Pillows

Solariss

Golden Squire
So where the fuck can one find a pillow that doesn't suck? I've searched high and low including in-store and online purchases. I've sent back numerous pillows. I can not find anything I like anywhere. I know a pillow that I like exists because I've slept on one at my friend's house, but he doesn't know where he got it from or what it is. I'm looking for something that is extremely soft, so my head sinks in, but enough support so I feel like my head is actually on something. I purchased a soft one from Amazon and I couldn't even tell I was using a pillow. Then I got the firm one and it was way too hard... there was a medium density, but most people said it wasn't very much different from the soft, so I'm thinking that brand is out. It also said "White Down" pillow, and nothing indicating it was Goose or Duck down, so I'm assuming it was alternative, because it felt like a fiber inside of it.

I'm pretty sure I want a goose down pillow. I don't think the alternatives feel enough like them. I'd be willing to spend like 60-80$ for a Queen size pillow.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
If any of the stores around you carry Sunset Collection go try out their Talalay Latex pillow. Just be aware they have side/back/front sleeper pillows so try the right one for how you sleep.
Sunset-Collection-Talalay-Side.jpg

Rune_sl

shitlord
Reasonably excellent pillows (and far more importantly, sheets) can be bought at Marshalls, Tuesday Morning type of stores. They have easily a few dozen types that aren't ludicrously priced.

I wish I could help you more but what you're describing is precisely the type of pillow I loathe. I like the flat, fairly dense pillows.

Pro tip: Be sure to get a classy liner case that zips up beneath the actual pillow case so your drool and snot doesn't stain the actual pillow.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Well, I do like it more flat to be honest, but really soft. Maybe my description was a bit off because of the first pillow I tried, which was WAY too flat. I prefer flatter pillows, not the type that props your neck up so it's elevated to any degree. It's hard to describe I guess lol. I will check out some of those options next weekend

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I cant find a good pillow anymore either. Have been buying the crap at Target/Walmart for the past few years hoping i get lucky. No... I do know that i hate the memory foam pillows. I cant stand when a pillow gets hot.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cant find a good pillow anymore either. Have been buying the crap at Target/Walmart for the past few years hoping i get lucky. No... I do know that i hate the memory foam pillows. I cant stand when a pillow gets hot.
That's what the gel layer is for supposedly.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Grimm, I'm going to buy that pillow. If it sucks, I'll sell it to you half-off.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Wife and I got a new mattress about 2 years ago, and in the course of mattress shopping (where you really do need to just lay around on mattresses for extended periods of time), we ended up noticing that the pillows at one shop in particular were pretty incredible. They're the Talalay latex ones in the 2nd post, we've got Rejuvenite ones. They were fucking expensive, absolutely no lie about it, but they came with something like a 90 night guarantee, so why the fuck not, right?

My wife has a side sleeper one, I've got a stomach sleeper one, there's a pretty significant difference between the two of them, but 2 years later, they still look brand new, like no one has ever slept on them. I couldn't imagine using anything else anymore.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I think our pillows were like $100 each or something. So worth it. The pillows are awesome. I also found out that the Sunset Collection is apparently the Canadian name, so don't bother looking for that brand. I think Cutlery has the right one, especially if he spent a fortune on it :p

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Pro tip: Be sure to get a classy liner case that zips up beneath the actual pillow case so your drool and snot doesn't stain the actual pillow.
If the pillow is always covered remind me again why does this matter? You sound like a woman.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think our pillows were like $100 each or something. So worth it. The pillows are awesome. I also found out that the Sunset Collection is apparently the Canadian name, so don't bother looking for that brand. I think Cutlery has the right one, especially if he spent a fortune on it :p
I spent more than I wanted to, that's for fucking sure. They were definitely in that price range, but honestly, the only time I've ever thought about the price since I pulled out the wallet was when I replied to the thread. They're absolutely worth their price tag. They fit all the criteria in the OP - you sink in pretty good to these (obviously moreso on the back/side models than the stomach), but there is still significant mass left over after that to tell you're sleeping on something.

Don't even fucking bother with the shit pillows at Target or something like that. The quality difference is night and day.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's the same argument about spending more than you expect on a mattress. You are going to spend 1/3rd of your life using these things. It really should be something you consider seriously and spend for quality on.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Found a local store that has the Talalay latex pillows. Gonna scope them out this weekend. This store specializes in mattresses and pillows, so if I don't like those or they are way too expensive then I'm sure I can find something I like. Anyways, I'd probably drop a hundred on the Rejuvinite pillow if I like it enough.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Found a local store that has the Talalay latex pillows. Gonna scope them out this weekend. This store specializes in mattresses and pillows, so if I don't like those or they are way too expensive then I'm sure I can find something I like. Anyways, I'd probably drop a hundred on the Rejuvinite pillow if I like it enough.
Is it Original Mattress Factory? That's where I got mine, and I like that place quite a bit. Half the price of bullshit like Slumberland, and better build quality. Obviously not on pillows, but the point remains.

I suggest you focus on your pillow case for a comfortable night sleep.

Look for Satin, they stay cool and really are worth the $. Have been using one since christmas and I barely sweat anymore.