World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sterling

El Presidente
Pretty sure Kreugen was meant 540 not 440. But yeah with the nerf you really need some gear to be arcane.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No, he just meant whatever kind of level 90 Mage you are, you should probably be a Warlock instead.

And for MoP, he's pretty much right.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Eh, I enjoy my destro lock as much as the next guy, but I feel way more in control of the battlefield on my frost Mage. Mages have definitely gotten messed with a lot this expac, so I can understand how someone could be a little salty about playing them.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I was going to get a free Hunter for the expansion but was thinking mage or rogue would be better because leveling one of them stinks. I really want to do orc Hunter though because of the role play aspect. However I already have a warlock druid and shaman so I have plenty of range deeps. But I only have a dk and warrior for melee deeps. Opinions?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Best lock levelling spec these days? Although im sure they are all pretty rapey.
I think they all work and although I play destro at max, I leveled Affliction. It only works efficiently if you pick up the healing talents/glyphs and pull 3-4 mobs at once.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I went Destro, with heirlooms its hilariously easy to level. Also like not relying on DoTs, which is what i always hated about SPriest.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Best lock levelling spec these days? Although im sure they are all pretty rapey.
Levelling 1-70 you hardly need a spec at all, you're forced to, so pick demonology and cast 1 spell per mob while your pet kills everything. Later on you may need a 2nd spell (HoGul'dan), with a shadowbolt tossed in for fun or to speed up slightly the kills.
Lock and hunter have always been the most beatiful classes to play: minor effort, high speed, you can loot while your pet pulls, etc.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wal-Mart and Gamestop will have Mists on sale for 10 bucks for anyone like me who still needs it. Gamestop also offering something as a bonus with each copy of MoP and Starcraft that are sold but I don't know what it is because the ad scan isn't clear.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wal-Mart and Gamestop will have Mists on sale for 10 bucks for anyone like me who still needs it. Gamestop also offering something as a bonus with each copy of MoP and Starcraft that are sold but I don't know what it is because the ad scan isn't clear.
Probably going to pick mop up, would like to score some time cards but I highly doubt any will be there.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I originally thought the bonus at Gamestop was a time card since it was suggested earlier in this thread, but now I wonder why they would give a timecard for WoW with a purchase of Heart of the Swarm... makes no sense.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yeah I originally thought the bonus at Gamestop was a time card since it was suggested earlier in this thread, but now I wonder why they would give a timecard for WoW with a purchase of Heart of the Swarm... makes no sense.
From Blizzard's perspective it does make sense. Some people buying HotS will try or retry WoW for a month and possibly get hooked, they need subs for the quarterly report.

Bruman

Golden Squire
$10 for MOP? I'll probably have some dead time in MMO lifespan in the next six months. Probably worth it, even if I only do the solo stuff.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
It makes sense to me. Starcraft isn't sub based so they don't really make any money outside of the box fees (and maybe micro-transactions?). So if you buy Starcraft, cash in your free WoW time and end up resubscribing that's money in their pocket. If you don't then it's no loss.