World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think I stopped getting exp drops on my first char once I hit 70? Not sure, but they seem pointless after. They should make it so you get bonus bronze off it after cap or something.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I saw some Asmond video where some American Inventors the exploited Pandaland remix gayness and got Turbo mega cloaks and were somehow able to shadow priest the nuts off the content doing DPS at about 30x the rest of the raid members, who’s also healing himself because Shadow priest. Looked fun as shit until Bliz bans it.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I saw some Asmond video where some American Inventors the exploited Pandaland remix gayness and got Turbo mega cloaks and were somehow able to shadow priest the nuts off the content doing DPS at about 30x the rest of the raid members, who’s also healing himself because Shadow priest. Looked fun as shit until Bliz bans it.
This frog killing thing?

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The problem right now is bronze income is not anywhere near high enough given the cost of upgrading your gear. I realize the mythic raid drops like 30k... But the first tier of blue upgrades is about that much. So what's the point?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
My blizzard launcher doesn't mention Remix whatsoever, so I'm thinking popular opinion has soured shockingly quickly.

And to be clear, there's two separate issues:
1) Scaling in instanced content is detrimental starting in the 60s, bordering on unplayable at 70.
2) There's no clear progression path at 70 - do weeks worth of dailies and/or decade old raids to earn the Bronze to upgrade your gear... so you can redo those same decade old raids so you can earn Bronze to buy recolors of decade old gear.

I'm this close to just levelling one or two more characters to 70 for the Bronze I need to buy a couple color reskins I still want, and never looking back at this mode.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I’m not sure why they are gating the fake gear so hard. Fast leveling with aids gear progression, why exactly?

They should just keep giving regular gear upgrades all the way up to the live soft cap, then do the silly bronze system thing for those that are into that shit. Also, you apparently have to do all the jewelry achievements again on alts. Dumb.

Burns

I will give them credit for a creative way to institute a catch-up mechanic and alt leveling incentives, but I don't know why people would keep playing in MoP after that. If you want the experience of being OP in the raids, just log into a regular character and go solo it?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I thought it would be funny to have all the stats and there's some interesting cosmetics available, especially Tusks. But once you reach a certain point you have to commit to forking over obscene amount of the currency you want to collect to get shitty upgrades.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wow blizz actually fixed the thread thing adding tons to other content now.

Wonder if they'll need upgrade cost at some point.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I will give them credit for a creative way to institute a catch-up mechanic and alt leveling incentives, but I don't know why people would keep playing in MoP after that. If you want the experience of being OP in the raids, just log into a regular character and go solo it?

I miss actual retail tanks during early MoP. I forgot the name of that mechanic, but basically the more damage you had taken over the course of the fight, the stronger your attacks and healing got. So my brewmaster could literally self-sustain vs a raidboss doing millions of damage while the rest of the raid was dead and spammed chat with "WTF is this overpowered shit???"

That was the last time I ever had fun in WoW lol

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I really enjoyed MoP. At least raiding. Heroic SoO before the Mythic patch was my favorite raiding in an MMO since hardmode Ulduar, although I didn't play much during Cata.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I actually read a reply somewhere suggesting at lvl 70 (in Remix) to apply the exp bonus on the cloak to bronze. I thought it was a great idea now that frogs are dead.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I know it was broken from the frogs, but I actually like MoP Remix as a sort of end game. You can chill, do quests/dungeons/raids and get small yet permanent stat bonuses.

Though the cloak stats are almost meaningless when you see how much the stats go up on fully upgraded items :p

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I miss actual retail tanks during early MoP. I forgot the name of that mechanic, but basically the more damage you had taken over the course of the fight, the stronger your attacks and healing got. So my brewmaster could literally self-sustain vs a raidboss doing millions of damage while the rest of the raid was dead and spammed chat with "WTF is this overpowered shit???"

That was the last time I ever had fun in WoW lol
I wouldnt say it was my favorite memory of WoW, but it was definitely up there. Tanking Garrosh, throwing barrels clear across the room to get adds, having everything pile on me, looking at the DPS meter and Im literally 3, 4, times more DPS than anyone else in the guild. So over the top stupid, but so fun.

• 2Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Turns out the cloak buffs are a bit of a red herring anyway and the stat benefit from upgrading gear is much much higher.

However I'm not sure it's worth the risk at this point to dump currency into upgrading. The only thing I would do is heroic soo for quicker Tusks, but the chances random pugs are going to succeed at heroic are kinda a lot lower right now it seems.

I have to imagine they'll change something or make a bonus event later on though.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ok, Panda remix is obscene. My 1 week old hunter has outpaced my actual hunter in every capacity. Going to start in on warlock tonight. Then druid. The gear comes at you extremely fast and furious.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I made a monk yesterday and hit level cap same day. They added a few things during the leveling process to help you not feel too weak as a fresh 70.

Don't be afraid to LFR / LFG while you level, 100% of the time I was in one, there was some level 10 in there doing 80% of the work because scaling. So it was easy bronze / threads.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, my hunter is at the point where all that's left is trying to get into N raids and farming bronze. So I started my warlock up. Have been ignoring quests for now and just focusing on dailies. LFR opens up at 25, so there is that now too.

Hunter has weapon/chest/legs at 416 now. Chest and legs both have a full set of crit/haste/mastery lego gems in them. I finished the first set of vers/speed/leech into one of my tokens. Hunter is sitting at 1.345m hps right now. 47% crit, 47% haste, 83% mastery. Nothing so much as tickles me anymore.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
(general gripe)

I'm pretty sure scaling in general is the worst mechanic to come to RPG's. It completely removes the veil, its all bullshit, go run on a treadmill you fucking nerd.

ESO was one of the first MMO's to fully embrace this garbage and devs haven't looked back.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users