Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Shit, lemme go open a Robinhood account. What could go wrong?!

its over already

1715609741780.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL is a tale of two troughs. About 9 months ago AAPL sat in this same trough for just about 3 weeks before breaking out to the upside. It has been in the current trough for about 3 weeks so far. The single biggest difference is in the first trough, all its moving averages were on an upward trajectory. This time all its averages are in a downward trajectory with the 20 DMA flattening due to its length of time in the trough. The stock has had a fair amount of bad news lately but I think its going to break out of this current trough soon. I am not 100% sold this breakout will be to the upside. Those averages aren't a positive indicator, but I am buying whenever it swings to the low end of this trough. I think the market as a whole is overbought, but I do see some names that are appealing at their current prices for a very long term time horizon.. AAPL is one of them. The key is long term. In the short term, I can also see it break out to the downside and test 160 or even 150 on a broader market pullback. I will add there as well.

View attachment 522882

This trough becomes more evident on the 2-year chart (the blue and green lines of long term support and resistance).

View attachment 522884
Posted about this on Apr 4. Past performance doesn't guarantee future returns yada yada, but it does provide us lots of data to analyze. AAPL broke out to the upside out of the trough I pointed out and has now broken through overhead resistance of both the 100 and 200 DMAs. Anyone who was buying in those dips to the low end of the trough have made 10% - 12% on the breakout for 4-5 weeks. The only thing between the stock and clear blue skies above is the long term overhead resistance at about $190.

Blazin Blazin talks sentiment alot and I am onboard with it. As the market's flagship (and usually the largest) company, this breakout (if sustained) has lots of potential given AAPL's ability to carry the market on its back. This isn't the move bears want to see.

1715617644273.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s been halted for bit, the money makers are trying to figure out how to fuck people, literally started moving again after I posted.
You are aware of what volatility halts are, right? No one is fucking anyone. It's built into the market for every ticker.

Circuit Breaker Trading Halts​

U.S. securities exchanges have standing rules for market-wide trading halts in instances were dramatic price declines threaten market liquidity. Cumulative declines of 7% and 13% from the prior's day closing level in the &P 500 index trigger a 15 minute market-wide trading halt if they occur before 3:25 p.m. ET. A 20% decline in the S&P 500 from the prior's day close halts the stock market for the remainder of the trading day no matter when it happens.

Circuit breakers can also apply to trading in any stock under U.S. trading rules. For stocks priced above $3 and included in the S&P 500 or the Russell 1000 indices, as well as certain exchange-traded products like ETFs, trading is halted for five minutes after sudden moves of more than 5% and lasting more than 15 seconds—up or down—from the average price over the prior 5 minutes. For other stocks priced above $3 the sudden price move required for a trading halt is 10%, while those priced between $0.75 and $3 are halted after a sudden gain or loss of 20% or more.

• 2Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
You gonna go for another truck bro?
No I didn’t get in low enough I don’t think it’s going higher, last time I expected it to skyrocket once stimulus checks hit and I was right, this time I know nothing I’m just a moron.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You are aware of what volatility halts are, right? No one is fucking anyone. It's built into the market for every ticker.

Circuit Breaker Trading Halts​

U.S. securities exchanges have standing rules for market-wide trading halts in instances were dramatic price declines threaten market liquidity. Cumulative declines of 7% and 13% from the prior's day closing level in the &P 500 index trigger a 15 minute market-wide trading halt if they occur before 3:25 p.m. ET. A 20% decline in the S&P 500 from the prior's day close halts the stock market for the remainder of the trading day no matter when it happens.

Circuit breakers can also apply to trading in any stock under U.S. trading rules. For stocks priced above $3 and included in the S&P 500 or the Russell 1000 indices, as well as certain exchange-traded products like ETFs, trading is halted for five minutes after sudden moves of more than 5% and lasting more than 15 seconds—up or down—from the average price over the prior 5 minutes. For other stocks priced above $3 the sudden price move required for a trading halt is 10%, while those priced between $0.75 and $3 are halted after a sudden gain or loss of 20% or more.
Bruce Campbell Hello GIF

• 2Worf