7 Days to Die

Rime

<Donor>
Yeah. Best way to 'survive' a Horde night is just to drive around for the duration of it. At later levels, no matter how good your base is, the suicide zombies will wreck it.

I miss the days of building giant underground bunkers with pit traps for the zombies to fall to their death in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently the devs really disliked base building

Yeah see I hate it when dev studios let their vision of the game become more important than players actually enjoying it. Glad I got my moneys worth out of A16 cause I doubt I'll ever reinstall it.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

The game is an odd mix of survival base building and tower defense. The TD part makes it difficult to keep a base alive for long in single player.

• 1Like

Druss

Trakanon Raider
Yeah see I hate it when dev studios let their vision of the game become more important than players actually enjoying it. Glad I got my moneys worth out of A16 cause I doubt I'll ever reinstall it.

Got over 800 hours in 7DTD, mostly alpha 18, base game is easy, so if you get bored play like the Darkness Falls mod, really good and will stomp you fast until you learn it, especially playing on 64 mobs for horde night. Playing A19 currently, i like the challenge of the hordes, you have to learn how to build good bases with auto turrents and traps etc, the demolishers make it so that you have to reinforce the kill box and make it hard to use the exploits ppl come up with, plus in A19 they fixed several of the worst exploits.
Im back to the base game to see how it plays, will be awhile i think for the Mods to get updated and there are several good ones like Darkness Falls, Ravenhearst, War3zuk, are a few more but not sure if they are up to date to at least A18. A19 also updated graphics on alot of the game and some new items, and has been optimized.
Anyways at least for me they are fun and when the base game gets boring changing to a mod keeps it fresh. Also, there is an app called Nitrogen that gives you the ability to customize the Random worlds generation and use prefabs that players have made that are really good and make even the base game alot more interesting. Ive only played Solo, but there are ppl that run servers for multiplayer.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
People wouldn't have resorted to those stupid exploits if the devs hadn't made such stupid changes.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
That got toned down big time. But they really fucked with the AI. Apparently the devs really disliked base building and so now horde nights are just shit shows of always trying to exploit the AI because the devs keep making hordes super intelligent.

A19 looks really good graphics wise though. Apparently my last post in this thread was maybe A17 when I guess they also did a graphics update.

Seems like poor game design or poor understanding of why people like zombie games.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I buy a zombie survival game I want to be able to build a sweet ass home base and then go out exploring. The base is key to be able to forage and return for a sense of progress. Good design would dictate that resources would continue to get scarce close to the base the longer you stay or the more people that you take in making you range farther for resources and incurring more danger that way. Why would anyone want to play a survival game that makes you continue to be on the move? Might as well play an FPS at that point.

• 1Solidarity

Druss

Trakanon Raider
Seems like poor game design or poor understanding of why people like zombie games.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I buy a zombie survival game I want to be able to build a sweet ass home base and then go out exploring. The base is key to be able to forage and return for a sense of progress. Good design would dictate that resources would continue to get scarce close to the base the longer you stay or the more people that you take in making you range farther for resources and incurring more danger that way. Why would anyone want to play a survival game that makes you continue to be on the move? Might as well play an FPS at that point.

Many ppl build a Home base and a Horde Night base, home base is were you build all your stuff and then the horde base is heavly fortified to kill zombies, that way if the horde base is destroyed you can just rebuild/repair it for the next horde. Or you can just find one of the POIs to reinforce and either change to a new POI for the next horde or repair it for the next horde. You can also change how often the hordes come up to every 28 days i think if you want to spend more time exploring and then near the next horde night build/repair in prep for it. And some of the player made POIs are really cool and you can use one of them for your base, just customize it a bit. Or another thing thats fun is just have lots of ammo and healing stuff and just run around at ground level and fight the horde that way, that for me was usually done late game when your skills and equipment are good. Some ppl will also play perma death. Lots of ways to play it, for me its lots of fun, and Fun Pimps are reguarliy updating and adding new stuff to the game. Oh, and as for resources, you can set it so that none of the loot respawns, and i dont dont think that resource nodes respawn, but the mines usually have alot of resources, not sure ive ever mined any nodes out.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I always had fun in this game with cheats just building bunkers for zombies to attack, never actually played it seriously. Gotta fire this up again and play around with it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i had NO idea i had this game or when i got it. a friend of mine just randomly saw that i had it on steam and asked if i wanted to play it with him so the last week and a half we've been playing this a ton. A20 just came out maybe a month ago? good stuff. i just started playing so i have limited understanding based on reading old posts or videos dropping the odd "oh, looks like they finally fixed _______" but it seems like they focused really hard on rebuilding the main map (Navezgane) as well as making random maps actually functional.

my two biggest complaints are that it seems SUPER poorly optimized so even at the lowest settings there's a lot of stuttering (especially when in cities with a lot of buildings) and my bike keeps teleporting around. i'll drive to a POI or quest or whatever, get off my bike and when i come back, it's either 25 meters in a random direction or buried underground. i have to keep a shovel with me JUST to dig out my motorcycle.

but it's still technically in alpha so i suppose i'll tolerate it.

but it's nice because base building usually frustrates me but my friend loves it. so i go exploring while he builds the base. good times.

• 1Like

Brad2770

I watch Glock9 on YouTube. He’s had similar issues with the stuttering in cities and the bike issue. Been waiting for this to be updated on console for like 3+ years now. I hope it’s soon.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This game looks amazing compared to couple years ago, going to pick it back up soon.

holy shit, last played 2015...

why is this still in alpha? That is nuts.

• 1Like

Cybsled

They still keep chugging away at it, which is great. But ya, optimization is ass in the game. If you try to run it at anything except the lowest of settings, most PCs are going to chug horribly in any area with environmental density

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Then just have to wait a few weeks after that for the Subquakes Undead Legacy mod to get updated for the new version :D

• 1Like