X-Men '97

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems I might be right about Sinister bringing overpowered gambit back? Cable resetting stuff would have been bad.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Seems I might be right about Sinister bringing overpowered gambit back? Cable resetting stuff would have been bad.
Apocalypse not Sinister. He'll come back as Death of his Four Horsemen most likely.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I’m assuming this was the season finale. Did a decent job leaving me wanting more.

Little disappointed in the lack of resolution with the existing storyline but hey ho.
It was the finale. The show has already been renewed til season 4. So lots more to come.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Doesn't sinister do all the dirty work. I completely forgot about Death
Apocalypse has Celestial technology he uses to make the Horseman. Apocalypse used that tech as well to transform Nathaniel Essex into Sinister.

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So does sinister still create the horseman? The Show was much better than expected

Where is En Sabah Turd too clarify

Last edited:

En Sabah Nur

Potato del Grande
How many of you stood up and cheered when the Wakandan American Inventor King gave a speech about how Americans should be reading textbooks and not bibles?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_2377.jpeg

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Finished this. Seemed fine. Almost seemed like it teetered on being a literal sequel to the kids show and an adult version. I'd say it was more a teen version of the show really, which is weird because their audience is now in their 30's and 40's.

Dialogue was kind of shit for a lot of the poignant stuff. Even Magneto, who generally spoke very well, used trite shit like "pig stye" and other weird out of place words in his speeches. Everytime Xavier spoke I thought he was the biggest idiot. I don't remember that from the original, but maybe it was there too. Cyclops definitely was better even though he's being moody 70% of the time. Wolverine had about 15 lines and 10 of them were about killing people. That was appropriate. Nice to see Jean Grey and Storm actually doing stuff rather than getting hit with a brick/debris/random blast and knocking them out during any big fight.

Biggest gripe I have is everyone saying "Look what Magneto did to Xavier's School!" What? WHAT did he do? He saved a bunch of people and was doing a fucking bang up job and then was ELECTED KING OF A COUNTRY HE GOT INTO THE UN when it was attacked by some human mega terrorist who killed him (or so they thought). At what part was him running the school a bad job? I don't get it. Seems like they got lazy with the dialogue and didn't really flush out a good reason for "Magneto Bad". If the X-Men had botched a bunch of missions or killed a bunch of people it might be a good excuse, but it was just like there were 2 or 3 episodes cut where he ACTUALLY poorly managed the X-Men. Most of the bad shit happened while he was literally in handcuffs.

Overall definitely good follow up to the original series. A lot of more boring characters like Cyclops and Jubilee were less spacefillers and more actual characters. I laughed when they gave Cable the new X men uniform because it really did point out how fucking awful the OG Cable outfit was.

• 1Like