2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the "collusion" talk on Lamar is interesting. On one hand...I could absolutely believe the owners banding together to avoid any sort of 100% guaranteed money precedent getting set on a wider scale. On the other hand, it's laughable to suggest that certain teams should definitely be handing the bag to a guy who hasn't finished either of the last 2 seasons and has 1 playoff win under his belt.

Granted...wins/losses are not a QB stat in the end, but when I look at games like the Jags comeback win over the Chargers, is Lamar pulling off what Lawrence did? I can't see it. Owners handing out shitty deals to guys like Kyler, Russ, and Watson doesn't mean every team should do it for every guy.

Reports are Ravens offered something like $250 total with $133 guaranteed and it was turned down by Lamar. The only QB's I'd be comfortable potentially spending that much on are Mahomes and Burrow. MAYBE I could be convinced of Hurts after the year he had and how good he looked in the Super Bowl, but I do think he had a stacked team, and I'm not sure he's worth quite that much. After that group I'd still easily have Allen, Lawrence, and Herbert ahead of Lamar. Could be talked into a few others, too. His MVP season was amazing, but it was also a down year for other QB's who suffered injuries and was pre Burrow/Herbert/Allen/Lawrence rising or even being in the league like they are now. He also hasn't played as well as that MVP year since then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All the "collusion" talk on Lamar is interesting. On one hand...I could absolutely believe the owners banding together to avoid any sort of 100% guaranteed money precedent getting set on a wider scale. On the other hand, it's laughable to suggest that certain teams should definitely be handing the bag to a guy who hasn't finished either of the last 2 seasons and has 1 playoff win under his belt.

Granted...wins/losses are not a QB stat in the end, but when I look at games like the Jags comeback win over the Chargers, is Lamar pulling off what Lawrence did? I can't see it. Owners handing out shitty deals to guys like Kyler, Russ, and Watson doesn't mean every team should do it for every guy.

Reports are Ravens offered something like $250 total with $133 guaranteed and it was turned down by Lamar. The only QB's I'd be comfortable potentially spending that much on are Mahomes and Burrow. MAYBE I could be convinced of Hurts after the year he had and how good he looked in the Super Bowl, but I do think he had a stacked team, and I'm not sure he's worth quite that much. After that group I'd still easily have Allen, Lawrence, and Herbert ahead of Lamar. Could be talked into a few others, too. His MVP season was amazing, but it was also a down year for other QB's who suffered injuries and was pre Burrow/Herbert/Allen/Lawrence rising or even being in the league like they are now. He also hasn't played as well as that MVP year since then.
The only reason anyone is listening to rumor-mongering from a brain-damaged meathead like Watt and a never-was like RG3 is the unsubtle implication of racism because obviously anything that goes negatively for a black player can only be because of racism.

It couldn't be because he's a living embodiment of the room-temperature IQ meme who genuinely thinks he's worth Watson level guaranteed money (which Watson wasnt worth in the first place) despite the fact that he couldn't even make it out of his rookie contract before falling into the endless injury cycle that seems to mark the end of a quarterblack's consistent production years. Everyone remembers how fast Vick and Newton fell off once they started getting injured and they look at Jackson and wonder if he's turning into another RG3. The question of his future health is enough reason not to give him guaranteed money by itself before you even get into all the other issues surrounding him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

The only reason anyone is listening to rumor-mongering from a brain-damaged meathead like Watt and a never-was like RG3 is the unsubtle implication of racism because obviously anything that goes negatively for a black player can only be because of racism.

It couldn't be because he's a living embodiment of the room-temperature IQ meme who genuinely thinks he's worth Watson level guaranteed money (which Watson wasnt worth in the first place) despite the fact that he couldn't even make it out of his rookie contract before falling into the endless injury cycle that seems to mark the end of a quarterblack's consistent production years. Everyone remembers how fast Vick and Newton fell off once they started getting injured and they look at Jackson and wonder if he's turning into another RG3. The question of his future health is enough reason not to give him guaranteed money by itself before you even get into all the other issues surrounding him.

