2013 NFL Playoffs

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The Limichael James fumble really hurt the Niners. If they even get a field goal its a different game. then you let Jones return one right after the half, which decreased their win probability by like 40%.

Either way, it was an exciting Super Bowl. We dont get many, so Im glad for that. The problem is the 49ers will never get that one back. Even if they win it all next year, the 2012 season will always hurt in ways you cant relieve.

The Culliver PI was disgusting though. I dont give a fuck what you guys or anyone says. The Niners got jobbed on that call. Its still their fault they let the game come down to some bad calls though. By all mens the 49ers should have won comfortably if they dont turn the ball over and lose special teams. Thats football 101 and they failed. I do think they can be a better team for it though. Harbaugh has earned a TON of fucking experience in his first TWO years as a head football coach. Add in his brothers experience which he will feed off of and next year looks promising.

You figure, you have Kaepernick at QB, if he avoids injury the guy is easily a top 5 QB going forward. You got Rodgers at #1, Brady at #2, Brees at #3, Matt Ryan at #4 and Kaeperbro at #5. Peyton lurks in there somewhere obviously, but he is going to be what, 38? You also have Flacco, Eli, Russel Wilson, Luck, CUTLER (shout out to my boy Araysar) and a couple others (like ALEX SMITH) that could hang around in the top 10 but even with the loss Kaeperbro threw for 300 yards with 2 scores and almost 90 yards rushing. IN THE SUPERBOWL. In his TENTH START.

Bowman and Willis will be back. Both Smiths will be back. Goldson will be back. Not sure on everyone else but the core D will be there. My only concern is RB as James is kind of garbage. Gore has another year or two in him but he is in the twilight years now. So, fuck it, if Steve Young lost two heartbreaking games before climbing the mountain, maybe the Niners it will be third times a charm under Harbaugh.

Thats what I hope anyway -_-
Lol top 5?

Did you forget a certain fellow by the name of Jay Cutler? or Eli Manning? or Peyton Manning?

edit: never mind, hit quote before the rest of the post. still LOL at kaepernick being better than those 3.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol top 5?

Did you forget a certain fellow by the name of Jay Cutler? or Eli Manning? or Peyton Manning?
Not sure if serious.

edit: Also, just read Pharazons, post and LOL. I feel the same fucking way. Im about to practice Islam or someting because, fuck man, that game was brutal. Just, probably the worse fucking way your team can lose a game. Come back all that way and totally bungle a 2 pt conversion, and then fail to (try to) gain 5 yards with he most prolific running team the playoffs had ever seen.

I dont know what the fuck Roman or Harbaugh were thinking.

I do know what Jerome Boger was thinking though. He was thinking about how everyone called him out for getting a gift SB spot and being known as a guy who calls a lot of holding penalties. So he let his guys know not to call "no holding shit" or whatever and you had a recipe for failure when it came to getting the ball in the endzone on a pass play.

The Niners beat themselves, but like I said, this has to be the worse way to lose amirite? The Patriots helmet catch loss was gut wrenching, but this has to be slightly worse. Honestly, given the large comeback, and then the refs, and then the ill-fated decision to not run with Gore or bootleg Kap to give him the option to run or throw. Either way the 49ers fucked themselves out of a Super Bowl.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Actually, the PI was less egregious to me than the complete lack of helmet to helmet calls all game. The James fumble was probably the most pivitol moment of the entire game and on that play, you had a Ravens player pulling him by his helmet and then the last hit being direct helmet to helmet shot at the end of the play, which is probably what made him cough up the ball in the first place. Worst reffing in a SB since the Steelers/Cards debacle and even more lopsided. The Niners certainly put themselves in a place to be fucked by the refs, with the poor defensive play and Moss under-running routes all game, among other things, but in a game that close its pretty much bullshit that the officiating essentially decided it while being so one sided. Granted, with four downs at the five and having the best running QB and second best running back in the game, you should be able to punch that shit in. Run right at stabby four times and make that old fuck earn his ring.

Kaeperbro did a descent job, with a couple exceptions. His clock management was for shit and he seemed to not want to take easy first down runs when they were given to him, for the most part. The pick he threw I blame on Moss for doing his classic "I am bored, fuck running this route" routine that got him tossed out of NE. Clock management is pretty much an issue because he is a rookie and I am sure after seeing what happened to RGKnee (and knowing what the dirty Seachickens will likely do to him in the future) his toned down running is part of a long term plan. As a Packer fan, I am not looking forward to facing the Niners over the next few playoffs, thats for sure.

