Parks and Rec

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If you're going to skip to season 3, I strongly suggest finding a montage of everything with Ron Swnason in the first 2 seasons. I don't remember anything in particular he did, but he's been awesome from the get go.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit I loved this last episode, so weird watching Andy in movies like zero dark 30

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
frown.png

Rashida Jones, Rob Lowe Leaving 'Parks And Rec'

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've always watched this show on and off, whenever it was on TV, but I just started really watching this show in Netflix the last few weeks. I'm a few episodes into Season 3 and it's so good. Sad to see the news of Rashida and Rob leaving, but I'm impressed the show is on 6 seasons. Lots more to watch!

iannis

Musty Nester
Aww. Slutty Ann was litrahly my favorite character. I wonder if they're going to replace those two, or if they're winding the show down. It is season 6 after all, and 13 episodes in more than half the season.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Well, the show has struggled to find uses for both characters.

I liked the original idea of Chris, as a smiling incompetent Good Cop (whose actual work was done by Bad Cop Ben), but that was too mean-spirited for this show. Instead he just turned into this source of endless optimism... which is literally the most redundant character on television on the show with Leslie Knope.

Ann is just the straight man; that role has been taken over by Ben. An endless string of jobs designed to keep her around didn't disguise that she had no real function on the show.

If it was my personal pick, I'd rather they got rid of Tom, but that's because that brand of humor doesn't appeal to me; the character clearly has a purpose. Ann and Chris don't.

I doubt we see either character "replaced"; I imagine some of the money goes for more Xena appearances, and the rest is lost to the shrinking budget the show is probably getting. (Let's be clear here: only NBC's continued overall incompetence is keeping a show with those ratings on the air.)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know what the ratings are like for Parks and Rec but it's my favorite sitcom on TV. I love it. So I'm glad they haven't cancelled it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
liked the original idea of Chris, as a smiling incompetent Good Cop (whose actual work was done by Bad Cop Ben), but that was too mean-spirited for this show. Instead he just turned into this source of endless optimism... which isliterallythe most redundant character on television on the show with Leslie Knope.
I see what you did there.

spronk

FPS noob
I see any more P&R as just a nice bonus, last season was fantastic and I love all the characters on the show (even Gerry!!). This is really the only TV show I can think of where everyone is just a really nice person and tries to do the right thing, which is incredible in this day and age where we expect all TV personalities to be backstabbing, vicious, vacuous assholes.

also a few awesome guest stars this year will include Henry Winkler as Ron's dad and Veronica Mars as something

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it was my personal pick, I'd rather they got rid of Tom, but that's because that brand of humor doesn't appeal to me; the character clearly has a purpose. Ann and Chris don't.
They've done a good job making Tom more of a person over the last season and a half or so. With him pulling away from the horrible influence of Jean Ralphio to try and make his business work. He's still a ridiculous character, but slightly less of a caricature now. Still goofy enough they can have him do outlandish shit to be funny though.

zQKvD25.png

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They haven't known what to do with Ann since the first season. It initially made sense for her to be hanging out at the Parks Dept. since she was trying to get the pit next to her house turned into a park, but as that's become less of an arc in the show, they've just had to keep contriving reasons to keep her around. And most of that just revolved around which member of the government she was (or was not) having a fling with. This season, she mostly existed in the background until they threw her a bone with the pregnancy storyline, which I guess also gave Chris something to do other than sulking and being pathetic.

His character has sort of been the same way. He does well as a background character similar to someone like Creed or Meredith in The Office, but he's too one-note to be in the show that often, and he mostly got stuck with romantic storylines as well - Ann, then Gerry's daughter, then Shauna Malwae-Tweep, then Ann again... I'll miss his character more than Ann's, because he did have a lot of funny moments, but he's a joke that would've run thing eventually anyways - better for him to get out now than when everyone is tired of him. Ann, on the other hand, has felt expendable for some time. I'll miss Leslie's interactions with Ann more than I'll miss Ann herself, and I think a lot of Leslie's enthusiasm for Ann could easily be transferred to Ben and April (and already has in some cases).

Sobaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea they were barely able to come up with stuff for her to be a part of... Really felt random how she wanted to just get pregnant all of a sudden.

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
I love this shows lack of cynicism and innocent/fun loving sense of humor. Its so different from every other comedy show out there.