4G boosters

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyone here have any experience with 4G boosters?

I have a place in northern MI and for some reason the last 2 yrs the 4G signal has been dog shit there. Odd thing is just a few years ago the shit worked no problem solid 2-3 bars.

So I see some on amazon that are just for this, powered, comes with antenna you mount on your place, then inside you get a boosted signal.

Just wondeering how effective those are before I drop the cool $200-$300 on one.

Shit like this...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
At my old place my T-Mobile signal was bad so they sent me a device I could plug into my router that acted as a cell tower in my house. Helped a ton and was free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
At my old place my T-Mobile signal was bad so they sent me a device I could plug into my router that acted as a cell tower in my house. Helped a ton and was free.
Meme Humour GIF by Sonia DERORY

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I purchased the above one, will be installing it next week (Jul4) up in my cabin, will report back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
A bit of an update. Took me like 2 hrs to install with my kid. Pointed it roughly the direction of the closest cell tower and lo and behold, the shit worked. Got 2-3 bars inside the cabin. Streamed 1080p movies, twitch, both kids were watching shit, wife not bitching she has no internet. Got fucked up and stoned while streaming tunes from my phone rather than shit radio. Would rate 4/5 stars just because it was not full bars. lol.

In technical terms the signal went from 130 dBm down to 95 dBm (lower is better.)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users