2022, How many movies did you see in the theater?

2022, How many movies did you see in the theater?

Votes: 60 51.3%

Votes: 24 20.5%

Votes: 10 8.5%

Votes: 6 5.1%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11+

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Never saw the original top gun, so didn’t care to jump into some sequel.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Don’t Worry Darling
Nope
The Cat Returns
Star Trek the Motion Picture
Ticket to Paradise
Bram Stokers Dracula
Romeros Dawn of the Dead
Thor Love and Thunder
Elvis
Jurassic World Dominion
Doctor Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse
John Carpenters The Thing
The Wizard of Oz
Jaws

I plan on seeing Violent Night next week

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Movie theaters are just dying a slow death it seems. Someone should be trying to innovate some business strategies beyond better seats.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am at 47, which is waaaaay bellow average because I did not go to three of the film festivals I usually go that account for about 100 movies by themselves (one I missed because of scheduling conflict, one I did not go because not enough things interested me and one I did not go because the COVID measures made it unpractical - instead of being centralized in one theater, it was spread around the city which immediately cuts by a third the number of movies you can see and could cause viewing planning dilemmas).
i was going to WTF your post, then i realized that when my dad was still alive we used to hit the theater every other week and pay for one film and sneak into one or two others for funzies. so yeah, i was at 50-75 films a year for decades. not including going with friends and GFs, so add another 25. i never really thought about it before. since my dad passed, i have too much nostalgia wrapped up into going to the movies and i cant go on my own anymore.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just Spider-Man I think. Probably nothing over the entire Covid period.

Used to watch every Marvel movie but just caught a couple on Disney Plus and missed a few. Spider-Man was the only one with good buzz/word of mouth.

Movie theaters are just dying a slow death it seems. Someone should be trying to innovate some business strategies beyond better seats.
They just try and squeeze every last drop of cash out of you which is always the sign of a dying buisness.

If they had much cheaper tickets and much cheaper snacks, I would be going every month and spending way more money with them. I always used to buy popcorn but I had enough with the prices they charge, now I've had enough of paying for the movies too.

If they want it to be a premium experience then they get premium experience attendance.

Movies being woke garbage doesn't help either.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Used to watch every Marvel movie but just caught a couple on Disney Plus and missed a few. Spider-Man was the only one with good buzz/word of mouth.

They just try and squeeze every last drop of cash out of you which is always the sign of a dying buisness.

If they had much cheaper tickets and much cheaper snacks, I would be going every month and spending way more money with them. I always used to buy popcorn but I had enough with the prices they charge, now I've had enough of paying for the movies too.

If they want it to be a premium experience then they get premium experience attendance.

when i was a kid i could afford to go see movies every week on my allowance. saturday afternoon matinee was like 3 dollars for admission. 2 dollars for a fountain drink, 2 for popcorn. i just bought a coke and candy bar from the store and only paid the admission.

• 1Garbage

Goatface

1917 is the last movie i saw in the theater. got hyped up to go see Northman, but passed after seeing reviews.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh shit, I forgot Avatar re-release. So I'm at 10.
There might be an anime movie in there also.

Caliane

Thought it was zero at first, but then remembered, just one.

Took my dad to go see Top gun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I forgot we had planned to see Violent Night last weekend but kiddos were sick. Will likely see it before the end of the year.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dying form of entertainment unless something drastic changes. No benefit to being in a theater versus home.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Zero which is sort of disappointing because the local movie theater just did a major remodel and I wanted to check it out. Having to drive an hour home afterwards just makes it seem like hassle. I actually planned to see Top Gun but then when the day came I decided to just go home instead.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The one I went to at least changed the seating. They are all plush seats, that all recline and are spaced out 2 at a time(obvious for couples). But it's still just so expensive. The tickets themselves for just 2 hours usually and snacks or a drink are just insane. Especially when you know they buy all that crap for much cheaper in bulk. The ticket cost I could see being somewhat out of their control(though I really have no clue how that works).

But like others have said, with tech you can get at home , you can get a pretty damn good movie experience, in the comfort of your own home and spend maybe 6 bucks on a popcorn and soda at any grocery store.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

We were only going to 2-4 a year as it was. Then covid hits and everything is shut down. Shit reopens but you gotta mask - fuck that. Now everything is normal but I'm used to just waiting a bit and seeing it on Netflix or Prime. The fuck I wanna risk getting shot by some random nog at a place trying to charge me $15 for a popcorn?

We may go see Violent Night, but likely just wait for it to hit Netflix/Prime.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Dying form of entertainment unless something drastic changes. No benefit to being in a theater versus home.
I haven't been in a long time. Eons. Rude people killed it for me. I can't imagine how bad it is now that people are even worse and have cell phones.

That, and there's what...1-2 decent films being made a year now?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
4, which is massively less than a normal year (20-30ish would be normal). Dropped about 10k during Covid converting my living room into a theater, so not much point in going to a commercial theater for a worse experience. Every film that I saw this year was while traveling.

Spider man with the family in Phoenix. Everything Everywhere visiting friends in Vegas.
Banshees of Irisherin & Violent Night both this week as I was in Minnesota for work and had fuck all to do at night.

I'm guessing 1-3 per year moving forward tops, especially if I stay in this house long term.

Fadaar

That guy
It's either 2 or 3. I forget when I saw Spiderman, I think it was over Christmas last year but not 100% certain. The other two are Strange and Top Gun.