The Documentary Thread

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I completely forgot about this game until recently. Never knew it went under. Pretty interesting to learn all the behind the scenes drama.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hrmmm. That seems like one of those Documentaries that just serves to annoy me. You know... the ones where the victims are incredibly greedy and brutally stupid and you can't empathize with them at all.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There have been so many Blue Angels documentaries over the years, but this one was incredibly well done. Most likely just because technology is improving so you get better shots. There was a one week showing in IMAX in Pensacola but we weren't able to make it, which after watching, is a little disappointing because that would've been pretty fun.

I'm kind of biased with them though, as we literally get a Blue Angels flyover from our house every Sunday during show season. Seen them quite a few times, obviously. Was part of the team that helped get them into Super's as well as develop the software set they're using. Shit, I even called my wife to tell her I was dropping out of Naval Aviation while she was sitting in the ready room in Pensacola during the 100th anniversary of Naval Aviation airshow.

I think people who have never seen the Blue Angels would actually enjoy this even more though, because it's just mind blowing what they do. Really makes me want to brave the traffic in July to go to the Red, White, and Blues airshow. Flying over Pensacola Beach is a lot different than the regular shows. Which, luckily, the documentary really shows a lot of. But man, the fucking traffic is horrendous.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There have been so many Blue Angels documentaries over the years, but this one was incredibly well done. Most likely just because technology is improving so you get better shots. There was a one week showing in IMAX in Pensacola but we weren't able to make it, which after watching, is a little disappointing because that would've been pretty fun.

I'm kind of biased with them though, as we literally get a Blue Angels flyover from our house every Sunday during show season. Seen them quite a few times, obviously. Was part of the team that helped get them into Super's as well as develop the software set they're using. Shit, I even called my wife to tell her I was dropping out of Naval Aviation while she was sitting in the ready room in Pensacola during the 100th anniversary of Naval Aviation airshow.

I think people who have never seen the Blue Angels would actually enjoy this even more though, because it's just mind blowing what they do. Really makes me want to brave the traffic in July to go to the Red, White, and Blues airshow. Flying over Pensacola Beach is a lot different than the regular shows. Which, luckily, the documentary really shows a lot of. But man, the fucking traffic is horrendous.

Dad use to take us to the Ellington Air Force base air show every year when I was a kid. The Blue Angels were there I believe most of the time. When you're a kid, it's hard to beat.

And the last time I saw them was in Charleston right there on the bay with a buddy of mine, and they were flying all around the Cooper River bridge between downtown and Mount pleasant. It was pretty awesome. Had my DSLR out and managed to get some decent photos. They're on a hard drive somewhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

We just watched this and it was excellent. I 'found' it and again FUCK YOU AND YOUR ADS AMAZON. I learned something I had no idea about
I had no idea they do not fly with g-suits on

Burns

We just watched this and it was excellent. I 'found' it and again FUCK YOU AND YOUR ADS AMAZON. I learned something I had no idea about
I had no idea they do not fly with g-suits on
Never really thought about it, but would have assumed a g-suit was part of the uniform for all fights. Although thinking about it now, I vaguely recall seeing them walking off the tarmac in their standard blue uniform, directly to the meet and greet tent.

As an aside, while the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are great and put on an awesome show, the best performance I remember was from the Canuck Snowbirds. They have 11 planes in the air and it's just nuts. While they are still a jet team, I think their planes allow them to fly a bit slower, which is better for a ground spectator.

Last edited:

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Never really thought about it, but would have assumed a g-suit was part of the uniform for all fights. Although thinking about it now, I vaguely recall seeing them walking off the tarmac in their standard blue uniform, directly to the meet and greet tent.

As an aside, while the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are great and put on an awesome show, the best performance I remember was from the Canuck Snowbirds. They have 11 planes in the air and it's just nuts. While they are still a jet team, I think their planes allow them to fly a bit slower, which is better for a ground spectator.
I 100% assumed the exact thing. My wife didn't understand why I started going 'holy shit' until I explained it to her and then one of the newbies g-locked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which is even crazier when you consider they're not doing initial flight training. Like the new boss likely had a good 12-15 years of flying F/A-18's already before that. I mean, he's probably not pulling ridiculous G's, but he's also no stranger to it.