2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wait...Williams wasn't even betting on the NFL? That's against the rules? What kind of puritan bullshit rule is that?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wait...Williams wasn't even betting on the NFL? That's against the rules? What kind of puritan bullshit rule is that?

Ya. I don't get that one either. Maybe because he used team facilities or some stupid shit?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, can’t gamble on any NFL games or at team facilities which includes travel with the team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The kind required to not have constant questions about game fixing / insider knowledge, given potentially shared trainers, medical staffs, and surgeons between sports in a market. Yes, there's no difference in reality from a player making bets in the building vs in the car on the street, but you have to set the line somewhere.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also Rodgers in SF makes a shit ton of sense and I absolutely hope it doesn't happen.
It does except for the fact that SF has no draft picks to trade for him and no money to pay him. From a football standpoint it would be awesome.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It does except for the fact that SF has no draft picks to trade for him and no money to pay him. From a football standpoint it would be awesome.
Lance, some of the bazillion 3rd rounder diversity picks you probably can't trade, and a future 1st.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At the end of the day, saying you KNOW what a player's true value and potential is after only 4 starts is not good for business. Implying that Shanahan knows Lance is some kind of bust is dumb, esp when you consider there are reports coming out today that say Kyle is throwing his weight around in order to PREVENT Lance from being moved.

The only way trading Lance is "smart" or good for the team is if they get multiple 2nd round picks or something close to that, otherwise you mine as well just keep him on the roster. Shanahan hasnt shown he can keep his QB's healthy, so simply having another guy at QB is probably their best bet. What are they going to get from trading him for a third? Missing on another WR or D lineman? They need to keep him at least one more year.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You're a fucking dipshit.

The entire organization will only say great things about him to up his trade value or if they keep him make him feel wanted. Of course they want the best compensation they can get and it's no sure thing he's moved. The point is he's on the fucking block which is why all these rumors are out there.

How many starts did Purdy have?

(And whether or not Lance eventually ends up being good really isn't even the point when your roster is built to win a championship now)

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The biggest reason to keep him hanging around is because they can't keep their QB's healthy. May as well have someone there with upside who knows the offense.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
BTW, I'm still a free agent for my fandom.

Looking for a 3 year full guaranteed deal with a full no-trade clause.

Make your best sales pitch for your team.

Looking to complete my signing before the 1st round of the 2023 Draft.

• 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme

I don't think we've had a Jaguars fan on this forum. I think you'd be perfect.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I don't think we've had a Jaguars fan on this forum. I think you'd be perfect.
someone vision GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
6 game suspension for betting on non NFL games is fucking stupid. League pushes betting lines, odds, FD/DK whatever constantly these days, but if one of their players uses the app while in a team facility they get suspended? Fucking ridiculous.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How long did it take to figure out he was good?
I'd say probably after about 3, when he won @Seattle as a rookie, it was pretty apparent he definitely didn't suck. I'd say the Raiders game was when I knew he was good.

So...5?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

The Chargers can offer you infinite disappointment.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
9ers are cementing Lance's legacy as the worst draft day trade of all time.
Hi. Bears fan checking in.
  • No. 3 pick (which became Solomon Thomas)
  • No. 67 pick, Round 2 (which was traded to the Saints, who selected Alvin Kamara)
  • No. 111 pick, Round 4 (traded to the Seahawks, who selected safety Tedric Thompson)
  • No. 70 pick, Round 3 in 2018 (which became All-Pro linebacker Fred Warner)

1682187765660.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users