Windows 10

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
... we'll see how long it survives.
The answer was about 1 year :emoji_laughing:

This morning it went into a half hour update loop with me boiling with rage after the 3rd reboot or so. I nuked the partition and redid everything. Hopefully it lasts about another year, unless it was something I did.

I think I recently updated visual studio through the visual studio setup program, which is a huge beastly thing. That might have switched stuff on without my knowledge.

Now to fix grub so I can get back into linux :D

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I despise this little 50 meg partition windows keeps making. I wouldn't mind it so much if it wouldn't stick it between my 2 useful partitions. Makes it difficult / impossible to resize if need more space with one or the other.
Screenshot_20231106_093832.png

I tried moving it but it went very haywire and I ended up needing to blast all the partitions but sda1. It's some efi garbage. Never saw the need for any of that crap.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think this is a great idea. Whoever gets to look at what my screen shows me is definitely going to regret it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jovec

?
Someone make a good Linux distro for games, for fuck's sake.

Nobara is one, Garuda is another. There is also SteamOS, but currently IIRC the community packages SteamOS for non-Deck use, rather than Valve. But probably any recent distro will work fine (for recent Mesa and AMD drivers). Proton can be downloaded via Steam, and there are helper tools to get the various Glorius Eggroll (GE) Wine releases, Tools like Lutris can help set up various launch environments.