Roguelite Enemy Hell/Bullet Heaven/Survivor catch-all

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What Guy is best to learn how to beat the Spire? Been using the first one mainly and tried the dagger guy a little bit. Still getting owned so bad I need to lie down after a while.
Warrior guys probably simplest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ironclad is easy if you can get a seed with good block cards and early barricade, otherwise I'd say shadow is easier with better block and deck control mechanics

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I had to guess you're A) adding too many cards to your deck B) not prioritizing the removal of your inferior starter cards when possible, and C) playing too defensively. Defense focused builds need a lot of luck to work and are rarely worth the trouble, especially on base difficulty where you heal to full after each floor. Think of your health as a resource rather than something you need to protect at all costs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well fuck, it finally happened! Beat it with Ironclad.

The Demon card that buff STR really helped and got lots of artifacts.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now beat it with all 3 so you can fight the real final boss...

• 1Mother of God

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This discussion is not about Survivors style game and is not sanctioned. Please disperse.

Caliane

haha. slay the spire has its own thread! and the indie game thread.

also funny we are just repeated the same conversation from last oct, in this thread.
I was about to post this almost word for word, before I looked back and saw already said this..

yeah, slay the spire has ups and downs in difficulty. I'm not 100% certain its current balance.

but, last I played. it was beatable at first. However, actually got harder with your first few unlocks. as RNG goes up, and its harder to make a coherent build. new items, but not new builds.
as you keep going though, the RNG get bigger... but, you also then get more good then bad cards/relics. and can pick and choose. and those new cards/relics are actually forming new builds, for more options.

much of it is player skill then too. the rng goes up, but you know what to look for and how to pick good cards, and not take too many, etc.
ironclad is probably the easiest to win with at the very start. takes the least game knowledge.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Went and bought one of those bundle things with Brotato and Death Must Die. My first impressions were that Brotato is way more fun, but I keep coming back to Death Must Die. It seems to have much better replayability with the talents and Diablo-esque gearing.

About 8 hours in and I just beat Act 2, and I've done Act 1 up to 10 difficulty.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users