I pretty much 99% agree with all of this, I just have that 1% that thinks the idea of owners getting together to be like "yeah we need to nip this guaranteed thing in the bud, let Watson's be an outlier" isn't far-fetched at all.

Small wonder all the current players are like "pay the man!" b/c they all want more guaranteed money to be the norm, too.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I pretty much 99% agree with all of this, I just have that 1% that thinks the idea of owners getting together to be like "yeah we need to nip this guaranteed thing in the bud, let Watson's be an outlier" isn't far-fetched at all.
Its already been reported a lot that the owners were pissed about the Watson situation. I wouldnt be shocked if they did this too.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Eisen summed it up pretty well. I don't think the owners need to collude to know not to pay him that sort of money given he didn't finish the last 2 seasons, particularly how this last season ended.

• 2Like

Merrith

Eisen summed it up pretty well. I don't think the owners need to collude to know not to pay him that sort of money given he didn't finish the last 2 seasons, particularly how this last season ended.

Where would he even rank right now given his last 2 seasons? Even within his own conference? Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence all easily above him in my mind.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Even within his own conference? Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence all easily above him in my mind.

The "even within his own conference" qualifier doesn't really add much impact considering the AFC is loaded with all the best QBs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

The "even within his own conference" qualifier doesn't really add much impact considering the AFC is loaded with all the best QBs.

Well it does in the sense that he's currently tagged by an AFC team. Some other options that have been presented as potential landing spots would be Miami (assuming weird Tua health news or as part of trade to send him back to Baltimore with pick/s) and Houston.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have not been the same since I stared into the abyss of aychamo’s asshole.
Ok well here is the story Daezuel Daezuel

A long time ago all of FoH was on yahoo live trolling it up (2008) There was even some girl from there that posted here named Mini Milk.

Anyways It was like Twitch before twitch. Mario Speedwagon Mario Speedwagon , @kreugan, I and many others were in American Idol winner Jordin Sparks - Wikipedia channel trolling it up.

Yahoo Live had a big endorsement with American Idol and other artists this particular week. Due to the endorsements tons of normies were logging on to check out Yahoo Live. Back then it showed the top 4 camera windows and Mario, I, and Aychamo were in it. We were all laughing slamming beers etc and all of a sudden @aychamo stands up, drops his drawers, and spreads his gaping Black Hole Sun for thousands. Mario’s face to this day was priceless. He of course lost his shit laughing as did I. The best reaction was Jordin Sparks face at getting her first dose of the internet brought to ya via our Favorite FoH doctor. See she just won American Idol and was announcing her debut Album so all her fans got to see Aychamo’s asshole.

He did it to Motley Crue as well but they just laughed. I still remember Vince and Mick casually saying “that’s a dudes asshole” while trying not to fall over from laughter.

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Daezuel Daezuel Long time ago all of FoH was on yahoo live trolling it up. It was like Twitch before twitch. Anyways Mario Speedwagon Mario Speedwagon I @kreugan etc we’re in this American Idol channel. Back then it showed the top 4 camera windows and Mario, I, and Aychamo were in it. We were all laughing slamming beers etc and all of a sudden @aychamo stands up, drops his drawers, and spreads his gaping Black Hole Sun. Mario’s face to this day was priceless. He of course lost his shit laughing as did I. See she just won American Idol and was announcing her debut Album so all her fans got to see Aychamo’s asshole.

He did it to Motely Crue too but they just laughed. I still remember Vince and Tommy going “that’s a dudes asshole” chuckling.
I was here but obviously wasn't on that, I remember hearing about Aychamos asshole but didn't remember who else was there.

Disappointed you guys didn't join him dropping trou.

• 2Like

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Lamar Jackson's gonna settle for $100,000,000 and a Happy Meal after getting pummeled by the league.
He needs to produce, not extort his bankroll.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Granted...wins/losses are not a QB stat in the end, but when I look at games like the Jags comeback win over the Chargers, is Lamar pulling off what Lawrence did? I can't see it.

Matt Ryan's corpse could have pulled that off. It's the fucking Chargers after all.

• 2Worf