Revisiting classics

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
If theres a thread similar to this one already ill delete.

Ended up watching Das Boot last night. Holy fuck. I was born 4 years after its release, yet it still feels visceral.

That diving scene gave me chills. Watched the movie with subtitles in english yet, you dont need any for this scene to know shit hits the fan.

edit : their leveling system fucks up and they end up in a free fall.

Next up on the list, Amadeus.

Watched any classics recently?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I watched:Die Nibelungen: Siegfried,Die Nibelungen: Krimhilde's Rache, andThe Birth of a Nation.

Still haveDoktor Mabuse Der Spieler,Woman in the MoonandThe Cabnet of Dr Caligarito watch.

I'm not sure those are the types of movies you're talking about though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw Excalibur again a few weeks ago. i watch it every time it plays on cable. the movie is all kinds of awesome and has some interesting roles for stars earlier in their careers. like. Liam Neeson, Helen Mirren and Patrick Stewart to name a few.

Szlia

Lang suks. Murnau iz da shiznitz!!1!

Joke put aside I see a number of classics, but not much lately...

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Lang suks. Murnau iz da shiznitz!!1!

Joke put aside I see a number of classics, but not much lately...
What?! Thems are fightan words son!

Actually,NosferatuI remember watching when I was still in my teens (and several times since then) and has always been a favorite. Only in the past few years have I begun to really "re-appreciate" (?) silent movies, mostly with seeing an extended, reconstructedMetropolisthat only was released in 2010 I believe. Which of course is an amazing film on many levels.

I'm a bit of a weird person I guess. I watch a movie today and there are special effects, I say "meh, computers, whatever." when I watch something from the '20's though, I think "Good God man! How did they manage that!"

Anyways, back to Murnau, I should watch some more, though I do have a bias towards Lang. However,Faustis on my list to watch.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure this thread is about what you think it's about... but yes, that's an awesome movie.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_38355.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I can take movies that are from like the 80's maybe even some of the 70's stuff. But anything before this I just cannot handle.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Amadeus is in my all time favorites list.

I recently watched Apocalypse Now for the first time ever. Shame on me. Makes me want to read heart of darkness.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
i watch the man with no name trilogy religiously at least once a year...To me, the lack of dialogue made the movies really strong, it kept Clint Eastwood's character mysterious...and it showed what a fantastic actor he was and still is.