Megalomaniac (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Megalomaniac (2023)

Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller

Director: Karim Ouelhaj

Cast: Eline Schumacher, Benjamin Ramon, Wim Willaert, Raphaëlle Lubansu, Pierre Nisse, Quentin Lasbazeilles, Olivier Picard, Catherine Jandrain, Hélène Moor, Julie Carroll

Release: 2023-09-08

Runtime: 100

Plot: Felix and Martha, the two offspring of legendary serial murderer The Skinner of Mons, grapple with the grotesque legacy bequeathed to them. While Martha works a menial janitorial job, Felix continues his father's reign of terror. But following a brutal attack at work, Martha quickly descends into madness, finding she must come to terms with the infamous blood that flows through her veins.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This is a remake if I'm not mistaken. I think the first film was French, too. I think maybe done in the very late 80s or early 90s. Or maybe I'm having a senior moment and thinking about a different movie. I tried to go look for a trailer of what I thought was the original and there's nothing there.

God what timeline am I in?!?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kroenen

Regimen Morum
This is a remake if I'm not mistaken. I think the first film was French, too. I think maybe done in the very late 80s or early 90s. Or maybe I'm having a senior moment and thinking about a different movie. I tried to go look for a trailer of what I thought was the original and there's nothing there.

God what timeline am I in?!?

No, to my recollection it's not a remake. However, it's losely based on the real life "Butcher of Mons" murders in Belgium during the the mid/late 90s. Shudder version is 17 min shorter than the international version, so you might have to sail the high seas for this one to get the original cut.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
No, to my recollection it's not a remake. However, it's losely based on the real life "Butcher of Mons" murders in Belgium during the the mid/late 90s. Shudder version is 17 min shorter than the international version, so you might have to sail the high seas for this one to get the original cut.
I think I saw a different cut and much older trailer for the film on Amazon, never watch the movie but it looked like it was old like outside of the 90s or whatever, but the one that you would posted was way different.

That's pretty messed up. I was taking around a little bit more and I believe you are probably right there's not another film that I was mistaken.

The other trailer I saw was even crazier. Do you know the two run times between the different versions?

• 1Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
I think I saw a different cut and much older trailer for the film on Amazon, never watch the movie but it looked like it was old like outside of the 90s or whatever, but the one that you would posted was way different.

That's pretty messed up. I was taking around a little bit more and I believe you are probably right there's not another film that I was mistaken.

The other trailer I saw was even crazier. Do you know the two run times between the different versions?
US version : 1h 40-41min , differs slightly between streaming services ( Shudder/Appletv+)
Int Version: 1h 58min

They removed almost all the brutal stuff, that's why review scores differ so much for this depending on the version seen by the reviewer.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It’s a special day haha.
Fuck yeah it is. My wife bought some THC gummies to help up my nerve pain, and I was having a glass of whiskey earlier and didn't realize it was the THC ones. I did not know she bought the THC ones though, and just grab the closest jar and have one. Thought I was s just taking one that was supposed sleep ones to help go to bed.

Instead I'm watching video after video of kmfdm and Lords of acid.

So at the end of the day it is very special...😉

Hatar

Trakanon Raider
Ugh….I feel older being reminded I saw KMFDM in Chicago in 1996….

• 1Solidarity
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database