2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So, was the zeke back to dalls thing an april fool's joke? I assumed it was, but I'm still seeing it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe if they finally get a quarterback this year.

The joke won't stop being a little funny, but I think people are kidding themselves putting as much blame on him as the playcalling/offensive strategy the coaching staff came up with in that AFC title game. You'd swear they had no clue how to game plan down 10 with over a half to go.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Say what you will about that one game, but Lamar's track record in playoff games is quite clear at this point.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Say what you will about that one game, but Lamar's track record in playoff games is quite clear at this point.
When he actually makes it to the end of the season healthy. Hell he's poison even when he's injured, didn't he refuse to show up to support the team one of the years he was injured?

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
When he actually makes it to the end of the season healthy. Hell he's poison even when he's injured, didn't he refuse to show up to support the team one of the years he was injured?
Correct. And Alex is also correct that he just can't play in playoff games. (Remember "The Replacements" movie with Keanu? Lamar gets into a playoff game and immediately jumps into the quicksand. Every time.)

Ravens lost a ton of players in free agency this year. Unless they have the best draft ever they're going to have a tough time contending this year.

Any Chiefs fan who thinks former Raven "Stone Hands Hollywood" is going to be a difference maker is going to be disappointed.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
At this point I just assume that any free agent receiver the Chiefs pick up have an allergy to catching the ball.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I
Any Chiefs fan who thinks former Raven "Stone Hands Hollywood" is going to be a difference maker is going to be disappointed.

after last season nothing would surprise me anymore

I do think he’ll be fine though

Merrith

To a degree, but he hasn't had any receivers to speak of other than Andrews until this season, and not like Andrews has been super healthy towards end of last couple years, either. Burrow mostly has a rep for 1 Super Bowl trip, where he was pretty fortunate he caught Mahomes in probably his worst playoff performance (right after one of the craziest games ever, so not terribly surprising). Crunch time in his playoff career Burrow hasn't exactly done a whole lot, Cincy's D and kicking game should be getting more of the credit, tbh.

We're kind of one non fumble by Zay Flowers on the 2 from potentially having Lamar done the same thing as Burrow...beaten Mahomes in a playoff game where he didn't do all that much, then losing in the Super Bowl.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m totally looking forward to the Texans games this year. Thank god im not poor and got the big YouTube tv deals.

Merrith

He hasn't had any passing ability to speak of either.

On a team that runs the ball more than anyone, not terribly surprising. He did just set career highs in completion % and yardage last year. But only 457 attempts in 16 games. They're never going to throw the ball 600+ times

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
To a degree, but he hasn't had any receivers to speak of other than Andrews until this season, and not like Andrews has been super healthy towards end of last couple years, either. Burrow mostly has a rep for 1 Super Bowl trip, where he was pretty fortunate he caught Mahomes in probably his worst playoff performance (right after one of the craziest games ever, so not terribly surprising). Crunch time in his playoff career Burrow hasn't exactly done a whole lot, Cincy's D and kicking game should be getting more of the credit, tbh.

We're kind of one non fumble by Zay Flowers on the 2 from potentially having Lamar done the same thing as Burrow...beaten Mahomes in a playoff game where he didn't do all that much, then losing in the Super Bowl.

If you want to take it to the comparison, Burrow has as many playoff losses as Lamar has playoff wins (two) while having over twice as many wins in 67% the amount of time in the league.

Merrith

If you want to take it to the comparison, Burrow has as many playoff losses as Lamar has playoff wins (two) while having over twice as many wins in 67% the amount of time in the league.

Which is great, but we're basically talking about very small sample sizes where one decent run or two can sway stats either way. He's finished a smaller % of seasons healthy than Lamar has (not a great stat).

I just think the idea that Burrow somehow has such a vastly better chance of going the distance over guys like Allen and Lamar b/c of one win over Mahomes in the playoffs is flawed. Although in Allen's case now, they have to figure out wtf they are going to do at WR because he's pretty much got nothing left. This is to say nothing of guys like Stroud who suddenly has insane skill position guys around him all of a sudden.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which is great, but we're basically talking about very small sample sizes where one decent run or two can sway stats either way. He's finished a smaller % of seasons healthy than Lamar has (not a great stat).

I just think the idea that Burrow somehow has such a vastly better chance of going the distance over guys like Allen and Lamar b/c of one win over Mahomes in the playoffs is flawed. Although in Allen's case now, they have to figure out wtf they are going to do at WR because he's pretty much got nothing left. This is to say nothing of guys like Stroud who suddenly has insane skill position guys around him all of a sudden.
There's no point to this discussion as long as you think Lamar deserves to be part of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user