Trump's Staff
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Golden Globe Awards

Genre: Talk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
It is a big cringe and you can smell the fear in the air but the first hour( I missed the first 10 minutes ) was more like I remember it being decades ago back before the RESIST! shit.
All those Times Up pins though. Foreshadowing?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The entire first 10 min were jokes about Hollywood rapists and Trump.

The Kevin Spacey ones were kinda funny.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Lolz I'm not watching this.

But this does make me realize: What's even the Oscar-bait movies this year? I realize I have no clue, and I'm not sure if it's just I've given up all pretense of caring or if Harvey burning Weinstein to the ground has totally fucked the award season dynamic (+real directors making projects for Netflix/Amazon instead).

Is it really just Call Me By Your Name vs. The Post, with a smattering of movies that get noms in a couple categories (Phantom Thread / Three Billboards / Shape of Water / (maybe) Dunkirk / (maybe) Hostiles)? Or is there some juggernaut I am completely blanking on?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait Tommy wisseau or whatever his name is was on stage lol?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

he wanted to speak but franco cut him off lol. apparently the francos also went backstage to do the usual vip bullshit and poor tommy had to go back to his seat :(

i think among the oscar bait movies this year are lady bird (gyrrrl power), the post (streep & hanks doing old history shit), dunkirk, get out (black power), 3 billboards (old lady power), and shape of water (bestiality power). call me by your name would have been a contender a few years ago but all white cast, even if its a few gay bois, can't hold up anymore

its gonna be lady bird for sure, that'll send a message that hollywood doesn't rape young women but celebrates their quirkiness, and of course a bunch of black/queer women will protest that it went to a all white straight girl movie

• 1Like

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
best comment from the Franco speech
"Haha, what a story James. Anyway, how's your sex life?"

been making my way through the 'oscar bait' as its referred to and nothing really standing out thusfar. Three billboards was good, but I started to think Dunkirk would win everything from default due to nothing else feeling the least bit memorable. I have no idea why people are stiff for ladybird, it's a fine movie, but I never would've thought it was an Oscar film if I hadn't been told that. I think Phantom Thread is a contender I didn't see mentioned. I think "It Comes At Night" may have been the best movie I've seen so far though.

spronk

FPS noob
Its a bummer blade runner 2049 and Logan got spurned, I thought those were the best movies of 2017.

Also TV shows got shit on, while i'm sure maisel is not bad it only won because its about a woman overcoming the patriarchy in the 1950s just like the other big winner was Handmaiden's Tale about life for women under Trump 2020. Just like guys who are a bit too creepy about being feminists turn out to be rapists, award voters who loudly proclaim how much they love strong women on TV are probably mostly pedos and rapists.

Big Little Lies also swept up awards, I guess a lot of people watched it but I thought there were far more interesting chars and shows on TV like Mindhunter, Black Mirror, American Vandal, Glow, Better Call Saul, Legion, Lucifer, The Good Place, Mr. Robot, etc.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I never watched Big Little Lies but the previews were intriguing. Is it worth watching?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Wind River didnt even get a mention, that is the true crime.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never watched Big Little Lies but the previews were intriguing. Is it worth watching?
It’s watchable but I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch it. It’s also less entertaining if you don’t have kids.

• 1Worf

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I tried watching it but it seemed like a chick show.
I second this, but it is a good chick show. Good acting, decent characters and funny at times. So I got to watch a somewhat decent show that my wife was really into.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database