2013 NFL Playoffs

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
49ers are gonna pimpslap Atlanta. So glad Atlanta won. And whats better they won unconvincingly and basically needed a late miracle drive to pull it out. The 49ers are going to watch the tape and run wild on that porous defense (if Miller can catch all kinds of balls in open space, slow as he is, VD is going to have a fucking field day). Fat Michael Turner isnt going to gain shit on the 49ers front, which means Ryan is going to be forced to throw a ton, so the Niners an game plan with extra DB's and different looks to cause the Falcons to turn the ball over or go 3 and out a bunch of times.

I do think the Falcons are a quality home team so Im slightly worried, but Kaepernick running around on turf in a dome against a team ranked 29th against the run, the Niners wont even have to throw to score or gain yards. And when they do the Falcons wont be expecting it. Mike Smith vs Harbaugh is lol.
Well to be fair, prior to yesterday, Seattle looked like the strongest team in the NFC, not Atlanta, so their win shouldn't guarantee the Niners a Super Bowl trip. Kaeperbro better come to play next week.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
7 weeks ago the Falcons were the best team in football, 6 weeks ago it was the Texans, 5 weeks ago it was the Pats, 4 weeks ago it was the 49ers, 3 weeks ago it was the Seahawks, 2 weeks ago it was the Colts. This season has been insanely volatile, and I doubt all of the predictions on this board are going to mean shit when next week finally rolls around.

edit - Colts = Broncos. I just think Manning = Colts

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Thought people were talking up the broncos at some point.

JYxZU.gif

kanaka_sl

shitlord
god, looks like another fucking Patriots super bowl.
Apparently Ray Lewis has God on his side so the big man upstairs might swing the AFC game to the Ravens.

What about the Falcon vs 49ers game?
Falcons barely got away from the Seahawks and Kaepernick has a better run game then Wilson so...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only way the Ravens have a chance of winning is if Ray Lewis stabs Tom Brady sometime before the game.

Not a bad stat line for their O players, but we all know very few of these #s occurred in the red zone - hence a loss.

TddnK.png

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Apparently Ray Lewis has God on his side so the big man upstairs might swing the AFC game to the Ravens.

What about the Falcon vs 49ers game?
Falcons barely got away from the Seahawks and Kaepernick has a better run game then Wilson so...
And the Falcons looked like trash at the end of the year and the Seahawks were the hottest team in football and Lynch was going to have 150 yards rushing and blah blah blah.

Sorry to single out your post, but I'm already hearing the exact same talking points from last week only the 'Seahawks' have been replaced with the '49'ers'. The Giants were supposed to come to the dome and whoop our ass. The Seahawks were supposed to come to the dome and whoop our ass. I guess now it's the 49'ers turn.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tell me, are the invincible Patriots more or less unbeatable than the Broncos were?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Of course they are Famm, didn't you get the memo. Any team that has a "bird" as a mascot cannot compete in the NFL this year. We are get lucky and do not stand a chance against these elite teams.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
God damn that's a shit load of money. Then again, if it's even half the game that the Saints/Niners game was, it'd probably be worth it.
Just catching up on the thread. Wife and I went to ATL to run a race over the weekend. Playoff games were MUCH better this weekend.

I spent $400 for my Vikings/Saints playoff ticket and it was the best money I ever spent throughout my entire life. I didn't make the Superbowl but watching the Saints win that back and forth battle with the Vikings against Favre was gd amazing. That Hartley field goal is a top 5 moment of my entire life.

I'm not spouting about how great the Saints were/are... I'm saying if you can GO to a playoff game in your team's stadium I HIGHLY recommend it. There's NOTHING like watching your team win an elimination game at home. There's definitely something to be said about the HIGH you can get from hanging out with a great crowd all enjoying the same event. I don't even drink at games so it wasn't the alcohol...

Damn Broncos shocked me. Peyton Manning with 3 turnovers and the final one in 100% Favre style rolling right and throwing across his body? That's one of the #1 QB No nos... I think you have to ask yourself if you really want the choke Manning? Yall call me dumb but my god... at this point I'd even have to say I'd take Eli herp n derp over Peyton. Eli's been clutch in the playoffs whereas his brother faced off against Sex "DEEP DERP" Grossman or he'd have lost that SB too. Can't argue Peyton didn't have safety help losing that game though. Raheem Moore derped his way into the hall of shame committing the cardinal error fucking TWICE to shit up the Broncos chances.

The more I think about it though... I think Brady would have destroyed that Denver defense yet again because he actually mans the fuck up in cold weather.

At this point, I'm pulling for the Ravens to win it all after a massive revenge game against the Pats. Ray ray needs to run across the line, stab Brady and then go on to win it all against the 49ers. Let the GOOD Harbaugh win the Harbaugh Bowl...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow that an amazing weekend of of football. Made of for last weekend big time. Looks like I was wrong about Seattle lol... Anyway I'm convinced the NFC is superior to the AFC this year. I have the 49ers in a pool so I'm hoping its them now.

Tell me, are the invincible Patriots more or less unbeatable than the Broncos were?
i never really understood the hype about the broncos. Peyton looked great, and they have a coherent D, but aside from beating the ravens @ home, when did they show us that they were the best?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if the patriots play they way they did vs the texans, control- for the most part- the running game(limited foster to like 90 yards,~ half of which came on 2 runs in the 2nd quarter), limit that to force flacco to throw more, - provided dennard and talib can prevent those deep throws that killed denver, they should win.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only way the Ravens have a chance of winning is if Ray Lewis stabs Tom Brady sometime before the game.
Let's have a week of stabbing jokes and Flacco is really a Sesame Street character. That's a fuckton better than actual football talk.

Ravens are +9, go get your mortgage paid off.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Denver's last 9 regular season games were pretty cupcake, their beginning of season was difficult and they lost half of those.

Also, no one expected Denver/Champ Bailey to give up a bunch of bombs to Flacco. It's hard to win when you allow 38 points.