2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's just stupid b/c that rule is clearly intended to prevent targeting to head/neck areas. Defender literally was squared up with the receiver and they're contacting waist to waist all the way up to helmet to helmet while he's wrapping him for the tackle. Just terrible "letter of the law" but not spirit of the rule call.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
NFL rules are retarded as fuck. Dude makes a form tackle and they gift the opposing team a 1st down from a 3rd and 20. Unfairly punitive for a judgement call. Def not beating the Pats and the refs.

Your team is in this game because of a call like that. You cant bitch.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
NFL rules are retarded as fuck. Dude makes a form tackle and they gift the opposing team a 1st down from a 3rd and 20. Unfairly punitive for a judgement call. Def not beating the Pats and the refs.

This I agree with. It's a shit rule that was put in place to "protect the players" after the concussion thing a few years ago. It wasn't a make up call as much as it's the pussification of the NFL in action.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your team is in this game because of a call like that. You cant bitch.
And the saints were only at home because the refs spotted them 17 points against Pittsburgh. If that game was in LA it would have been a blow out. Everyone knows when Goff can hear his coach he makes the right calls, mostly because he isn't making the calls.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I felt like a dork coming to comment about the Bud Lite commercial only to see three people beat me to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users