Home Improvement

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Figured this is as good a place as any to ask: any recommendations for paint cleaner/remover? Husband just bukkaked our garage. Got most of the paint off the car, minus the tire, but not sure what to use on the rest of the victims. Was an exterior rated paint if that helps.

IMG_8046.jpegIMG_8049.jpeg

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Wow , please, what is the story behind that? The paint itself should have directions for removal of overspill. If it's latex based , straight water can remove it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Wow , please, what is the story behind that? The paint itself should have directions for removal of overspill. If it's latex based , straight water can remove it.
From the carcass of the can, looks like latex. I guess can we just use the power washer to blast off the concrete.
Sadly no funny story, he just ran over the paint can with his car and it exploded.

• 2Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
any recommendations for paint cleaner/remover?

I've had good luck with the CitriStrip paint remover you can get at any home center. Just make sure you ventilate your garage in the process. You can also try using a heat gun to warm up the paint and see if it will peel off.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Figured this is as good a place as any to ask: any recommendations for paint cleaner/remover? Husband just bukkaked our garage. Got most of the paint off the car, minus the tire, but not sure what to use on the rest of the victims. Was an exterior rated paint if that helps.

View attachment 528955View attachment 528956
That sucks lol. Better get out the old paint scraper.

Cabinetry is in.
Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 05.22.31 AM.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Dude, you would need like a Smart car or golf cart to fit in that "3 car garage." You could have maybe squeezed in a Honda civic. Even considering this a 3 car garage was a stretch. It's more like a 2 car garage with extension.

Dope for motorcycles though if I had one. I can't even fit my truck in the main part of the garage, and its not lifted or anything gay like that.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Dude, you would need like a Smart car or golf cart to fit in that "3 car garage." You could have maybe squeezed in a Honda civic. Even considering this a 3 car garage was a stretch. It's more like a 2 car garage with extension.

Dope for motorcycles though if I had one. I can't even fit my truck in the main part of the garage, and its not lifted or anything gay like that.

A full sized truck won't fit in my garage (the one attached to the house). F150s and such have gotten ridiculously big.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i see you made use of that half wall we was talkin about, i mean is it structural?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
jesus youre so defensive about this half wall, i'm askin cuz i was wondering if the cabs were using it for support or just screwed in the back
They're secured only to the back wall not the half-wall.

All done. Wife's car there is a hyundai elantra and there was zero chance this thing could fit in the "3-car garage." That's how small it was.

Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 16.22.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 16.22.52 PM.png

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Nice , I did the redneck version of that in my garage. It's open truss and I laid out plywood across the beams. I've seen garages like yours around golf courses and at the beaches a lot. The 2 car part is for cars, and the smaller area is for a golf cart or such. Cannot remember what they were marketed as.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can barely fit both our cars in our “2-car” garage. I do need to look for some wall racks or storage so we can start putting some of the tools up on the wall. I can shove my CRV in there, too, but it’s snug and has also led to the husband taking off the side frame of the garage and doing $1k in damage to his car because I “parked too close” despite clearly being in my half. Hrmph.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can barely fit both our cars in our “2-car” garage. I do need to look for some wall racks or storage so we can start putting some of the tools up on the wall. I can shove my CRV in there, too, but it’s snug and has also led to the husband taking off the side frame of the garage and doing $1k in damage to his car because I “parked too close” despite clearly being in my half. Hrmph.
i'd recommend either the lowes kobalt
b4b1c3857d70b9ccaf623c90d0e212e0.png

or home depot equivilent

i currently have a rubbermaid fasttrack that was in my old home and i was going to leave it for the next owner but my movers were overzealous and took everything even stuff bolted down, anyway how they "get you" is that each hook (for whatever purpose) is like crazy expensive

i also do have 2 tracks of kobalt as well, left by the previous owner and they work just as well as the rubbermaid. i mean the rubbermaid does look better and it's really easy to slide and lock a hook around(honestly how many times are you gonna be moving a hook around)

so maybe if you want to be all bougie get the rubbermaid then to look nice

me? when i move again, fuck it, i'm just gonna take the rubbermaid w/ me i invested too much in the different hooks, i'm also gonna be tearing down my pegboard too, it's metal!

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i'd recommend either the lowes kobalt
b4b1c3857d70b9ccaf623c90d0e212e0.png

or home depot equivilent

i currently have a rubbermaid fasttrack that was in my old home and i was going to leave it for the next owner but my movers were overzealous and took everything even stuff bolted down, anyway how they "get you" is that each hook (for whatever purpose) is like crazy expensive

i also do have 2 tracks of kobalt as well, left by the previous owner and they work just as well as the rubbermaid. i mean the rubbermaid does look better and it's really easy to slide and lock a hook around(honestly how many times are you gonna be moving a hook around)

so maybe if you want to be all bougie get the rubbermaid then to look nice

me? when i move again, fuck it, i'm just gonna take the rubbermaid w/ me i invested too much in the different hooks, i'm also gonna be tearing down my pegboard too, it's metal!
My parents have something similar. They're big crates that you just latch into and they'll slide all the way to the back. The ones they have are four crates deep across the back. Theyre really convenient and out of the way, until you need to get something from the one in the back of the stack. But its still rather accessible for how much storage they provide.

I dont like my garage - its too fucking tight with my vehicles, so the last thing I want to do is put difficulty modifiers into it. lul

• 1Like