World of Warcraft: Current Year

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm trying to remember the last time it was this bad because I don't believe it was MoP or Cataclysm, certainly not to where every single server, even very low pop servers are running queues. I'm guessing they've either lowered the caps again or they never raised them. The character not found issue is killing them on top of everything else.
I wasn't around for MOP, but neither Cata or WotLK were this bad, but it's been a long time.

Simas_sl

shitlord
It's really bad. Launch and TBC were a long time ago so maybe I'm not remembering how bad they were. Queues, laggy play, loot lag, a missing character, my server being down, dungeons being down - all that I recall. However, I don't remember not being able to play at all, on any server, for a full day.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WotLK was partly mitigated by the fact that they introduced TWO starting areas to help disperse the load. I remember them specifically referencing how bad BC was because of so many characters populating one zone and they wanted to avoid that. I think each 'server' actually consisted of more cards, too. After all, WoW was in its prime back then. I think the reception for WoD was much larger than they expected, so, why go back to two starting areas, especially if it conflicts with their new lore? My, has it bitten them in the ass though. We'll all forget by next month when raiding is possible.

Silence_sl

shitlord
A staggered release would have mitigated this a bit. CE pre-order 7 day early access. Regular pre-order, 5 days early access. Regular access on a Monday, not two days before the frikken weekend. M/W/M release schedule would work out pretty well, I think.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also this is the first expansion that they didn't release a new race / class. So you had lots of people re rolling or just trying the expansion out spreading that load around.

I have liked the garrison stuff. But damn if only being able to really play the game in a fun state for 1 or 2 two hours TOPS over 2 days isn't fun.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
rrr_img_82301.jpg

So I should be online around the time servers go down for maint?

This is pretty ass at this point, still have not seen character select on Stormrage and Hyjal. Have to say it should have been a weekend launch. I'm sure they're getting crushed in the afternoon in each time zone when most people are getting out of work, school, etc. Weekend could have spread people out a lot more.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's really bad. Launch and TBC were a long time ago so maybe I'm not remembering how bad they were. Queues, laggy play, loot lag, a missing character, my server being down, dungeons being down - all that I recall. However, I don't remember not being able to play at all, on any server, for a full day.
Launch was horrible, too. Long queues, incredible lag, and constant maintenance. Servers that were in the red (Full) were even worse -- Kil'Jaeden being a horrible server due to the population size.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Ive been part of every WoW launch from vanilla, and this is BY FAR the worst I have ever seen queues. Not sure why its this bad, but it is.