Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (CRPG)

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Is it worth picking up right now, or wait for some patches and a sale? I had planned on getting it during Christmas because I figured at least they'd knock off 5 or 10 bucks during the steam sale but that didn't happen.
definitely wait

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it worth picking up right now, or wait for some patches and a sale? I had planned on getting it during Christmas because I figured at least they'd knock off 5 or 10 bucks during the steam sale but that didn't happen.
At least you had a tiny bit of discipline, but do you really need to ask if its better to wait on an Owlcat title?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For me its more of a support and thumbs up to them for making these types of CRPG still with an early purchase so they keep making them. I know im only one dude and it prob does not make any difference whatsoever, but still its the way I feel. I know eventually they will patch it and I will play it 100% as I do most of these CRPG/TRPG games..

I hope with BG3 success more games of this nature start making their way to us. Which im sure they will.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raptor123

Trakanon Raider
Just finished game and really loved it. Felt like i got to see the 40k universe not just bang bang xenos dead. NOT that there is anything wrong with that. And Argenta is a BEAST man I just loved clearing rooms with her.

BUT

I dont think even with a shard and the necros sapping its power does a group of humans/xenos/etc take out a C'tan. So was little dissappointed in that being the final boss. I had harder time with the fricking octopus chaos artillery machine then the fricking C'tan

And I LOVED LOVED LOVED the administratum quest where you have to get in line to get the seals certified. THAT was 40k!! LOL

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just finished game and really loved it. Felt like i got to see the 40k universe not just bang bang xenos dead. NOT that there is anything wrong with that. And Argenta is a BEAST man I just loved clearing rooms with her.

BUT

I dont think even with a shard and the necros sapping its power does a group of humans/xenos/etc take out a C'tan. So was little dissappointed in that being the final boss. I had harder time with the fricking octopus chaos artillery machine then the fricking C'tan

And I LOVED LOVED LOVED the administratum quest where you have to get in line to get the seals certified. THAT was 40k!! LOL
Seal quest:

At first I patiently waited at every opportunity in an attempt to drive Jae insane because she annoys me. This was the first quest I encountered that was a little buggy though and the quest log said I still needed the seal after acquiring it (I could even talk to Jae and the quest would complete with a failed marker for acquiring the seal), so I returned to Dargonus. The scene started up again - this time I just opened fire on the crowd and the quest resolved. I figure that made more sense as a Commissar anyway.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished on Normal in about ~80 hours. Mostly used a 4 officer, 2 Sniper, 100% cheese party. Definitely recommend. :emoji_thumbsup:

They nerfed Officer stacking in the last patch but will probably revisit this game on a higher difficulty after an expansion or two.

Caliane

I'm waiting for a bigger sale. at least 50%. Also, might be worth to just wait for s1 dlcs as well. depending on how many replays you want to consider.

since no one posted it... Aug 8 for dlc 1.

Death cult assassin companion.
2 new archetypes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm waiting for a bigger sale. at least 50%. Also, might be worth to just wait for s1 dlcs as well. depending on how many replays you want to consider.

2 new archetypes.

When I saw that the death cult assassin would be romanceable it immediately made me think someone was a fan of the aborted Dark Heresy novels lol

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor

2 new archetypes.

Shit, wonder if I have dlc included because I was dumb and kickstartered. So waiting for them to fix it to play because i was less than impressed at the pre release demo etc

Caliane

The fixing thing, also dunno. I mean.. they are still patching wrath of the righteous to this day as well.
even adding base content.. they are adding the cut devil content back into the base game apparently with the last DLC. the devil and the temptation of Galfrey.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fixing thing, also dunno. I mean.. they are still patching wrath of the righteous to this day as well.
even adding base content.. they are adding the cut devil content back into the base game apparently with the last DLC. the devil and the temptation of Galfrey.
Are they gonna tempt her into finally having a worthwhile build? She's mediocre as a paladin and even worse as a 'banshee'