Borderlands

Xevy

Log Wizard
Three months is the high end of average for a movie. And 70% of this is green screen CGI shit so it's they're not doing on-site shooting at a bunch of extraneous locations.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Three months is the high end of average for a movie. And 70% of this is green screen CGI shit so it's they're not doing on-site shooting at a bunch of extraneous locations.
I can't remember what thread it was recently but the director was explaining why it's so much cheaper to not do green screen and fly to all the different locations

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If the rumors are true. People have already walked out of this film and it's not even released yet.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tsar Bomba

Trakanon Raider
I can't remember what thread it was recently but the director was explaining why it's so much cheaper to not do green screen and fly to all the different locations

Computer time...

When they did "Moon" with Sam Rockwell the director got quotes for effects done in CGI and quotes done with actual models. It was unbelievably cheaper to do practical than CGI. Got a guy who worked on Alien as well as Outland.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

111.jpg
f5fRXFK.jpeg

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The casting is so bad, I love Blanchet but none of them fit the roles. I actually don't mind Jack black voicing clap. Edgar Ramirez can be good sometimes but he always takes shitty remakes/movies *Clash of the Titans/Point Break*

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The casting is so bad, I love Blanchet but none of them fit the roles. I actually don't mind Jack black voicing clap. Edgar Ramirez can be good sometimes but he always takes shitty remakes/movies *Clash of the Titans/Point Break*
Almost as if a bunch of people that never played or know anything about the game are making a movie about it. Par for the course nowadays in Hollywood.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
...why did they gender swap Knoxx?

Actually, nevermind, I don't care. not watching this fucking trash.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looking at the posters and I just have to laugh at Kevin Hart as Roland. Isn't he like 5'4" or something? Holy shit, he's 5'2" in fact.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Looking at the posters and I just have to laugh at Kevin Hart as Roland. Isn't he like 5'4" or something? Holy shit, he's 5'2" in fact.

Shoulda been claptrap, some slight voice modulation and an e-unicycle and the resemblance would be uncanny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hopefully it’s so bad it’s good, and not so bad it’s bad. Kind of like Rebel Moon that shit was one of the worst movies to ever be filmed, I wonder if this could top it.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

I'm on my phone, how bad is that getting ratioed?

Jesus though that looks horrible, not a big surprise, but it's a surprise that it's even worse than what I thought it might end up being. So if there's a benchmark I'm trying to make a good movie, it somehow managed to Deep dive into the worst depths of crappy movies that I may have seen within a few years.

I'll be curious whether or not the red letter media guys cover this one, and whether they bring Jack on board because I think he and Rich use to talk about video games.

I guess the most interesting thing will be to see just how bad this whole thing craters, and obviously not the content of the film.