A Quiet Place: Day One (2024)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I figured that

we’d see the military use all their resources to kill a lot of these things but it would be a Pyrrhic victory, something like having to nuke our own cities. This would explain why there are so much fewer creatures in the first and second films

You can configure the story so it makes sense without a ton of work and given the information presented. Major cities around the world were struck with EMPs destroying the power grid, chaos erupted and in the midst of that chaos these aliens appeared.

1719880582361.png

is about the US in the wake of an EMP and does a pretty good job of demonstrating how fucked everything would be. You just take those ideas plus aliens. What happened with the government? The military? Our characters don't know. They fled in to the countryside to escape the twin threats of roving gangs and unpredictable alien attack and don't know. No one knows. Setting up the aliens as indestructible in the first film and having all the newspaper clippings about the military losing was fucking stupid. We would later see one have a hard time in a grain silo, take quite a bit of time to extract a dude from a pickup truck before getting 1-2'd by some speaker feedback and a shotgun.

It was chaos, we don't know what happened, done. Alas Babylon, Day of the Triffids, Lucifer's Hammer, Night/Day/Dawn of the Dead, The Road and a truckload of other apocalyptic fiction went that route. There's nothing to fuck up. Don't make up a bunch of bullshit about your super aliens.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can configure the story so it makes sense without a ton of work and given the information presented. Major cities around the world were struck with EMPs destroying the power grid, chaos erupted and in the midst of that chaos these aliens appeared.

View attachment 535051

is about the US in the wake of an EMP and does a pretty good job of demonstrating how fucked everything would be. You just take those ideas plus aliens. What happened with the government? The military? Our characters don't know. They fled in to the countryside to escape the twin threats of roving gangs and unpredictable alien attack and don't know. No one knows. Setting up the aliens as indestructible in the first film and having all the newspaper clippings about the military losing was fucking stupid. We would later see one have a hard time in a grain silo, take quite a bit of time to extract a dude from a pickup truck before getting 1-2'd by some speaker feedback and a shotgun.

It was chaos, we don't know what happened, done. Alas Babylon, Day of the Triffids, Lucifer's Hammer, Night/Day/Dawn of the Dead, The Road and a truckload of other apocalyptic fiction went that route. There's nothing to fuck up. Don't make up a bunch of bullshit about your super aliens.
That is a great book, but this movie is going to be a DEI shitfest.

Edit - didn't even know it was out already

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Am I understanding correctly that the terminally-ill main character's name is Sam, her cat's name is Frodo, and the movie is her quest to get to northern Manhattan and get one last slice of pizza before the world ends? That's both ludicrous and poignant. Like some sort of bizarre distortion of the LOTR plot.

I guess I'll start with the first one.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Am I understanding correctly that the terminally-ill main character's name is Sam, her cat's name is Frodo, and the movie is her quest to get to northern Manhattan and get one last slice of pizza before the world ends? That's both ludicrous and poignant. Like some sort of bizarre distortion of the LOTR plot.

I guess I'll start with the first one.

Start and end with the first one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
only the first one is "good" the second is fairly pointless and it sounds like this prequel is even more pointless, just a random side story DLC that adds nothing to the mythology of the aliens. watch once at home if you like alien movies and never think about it ever again.

The aliens from the Quiet Place are the perfect ones to never actually have their lore expanded on. If we're gonna keep getting movies in this universe, just let them keep being unknown fucking death machines. Unforgiving forces of nature. Just a Jason Voorhees from Space.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users