Ahsoka

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is this a show for Rebels fans only or can anyone enjoy it without going back and watching a bunch of cartoons?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
is this a show for Rebels fans only or can anyone enjoy it without going back and watching a bunch of cartoons?
They have said you won't have to have watched it. You will just have more backstory/context if you have.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ahsoka obviously goes all the way back to the Clone Wars while Sabine, Hera, Chopper, Ezra, the planet Lothal, etc are all Rebels story. Filoni also put TIE Defenders in the series along with a few other callbacks against Kennedy's wishes. Thrawn was part of the last two seasons and the finale is the last we heard of him in canon until this.

Sabine herself is the mando + darksaber connection to tie in with other series.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Pacing felt a little off in the first episode, but overall its very good. First 20 minutes and last 10 of the first ep are awesome. Second ep was really solid throughout. I love that this is going to pull all the weird and magical elements from Clone Wars and Rebels into live action. Sabine is the standout so far without question, the series seems more centered around her at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Really enjoyed that. Lots of little things for Rebel fans to enjoy. My fave is probably the nod to Kanan with the Sabine haircut scene.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Could not get into the cartoon SW shows , so I had no backstory on this other than what was in Mando and I liked it. Worth resub? Probably not, worth 'finding' definitely.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Could not get into the cartoon SW shows , so I had no backstory on this other than what was in Mando and I liked it. Worth resub? Probably not, worth 'finding' definitely.
Clone Wars is good, especially the last few seasons, they get real dark.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Don't watch Clone Wars in release order, follow the chronological watch order on starwars.com . You bounce around a lot in time for the first 3 seasons if you watch in release order. After season 4 they basically went chronological order till the end.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

I haven't watched them. There is a tangible connection between characters beyond what's in the episodes but they do a good job of introducing and establishing them to enjoy the show as-is.

First 2 episodes are solid.

"For our friend, Ray"

😢

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished the first 2 episodes and I’ll echo what’s been said, it’s pretty good so far even if pacing is a bit on the slow side. Action scenes were pretty well choreographed.

I hope the rest of the series lives up to the first 2.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
OK i will watch it, i was going to anyway, last question, is the green screen prequels vibe from the trailers in the actual show too? Mando has that gritty lived in look like OT Star Wars while the prequels have that everything is fake and clean look.

Merrith

Solid first 2 episodes. Curious to see how far they go with the mystical stuff from Rebels.

Malakriss

Is it weird that I had a Dredd flashback and expected her to say "You look ready"

• 1WTF

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Chopper bringing his A-game attitude for the win.

Since this is kinda-sorta an adaptation of 'Heir to the Empire'...

I'm gonna say Ray Stevenson is "Master C'Baoth" and therefore the Rinzler-like guy in a mask is the Luuke equivalent but is instead a clone of Anakin Skywalker and hence Heyden Christensen gets work.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Is it weird that I had a Dredd flashback and expected her to say "You look ready"
Evil Eye Stare GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Like