Fallout 4

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Such a huge step back from New Vegas. That's when Bethesda lost the plot. Nothing they've released since has been worth playing.
Bethesda didn't do New Vegas, that was an Obsidian game. Bethesda only published it. FO4 was made by Bethesda and it is worth playing, especially with mods - until Microsoft killed that off.

So you are wrong on multiple levels.

Caliane

I think he was saying Beth lost the plot when they failed to live up to New Vegas. he wasn't suggesting they made NV.

FO4 itself is a mixed bag. like skyrim compared to morrowind/oblivion, it reduced some aspects of their design, but greatly expanded others. Fo4 took another major step away from wasteland/fo isometric design, but took a huge step forward in immersive sim design. settlements, survival mode, scavenging, etc. the voiced protag was a step away from pure character creation, into preset. Which in some ways, is against that immersive sim, as you have someone elses voice, but at the same time, the less time you spend doing preset quests and more just living in the wasteland, the less that matters.

The people that insist starfield should be more like Cyberpunk 2077 are probably the same people that hate Fo4. they want a story driven narrative rpg. the people that want open world immersive sims where they can just enter the world and go off and explore, love fo4.

Starfield of course does neither well.
fo76 also kindof failed to do either at first either. No people, so totally failed the people looking for the narrative rpg. and, the pvp/mp focus also killed the immersive sim aspsects. even if apparently does have one of the best actual gameworld/exploration.

like, I liked fo4 quite a bit. I also have never finished ANY of the main storylines. same with skyrim. Wanderer, going around meeting weird people, and building a community? hell yeah. finding my dead son? nah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
I enjoyed fallout four. The ending was dumb. It lacked the classic fallout "mysterious hidden threat" behind the scenes.

It showed you one thing. Then upon further investigation, it was the same thing. But then hidden deeper down... same thing

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I only played this on Ps4 before, but I just got it on PC. I like building shit. What are the best mods to get?
It's been a long time since I've modded FO4 but I'd start browsing these two categories for settlement stuff. Sorted by most unique user downloads.

Player Settlement

Sim Settlements 2

This nephilim appears to be starting a new series on modding FO4. Might be worth following. Good luck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I only played this on Ps4 before, but I just got it on PC. I like building shit. What are the best mods to get?
They have full packs (collections) available at nexus mods. You can do it one by one, but the collections plus a membership for $5 makes it a 3-4 click install. I have not done it for this game, but I have for Skyrim and it worked perfect.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
They have full packs (collections) available at nexus mods. You can do it one by one, but the collections plus a membership for $5 makes it a 3-4 click install. I have not done it for this game, but I have for Skyrim and it worked perfect.
Thanks, I just signed up

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I enjoyed fallout four. The ending was dumb. It lacked the classic fallout "mysterious hidden threat" behind the scenes.

It showed you one thing. Then upon further investigation, it was the same thing. But then hidden deeper down... same thing

You can only play "hide the salami" for so long. Players either get bored of it and quit, figuring that they'll never find out (I'm looking at you Half Life and G-Man) or they don't like where the story is heading.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
18 hours later, I feel like I was lied to
1716842450107.png

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
yea that worked the opposite of good.
Check the instructions of the collection you installed. Sometimes there is a bit of prep work to do or a mod or two that is not available on Nexus.

Also, make sure you installed a collection that is compatible with the current "next gen" update. That update broke a lot of mods, notably the script extender that many rely on. If it's an older collection, you might have to install a mod that downgrades the game to the previous version.

• 1Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yea that worked the opposite of good.
I think the guy who recommended that is a pollock. Like Denamian just said, the next gen update broke things pretty bad for mods (like the Anniversary update did with Skyrim). It could take weeks or months before mod authors update their stuff.

Uninstall vortex and all FO4 stuff (video above) then start fresh with Mod Organizer 2 (video below).

Find one or two mods that look good. Read everything including in the comments/bugs. Proceed only if the mod has been updated for the next gen update. Install one or two mods at a time and test for stability. Repeat as needed.

Use the coc command at the menu to quickly load into a cell instead of going through the game intro each time. It won't be useful for mods that rely on intro sequence scripts but it can help check for overall stability and major crashes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I think the guy who recommended that is a pollock. Like Denamian just said, the next gen update broke things pretty bad for mods (like the Anniversary update did with Skyrim). It could take weeks or months before mod authors update their stuff.

Uninstall vortex and all FO4 stuff (video above) then start fresh with Mod Organizer 2 (video below).

Find one or two mods that look good. Ready everything including in the comments/bugs. Proceed only if the mod has been updated for the next gen update. Install one or two mods at a time and test for stability. Repeat as needed.

Pass. I don't have the patience for this shit in my rec time. I'll be playing unmodded total annihilation if anyone needs me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like