A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The HBO show writers know the ending already, I think he's just going to give up after twow, even IF he manages to release that book concurrently with the 2016 show season, there is no possible way for him to write another novel 1 year later.
It is known for authors to write another novel one year later, so not actually impossible. I mean, we all know Martin won't, but it isn't because it's impossible.

At this point I have ceased expecting Winds of Winter. I imagine that if he was to die today, it would come out that he hasn't done any work on it in years.

spronk

FPS noob
Has anybody read the World of Ice and Fire? It's just an encyclopedia of sorts right?
i got it for xmas and reading right now, its not very good. it reminds me of reverend lovejoy from simpsons, where huge chunks of the book are just "so king fred targaryen married queen bitchface and they had 4 kids and he also slept with princess butterface and..." It occasionally delves into more interesting side stories but they get cut off really fast and return to droning on about the royal successions.

i'd get the paper version though, its got absolutely stunning drawn pictures that are way better than the boring wiki-like texts that accompany them. The writing doesn't feel like GRRM style at all, and I guess its not supposed to.

you can probably find the hardcover at cheap clearance prices soon, like the <$10 section at barnes and noble and shit.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Best Grrm troll would be living to 105 and never releasing shit but Wild Cards books and Blog updates.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i got it for xmas and reading right now, its not very good. it reminds me of reverend lovejoy from simpsons, where huge chunks of the book are just "so king fred targaryen married queen bitchface and they had 4 kids and he also slept with princess butterface and..." It occasionally delves into more interesting side stories but they get cut off really fast and return to droning on about the royal successions.

i'd get the paper version though, its got absolutely stunning drawn pictures that are way better than the boring wiki-like texts that accompany them. The writing doesn't feel like GRRM style at all, and I guess its not supposed to.

you can probably find the hardcover at cheap clearance prices soon, like the <$10 section at barnes and noble and shit.
GRRM didn't write it right? That's probably why it doesn't feel like his style

Antagonist_sl

shitlord
It is known for authors to write another novel one year later, so not actually impossible. I mean, we all know Martin won't, but it isn't because it's impossible.

At this point I have ceased expecting Winds of Winter. I imagine that if he was to die today, it would come out that he hasn't done any work on it in years.
The Grapes of Wrath was 619 pages long and was written in 5 months. It won a Pulitzer so it could be argued that the quality didn't suffer too much. Gurm just don't give a fuck.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Comparing the effort to write a single book with 169,481 word count to an entire series that's already over 1.7M with thousands of years of fictional history... seems legit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Barbara Blackburn was able to maintain a typing speed of over 150 words per minute. She could do 1.7m words in under 4 hours.

George RR Martin is the laziest human being to ever live, hates all his readers, probably didn't even write the original books, and totally fucked your mom.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Comparing the effort to write a single book with 169,481 word count to an entire series that's already over 1.7M with thousands of years of fictional history... seems legit.
Obviously you can't just shit out the type of work GRRM does, so you'd expect it to take a little longer. Like, 2 years per book. He'd have been done 15 years ago if he did 2 years per book.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Barbara Blackburn was able to maintain a typing speed of over 150 words per minute. She could do 1.7m words in under 4 hours.

George RR Martin is the laziest human being to ever live, hates all his readers, probably didn't even write the original books, and totally fucked your mom.
Glad you finally came to your senses and looked at this sensibly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I doubt anyone here thinks he's locking himself in a room every day and rewriting chapters over and over. He's fucking off and isn't motivated to work on the books right now.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I wouldn't be motivated either if I was already filthy rich and didn't know where to go with the rest of the story. Doesn't mean I'm not going to call him out on being the fat lazy piece of shit that he is.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
edit: Wrong thread .... probably. Moved to spoiler thread in TV House.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I doubt anyone here thinks he's locking himself in a room every day and rewriting chapters over and over. He's fucking off and isn't motivated to work on the books right now.
The show is going to finish this series. The books will never be finished.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm kind of surprised to not see the /r/asoiaf discussions on the public manuscripts mentioned at all around here.

Benjen confirmed
not Coldhands :/

and Dany originally never received any dragon eggs as a wedding gift.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just discovered this Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXU...O8g9vAA/videos

Goes through some quite subtle fan theories and shows things going deeper than I ever imagined. Nothing silly like Daario=Euron or Merfolk, just solid evidence from the books such as:
* Brotherhood without Banners lying about The Mountain and starting to war the get the Targaryens back.
* Mancer Rayder writing the Pink Letter and looking for the Horn of Winter in the Winterfell Catacombs.
* All the merc companies being secretly on someone's side, like the ones who took Jamie's hand being Oberyn's own company or Brown Ben Plumm trying to steal the Dragons for Dorne.
* R+L=D, B+A=J

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I watched the Riverlands videos, that dude put an enormous amount of analysis into that. I love these books but they are so frustrating, partly because I know they will never be finished and partly because I just miss so much.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, what R+L?
Rhaegar + Lyanna = Daenerys

Her early childhood is a lie since she remembers a specific set of characteristics of living in Braavos, yet when we see Braavos it's explicitly said to be the opposite of that. It actually sounds more like Dorne.
Then Ned Stark says that he hardly thinks of Rhaegar while Robert is still obsessed. Well you would think about him if you fostered his son? He does have dreams about making Lyanna a promise and acts to not assassinate Daenerys.

Obviously this is in much more depth in the video.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't know if you buy into those theories Chris, but the theories he proposes are pretty bunk. Tons of easy ways to contradict many of his theories, almost all of which he leaves out of his videos. There is a reason that R+L=J is way more accepted than R+L=D.

The videos are pretty well done though.