and spend the currency should be yeah, if they don't have it disabled or blocked in some other way. Which its suspected to be open. We'll find out once it goes live. Each of the floors won't be trivial, but the currency and items are tradable on mischief. We'll see how it goes in a few days!

DickTrickle

You don't need a separate code base. You need probably one line of code to check last expansion enabled. This already exists for other anniversary items and quests. If it's there on Teek launch, it's because of ignorance and laziness, not code difficulty.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't need a separate code base. You need probably one line of code to check last expansion enabled. This already exists for other anniversary items and quests. If it's there on Teek launch, it's because of ignorance and laziness, not code difficulty.
So what you are saying is that it will be there at launch.

This is a company that could have fairly easily created a merged concept of Selo and Mischief and opened two servers. The two servers would most likely have had the highest population for a TLP to this point and thus would have made them a lot more money.

Yes, lets say that ignorance and laziness is not part of the equation....

DickTrickle

So what you are saying is that it will be there at launch.

This is a company that could have fairly easily created a merged concept of Selo and Mischief and opened two servers. The two servers would most likely have had the highest population for a TLP to this point and thus would have made them a lot more money.

Yes, lets say that ignorance and laziness is not part of the equation....
Yeah, they make lots of dumb decisions. However, let's not forget they came up with the idea of the Mischief server in the first place when basically no one was asking for something like it.

If this goes live, I don't expect it to stay after there's more of an uproar. It'd be nice to see if Ngreth had anything to say about the rewards being available as he's the one most attuned to TLP concerns. If he's aware and doesn't care then it's probably staying but I'm sure he just hasn't considered it for TLP.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I literally don't remember anyone playing Selos beyond the 2 guilds racing on Selos. I'm not saying it's PVP server level of rose colored glasses, but I don't think the meat of the TLP casuals gave a single fuck about Selos. It was too extreme for probably 75% of the TLP community. Saying it was the obvious choice to pair with a Mischief is a huge assumption. Classic boring fucking vanilla TLP's ALWAYS do well. Every single one. They're also easy as fuck to implement because they've done it 15 times and there's no special rules they have to continuously monitor and make game changes for.

And the Mischief idea was actually taken from several different people, but before JChan they pulled the old "oh, loot doesn't work that way! We can't do that!" bullshit that Daybreak thrived on to keep their game in the MMO stone age. Pretty funny it's just bold-faced lies too.

DickTrickle

I literally don't remember anyone playing Selos beyond the 2 guilds racing on Selos. I'm not saying it's PVP server level of rose colored glasses, but I don't think the meat of the TLP casuals gave a single fuck about Selos. It was too extreme for probably 75% of the TLP community. Saying it was the obvious choice to pair with a Mischief is a huge assumption. Classic boring fucking vanilla TLP's ALWAYS do well. Every single one. They're also easy as fuck to implement because they've done it 15 times and there's no special rules they have to continuously monitor and make game changes for.

And the Mischief idea was actually taken from several different people, but before JChan they pulled the old "oh, loot doesn't work that way! We can't do that!" bullshit that Daybreak thrived on to keep their game in the MMO stone age. Pretty funny it's just bold-faced lies too.
Yeah, I'm sure somewhere someone thought of the idea of a random loot server, but there was no push for it in any way. You wouldn't find threads asking for it every time new TLPs were coming around. There was more evidence of an interest in a PVP server than a random loot server before it actually happened.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Are we so sure that "classic boring fucking vanilla TLPS" ALWAYS do well because they are "classic boring vanilla" or is it simply the rush of a fresh server? I remember long before TLPs when servers like Mayong and Maelin and many others were created they, too, were very popular iirc. It was pretty much always down to the "fresh rush."

So if the "fresh rush" is the true key ingredient, they may as well spice shit up no? There's no doubt "classic ish" plays a role. But I bet it's a very small portion of players that actually want boring fucking classic and nothing more. At that point you're so purist you may as well go play p99 or Quarm.

Lmao do something insane like let AI code unique items and make every single item that drops be one of a kind or ten of a kind and totally random and make it all free trade. That shit would be wild. With 7 primary stats 3 secondary stats 5 resists and a variable on each of those you have a near infinite ability to make infinite unique items anyways. Every single time you kill a named or boss you actually have NO IDEA what will come out. Create some stat budget formula and apply it in blocks like they do now, but be extra lenient with it to let shit get wild. People will stay subbed longer trying to chase the RNG to get the perfect item. (this might actually not be possible though lol)

Or just randomly tag mobs as named and give them drops, massively boost outdoor exp. Rotate "hot" zones where crazy shit drops and random named spawn. I just diarrhead both those ideas but with the success of Mischief and what looks to be the success of Teek, I think wackier will make them more money and make players happier. I could be wrong though, I'm out of touch and not the target, since I've missed like the last 4 tlps. But I think both Season of Discovery (and wow hardcore) and Mischief kinda paint the picture of what the old mmorpg boomers want and it isn't classic anymore, I don't think.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's both.

Do you know how many people I've seen order plain hamburgers from McDonalds in front of me in the drive thru? A fucking HUGE percentage. Like, blow my mind percentage. It's fucking crazy how scared of different/new/bold ideas people are.

And some people just have the blandest taste possible..