Furiosa (2024)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
At first I thought he was conflating details with one of the Halloween movies but he's talking about the unbelievably awful fifth movie, A New Beginning. Pamela was the killer in the first movie then Jason was the killer for the next 3. They planned to go in a different direction starting with 5, with the killers just being copycats/people driven mad but the movie was a flop and they turned Jason supernatural in the 6th movie so they could bring him back after killing him off at the end of 4.

The sixth movie is where the series stepped away from bog-standard gore and tits and more into black humor and a bit more action.
yes, everyone thought 5 was so bad that it was memory holed for 40 years. i wish i could, but i was at the theater expecting a Jason movie and i got punked instead by it. at least Halloween 3 was an actually good movie and was its own thing , they never claimed Michael Myers was in it in the title. 6 i went to see with my gf and it was a lot of fun. it even has a cool(cringe!) Alice Cooper music video attached to it. much like Dream Warriors has with Freddy 3.

they wanted you to know, that yes, this is the triple OG original motherfucking Jason Voorhees. and that Alice Cooper should have retired in the 70s
This is a joke right? Mom was the killer but it's been a long time since watching those movies. Don't remember why he wore a mask
Gav covered it, course when Jason saw his mom's head get cut off he went apeshit and started fucking up teens wanting to fuck on their summer vacation. why he was just chilling out in the water all that time up until that moment, i'm not sure of.

i just want Mad Max in the Max Max movie, he could be a cameo as long as he's in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
If they re-made mad maxine with an axe wound people would cry sacrilege. Telling a new story in the same universe is usually what people cry for when they do these pandering race/gender swaps.
Yea i say go ham making stories in the setting about other people doing other things. Star wars could have saved themselves a few billion dollars trying that

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It being a prequel kind of bothers me in that these movies are generally more like legends than biographical and all the Maxes might not even really be the same dude. It's just some shit that gets attributed to him. This is way more specific. That said I'm sure I'll watch it when I get a chance and I suspect it'll be good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
why he was just chilling out in the water all that time up until that moment, i'm not sure of.
Jason was nothing more than a gag afterthought ending until they decided to churn out more and make the movies about him. None of them have ever done very well financially but they've always had such small budgets that they couldn't be called bombs, though it's still kind of surprising that they kept making more of them despite how poorly received every single one was.

I basically got shanghaied into watching Freddy vs Jason and it was hysterical.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Jason was nothing more than a gag afterthought ending until they decided to churn out more and make the movies about him. None of them have ever done very well financially but they've always had such small budgets that they couldn't be called bombs, though it's still kind of surprising that they kept making more of them despite how poorly received every single one was.

Man the torpedoes!

I think I saw it in the theater with a buddy of mine. Same friend who we used to go and watch all the Dr.Uwe Boll movies when they were coming out at the time. That became a tradition after seeing House of the Dead, which at the time I got blamed for dragging everybody too, but it was always fun to go and see the other stupid video game movies he was putting out, once we knew what we were getting.

Freddy vs Jason was just fun schlock. Our expectations weren't high but it actually delivered a lot more than what we were hoping for.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Freddy Vs Jason was a classic. basically the ending scene is right out of Abbot & Costello Meets Frankenstein.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
A pale shadow of the first one. They REALLY fucked up the soundtrack, or should I say the lack of one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Man the torpedoes!

I think I saw it in the theater with a buddy of mine. Same friend who we used to go and watch all the Dr.Uwe Boll movies when they were coming out at the time. That became a tradition after seeing House of the Dead, which at the time I got blamed for dragging everybody too, but it was always fun to go and see the other stupid video game movies he was putting out, once we knew what we were getting.

Freddy vs Jason was just fun schlock. Our expectations weren't high but it actually delivered a lot more than what we were hoping for.

This post just unlocked a memory, what was that Diablo 2 ish/esque game that he made a movie of - I vaguely remember it had an actual mule to carry your stuff

Siliconemelons

This post just unlocked a memory, what was that Diablo 2 ish/esque game that he made a movie of - I vaguely remember it had an actual mule to carry your stuff
No idea what your referring but he random memory to me was the Dante’s inferno anime, it was good imo

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Wasn’t there a movie?

I have yet to acquire coffee so… sorry

Yes, there was a movie based on the game. That was his modus operandii.

I was asking what was the arpg he made a movie of. I played the game but never watched any of his movies

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still don't know how uwe boll got that cast for his shitty movies

Statham
Burt Reynolds
Ray liota
Claire forlani
Leelee sobieski
John Davies
Mathew Lillard and more lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Was he the one who basically got it all government funded so it mattered not how well things did- actors kinda knew it was a free check movie, just straight money one time no residual or anything to worry about etc just a quick cash

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was he the one who basically got it all government funded so it mattered not how well things did- actors kinda knew it was a free check movie, just straight money one time no residual or anything to worry about etc just a quick cash
There's a bunch of theories on how he kept getting money for literally all of his movies bombing but still popping them out. He had constant movies continuing like 30-60m and a lot of them grossed only a few hundred thousand

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Dungeon Siege, in the name of the king , with Jason Statham and Burt Reynolds was the king!

Fuck yeah, another classic.

Edit: Homsar Homsar had it covered, sorry was catching up.

• 2Like