The main positives I can take away from this are to see Ed Reed get a ring and that Randy Moon the Lambeau crowd Moss once again came up short due to his own laziness. But seriously, fuck Lewis and his imaginary god for letting him stab his way to glory again. Also, Flacco played a solid game and deserved the MVP for being the most consistant player on the team, plus nothing he did was touched by the taint of bad officiating. Congrats to him.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol top 5?

edit: never mind, hit quote before the rest of the post. still LOL at kaepernick being better than those 3.
When Cutler manages to get double digit passer rating against the woeful Packer Defense, then you can argue that he is better than Kaepernick. That and when he stops his giant vagina from bleeding every game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hey Jozu,

Let me help you out. it will be and always will be Kaeperflat.

you are welcome.

should have stuck with Smith.

Jozu

Keapernick can obviously throw the ball. I just think the stage, the tough defense, and the moment caused him to sail a couple balls and make a couple of ill-fated decisions. He will learn. He was thrown into this fucking situation. No one fucking predicted this guy would attain the heights he did, and if they say they did they are lying. No one knew if he was ready or not and he basically was. He doesnt play fucking defense. He was constantly having to comeback and throw the ball. Talking heads always talk about being forced to throw blah blah blah, and everytime he was put in the situation he succeeded (except late obviously, but that was bad play calling). So he is just getting started.

Next season there is no excuse to hold him back. Injury is a concern but the kid played baseball at a high level and can slide and also has blinding speed to get the edge. I think he stays healthy and rushes for 1000 yards next season and throws for 3500.

edit: And 3rd times is going to be the charm for little brother Harbaugh, just like his older brother John. John had already lost 2 tough championship games and then won it all on his third try. Now the Niners will win the NFC west again and get a bye and beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship to get to the superbowl.....

lol
frown.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actually, the PI was less egregious to me than the complete lack of helmet to helmet calls all game. The James fumble was probably the most pivitol moment of the entire game and on that play, you had a Ravens player pulling him by his helmet and then the last hit being direct helmet to helmet shot at the end of the play, which is probably what made him cough up the ball in the first place.
Helmet to helmet is perfectly legal on that play. James was neither a defenseless receiver nor the QB.

Jozu

Yeah.

Whats crazy is not giving Gore the ball after he just got you in position to win the game and was getting stronger as the game went on. Plus there was no Ngata. I mean, thats Jim Harbaughs fault. Greg Roman might have called the plays but Jim could have changed the play to a run or Kap could have audibled into a run if he wasnt bleeding IQ.

Merrith

Yeah.

Whats crazy is not giving Gore the ball after he just got you in position to win the game and was getting stronger as the game went on. Plus there was no Ngata. I mean, thats Jim Harbaughs fault. Greg Roman might have called the plays but Jim could have changed the play to a run or Kap could have audibled into a run if he wasnt bleeding IQ.
Especially after getting it below the 2 minute warning...you'd think on 2nd down at least they'd spread them out and give Gore a chance to run it in...would either waste more clock to prevent leaving the Ravens time for a field goal to tie/win, or they'd have to burn a timeout.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
?
The James fumble was probably the most pivitol moment of the entire game and on that play, you had a Ravens player pulling him by his helmet and then the last hit being direct helmet to helmet shot at the end of the play, which is probably what made him cough up the ball in the first place.
are you serious? I am an Oregon fan and would like nothing more than James to do well, but you need glasses if this is what you saw.

Jozu

?

are you serious? I am an Oregon fan and would like nothing more than James to do well, but you need glasses if this is what you saw.
Do you really think LeMicheal James is legit though? If he was such a good runner, Harbaugh would have involved him earlier in the season and got him more touches. Instead he had to step up when Hunter went on IR. He did OK in the playoffs but coughing up the ball and then getting an opportunity late and doing nothing with it made him a hindrance rather than a boon.

Maybe he is just a young player and will get better but he is kind of small and I'm not sure he is going to be able to survive in a running system that Gore strives in so if the Niners want to keep their current run system they are going to have to draft something better than Dixon or James.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Helmet to helmet is perfectly legal on that play. James was neither a defenseless receiver nor the QB.
Grabbing the helmet is always a no no and spearing is still a penalty, especially when you get a five yard head start on a guy who already had his forward progress stopped. If that had been the Pats instead of the Niners, the flag would have been tossed every time (and mind you I hate the pats) for sure. The only time they flagged the Ravens all game for it was when Ngata blatantly speared Kaeperbro head on after a pass. Other than that, it was spearing central all game. Of course, the Niners got away with a couple chop blocks, too, including the one that put Ngata on the pine for a while after he cheap shotted Kaepernick.

