2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Peters is OK. He is better than most corners, but has played with an awesome core of d-lineman and backers for most of his career, this will continue somewhat with Aaron Donald and company, but it will be interesting to see what he can do on another team.

I still want the 49ers to sign Malcom Butler.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Peters is OK. He is better than most corners, but has played with an awesome core of d-lineman and backers for most of his career, this will continue somewhat with Aaron Donald and company, but it will be interesting to see what he can do on another team.

I still want the 49ers to sign Malcom Butler.

lol

Rams D-line is probably the best in the league.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

I agree, but the linebacker play has fell off since the days of Ogeltree and Laurinitas etc,(Ogeltree is still good but Barron is a glorified safety and is overrated) and Peters played with Justin Houston, Hali etc so I am wondering if he will be a great fit for the Rams or be exposed.

This has happened recently with other high profile DBs changing teams, like Josh Norman who no one talks about anymore.

Peters stats the last 3 years have been fantastic, 19 interceptions, about 50 tackles a year, and can play on an island. But he has played with some great Kansas City defenses, I just wonder if he will continue playing at a high level as he will have to do more in LA.

Aaron Donald is a monster, no doubt, but the Chiefs defense has been pretty good the last few years, I'm not sure if it was because of Peters or the other stars around him. He wasn't even the best DB on his team.

I actually think we have stumbled upon a great discussion. What position is more valuable to a defense in today's game, a CB or a MIKE linebacker?

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Chiefs defense was horrible last year except for turnover production. 2016 was only a bit better. Turnovers are super important but they hide how many yards they give up.

Also, their linebackers were really bad last year. Peters was their best DB last year when Berry was injured.

2015 they had a genuinely good defense.

Jozu

I dunno maybe I was lulled into a false sense of reality by viewing the Chiefs defense through a fantasy lens.

They have been a great fantasy points per defense the last few years. Most of my football knowledge is kind of filtered through the fantasy scope besides information on the 49ers.

So stats and numbers tend to drive my arguments rather than nuance and actual film watching. I'm not going to argue that.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
They were utterly helpless against Mariota and had some of the worst sideline tackling I've ever seen in that Titans game.

Jozu

I was watching that game live and it was a clear catch. What more do you want the fucking guy to do to "complete" a catch? They mine as well require him to hot potato the ball to himself as he goes to the ground to prevent it from touching the turf at all.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There was pretty egregious penalties ignored in the previous game to get the Cowboys there anyway. No fucks given.

• 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was watching that game live and it was a clear catch. What more do you want the fucking guy to do to "complete" a catch? They mine as well require him to hot potato the ball to himself as he goes to the ground to prevent it from touching the turf at all.

If you're reaching for extra yardage while going to the ground, and the ball pops out when you hit, then it shouldn't be a completed catch in my opinion. Now...if during your reach, you cause the ball to break the plane, then it should be a TD. Kind of how many "fumbles" aren't fumbles b/c the ball already crossed the plane. Dez was dumb because he had no need to be stretching that ball out. Already had the 1st down.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If you're reaching for extra yardage while going to the ground, and the ball pops out when you hit, then it shouldn't be a completed catch in my opinion.
That's...that's a fucking retarded opinion! If you catch the ball, and are making a move to get more yards, and it comes loose when it hits the ground you think that should be incomplete? Stupid man

• 1Cutler

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's...that's a fucking retarded opinion! If you catch the ball, and are making a move to get more yards, and it comes loose when it hits the ground you think that should be incomplete? Stupid man

That's the risk you take trying to extend rather than complete/solidify the catch with control.

• 1Like