38 studios Auction Nov 14th and 15th.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I am aware of what the Pew Research Center is, and what their relationship is to The Economist, but thanks for attempting to clarify.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Sorry was not trying to offend.

I just had questions as to the nature of the poll, and that simple graph did not answer them

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
ex?trem?ist
ik'strem?st/
noun
a person whoholds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, especially one who resorts toor advocates extreme action.
"political extremists"
Glad you looked it up since you clearly didn't know

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So you're ignoring the part where you said 5-10% of Muslims are extremists?

While Muslims probably have the highest number of "extremists", you're completely retarded of you believe it's anywhere close to that high
Tell you what. Give me your definition of what constitutes "Islamic extremism" and I'll provide you with a citation that shows you're a dumbfuck for thinking less than 5% of Muslims are extremists. Quaid's already done it with his link but there are numerous other sources out there with similar data.

BTW here is one Pew report:http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/0...ull-report.pdf

From the executive summary, 8% of Muslims in the US feel violence is justified to defend Islam.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
A really good book on this topic is Radical by Maajid Nawaz. He is a former muslim extremist who goes into detail how he came to be radicalized and how he got out of it. He also debunks the myth that only an extremely small percentage of muslims support Islamic theocracies and Jihad, there's a very large number of right-wing muslims who don't carry out violence but have very similar views to the extremists.

Radical: My Journey Out Of Islamist Extremism: Maajid Nawaz, Tom Bromley: 9780762791361: Amazon.com: Books

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Tell you what. Give me your definition of what constitutes "Islamic extremism" and I'll provide you with a citation that shows you're a dumbfuck for thinking less than 5% of Muslims are extremists. Quaid's already done it with his link but there are numerous other sources out there with similar data.

BTW here is one Pew report:http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/0...ull-report.pdf

From the executive summary, 8% of Muslims in the US feel violence is justified to defend Islam.
That could be 5% transmuslim SJW and 3% regulars.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

I'd honestly say that the number of radical Muslims is proportional with the number of radical Christians. You don't see atheists bombing abortion clinics or shooting up black churches, do you?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'd honestly say that the number of radical Muslims is proportional with the number of radical Christians. You don't see atheists bombing abortion clinics or shooting up black churches, do you?
Even if that is true, the key difference is that most religions espouse peace, using it as a necessary tool to quell the populace in ages gone by. Islam, however, is defined by convert-or-die.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
While rich and powerful, I don't see the Vatican widely murdering or disfiguring non-christians. To make a better point, I don't hear of thousands of Christians declaring a holy war in the ME over what ISIS has done. They also haven't went over there to fight Muslims either. On the other side...

ISIS has 30,000 foreign fighters from more than 100 countries - Iraqi News

I think you don't really understand what proportional means. In fact, I know it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Is that your standard? You don't think 8% of actual Christians feel like violence is sometimes justified in defending Christianity? I'm actually surprised it's only 8%.

I honestly think islam is a lot crazier and more of a threat than any other religions out there, but your idea that there's 150 million who are a threat to your life is fucking stupid

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dunno how I missed this derail.

Anyway, I think violence is justified in defending all sorts of things and I'm not part of any religion. Believing that violence can be justified is not unreasonable. The actual question from the survey is whether you support suicide bombing or other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam, and those 8% are Muslims living in the US. In Muslim countries, the examples the summary gives range from 26% to 40%. I have no doubt that you could find Christians who believed violence against civilians was often or sometimes justified in defense of Christianity, but you'd have to do some very selective surveying to get 8%.

To me, that statistic is a damning indictment of Islam. I believe it to be a moral absolute that there can never be a justification for targeting civilians with violence. If your beliefs can't be defended without targeting civilians with violence, then you and your way of life deserve to die. Islam is a rabid dog, and if it can't be brought to heel like Christianity was, it needs to be put down.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
While rich and powerful, I don't see the Vatican widely murdering or disfiguring non-christians. To make a better point, I don't hear of thousands of Christians declaring a holy war in the ME over what ISIS has done. They also haven't went over there to fight Muslims either. On the other side...

ISIS has 30,000 foreign fighters from more than 100 countries - Iraqi News

I think you don't really understand what proportional means. In fact, I know it.
Maybe Christianity has already gotten it out of it's system? I feel like they've gone a crusade of some kind in the past. I just can't put my finger on it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Is that your standard? You don't think 8% of actual Christians feel like violence is sometimes justified in defending Christianity? I'm actually surprised it's only 8%.

I honestly think islam is a lot crazier and more of a threat than any other religions out there, but your idea that there's 150 million who are a threat to your life is fucking stupid
You were the one who called anyone a retard if they believed that 5-10% of Muslims were extremists. I just proved who the real retard is.

FYI a 30 second Google search was all you needed to do to figure out you were wrong.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Even if that is true, the key difference is that most religions espouse peace, using it as a necessary tool to quell the populace in ages gone by. Islam, however, is defined by convert-or-die.
A majority of them also believe execution is warranted for apostacy . Some people here obviously have problems admitting Schilling, Maher and everyone else with one functional brain cell are correct about Islamic extremists.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You were the one who called anyone a retard if they believed that 5-10% of Muslims were extremists. I just proved who the real retard is.

FYI a 30 second Google search was all you needed to do to figure out you were wrong.
If you're going to cast a wide net on what you find to be "extremist", then there's no way you can say only 7% of Germans were Nazis and call that a fair comparison.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're going to cast a wide net on what you find to be "extremist", then there's no way you can say only 7% of Germans were Nazis and call that a fair comparison.
I don't disagree, the 7% number is very disingenuous. Germans (and Poles) of that time period were very anti-Semitic. Even if your average citizen didn't know about the concentration camps, they damn sure knew about ghettos. They knew Jews were being treated like animals or worse, and they just didn't care.

spronk

FPS noob
i'd play a game where you are a baseball player fighting against muslims with just a sock for a weapon