Holding not being called was meh. They did not call holding all game, on either side, plus it would have made zero difference. If Kaeper could audible in a reasonable amount of time and not force Harbaught to burn a timeout, then the Ravens have to punt there. Honestly, if all they were going to do was pass every down, they might as well have eaten the Delay penalty. Harbaugh made some bad choices this game, especially with the playcalling near the ends of each half.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He will be a great player for the 9'ers. He is not built to be a Gore replacement which no one in the league is. Gore is Gore.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I am not going to put this one on the refs. I don't think it was a very well officiated game, but it went both ways. It's easy to bitch about Crabtree non-call because of the moment, but there was an equally egregious non-call earlier in the game when Torrey Smith was obviously held on his way to the end zone. It seemed like the refs were under "let them play" marching orders and that is the way it was called.

For the first half, it looked like the moment was bigger than Kaepernick. But what I saw out of him this season and in the second half of the game makes me very happy about the Niners QB situation going forward.

Merrith

Grabbing the helmet is always a no no and spearing is still a penalty, especially when you get a five yard head start on a guy who already had his forward progress stopped. If that had been the Pats instead of the Niners, the flag would have been tossed every time (and mind you I hate the pats) for sure.
Grabbing the facemask is a penalty, and I fail to see him being grabbed by the helmet, a guy has his legs tangled, and the defender goes in to make a tackle. Simply putting your head down to make a tackle is NOT spearing. Spearing would be a full on horizontal launch head first, and you just don't see that much save on guys trying to make big hits on receivers on a ball still in the air (the defenseless receiver rule).

Initial contact isn't even all helmet to helmet, he hits with partial shoulder first. This is simply not a penalty. Not even close.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Grabbing the helmet is always a no no and spearing is still a penalty, especially when you get a five yard head start on a guy who already had his forward progress stopped. If that had been the Pats instead of the Niners, the flag would have been tossed every time (and mind you I hate the pats) for sure.
1. He wasn't a defenseless receiver, QB in the pocket, or a kick returner. (Receiver and kick returner lose this protection when they take off running.)
2. He was still moving forward.
3. It wasn't even helmet to helmet. (Wouldn't have been a penalty anyway. See #1.)

Quit being a whiny idiot. Were you in here with tears flowing when Pollard knocked Ridley out? That one was actually helmet to helmet. (Still not a penalty though, see rule #1.) Learn the rules and quit being an idiot.

Go advocate for flag football elsewhere, pussy.

-Aamina

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grabbing the helmet is always a no no and spearing is still a penalty, especially when you get a five yard head start on a guy who already had his forward progress stopped. If that had been the Pats instead of the Niners, the flag would have been tossed every time (and mind you I hate the pats) for sure. The only time they flagged the Ravens all game for it was when Ngata blatantly speared Kaeperbro head on after a pass. Other than that, it was spearing central all game. Of course, the Niners got away with a couple chop blocks, too, including the one that put Ngata on the pine for a while after he cheap shotted Kaepernick.

Holding not being called was meh. They did not call holding all game, on either side, plus it would have made zero difference. If Kaeper could audible in a reasonable amount of time and not force Harbaught to burn a timeout, then the Ravens have to punt there. Honestly, if all they were going to do was pass every down, they might as well have eaten the Delay penalty. Harbaugh made some bad choices this game, especially with the playcalling near the ends of each half.
Go away.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Initial contact isn't even all helmet to helmet, he hits with partial shoulder first. This is simply not a penalty. Not even close.
The part where his helmet was grabbed was earlier in the play, but that clip admittedly looks less like spearing in slow motion. I know Ravens fans love the chippy play (their hero is Stabby McDearAntlers and they have to play the dirty fucking Steelers twice a year), but that was not how the majority of the game was called the rest of the season. Regardless, if Harbaugh remembers he has a running game on that last set of downs (and Kaeper does not take five years to audible), this conversation does not even take place or matter. Plus, the Ravens overcame shitty reffing against the Cheatriots in the AFC Championship game.