Ahsoka

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just look at this masterpiece of storytelling and storyboarding a light saber battle. how could you not want 100+ hours of this?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Star Wars Movie GIF by UltimateActX
Orgasm Face GIF by Alissandra

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ugg. So all of this other shit is in the cartoon? WTF wants to watch seasons of that to understand a show that kinda sucks? WTF didn't they just re-introduce us to Thrawn and...whoever this 1st season. Would have made it much easier to watch.
they torched the OT, the prequels and Disney sequels. this is all they got left.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ugg. So all of this other shit is in the cartoon? WTF wants to watch seasons of that to understand a show that kinda sucks? WTF didn't they just re-introduce us to Thrawn and...whoever this 1st season. Would have made it much easier to watch.
The last season (7) of Clone Wars is almost as good as Empire Strikes Back, it's just that you have to wade through The Phantom Menace (season 1), then Attack of the Clones (season 2 and 3) to get to Revenge of the Sith level for Season 4. Then season 5, 6, and 7 are all better than anything Star Wars since the original 3 (as long as you still skip the droid episodes).

My first watch I skipped season 1 and started with season 2 (while still skipping the droid episodes) and it was fine. I don't know how well it would work, going in fresh, but you could just try to watch the Mandalore story line, since it's the best part of Clone Wars. There are play lists just for it.

Otherwise, if I were to do it over again, I would watch it in chronological order by date the stories happened in cannon (LINK). You can even skip season 1, in that order, if you want to get past the most immature part of the show.

I'm not some huge cartoon nerd, and feel that if I can do it, most everyone else on this board can get through it, and enjoy it too. I have seen a total of maybe a dozen anime shows in my life. I have tried to go back and watch old Sunday morning cartoons I loved as a child, like X-Men and Justice League, but it never holds my interest. I watched the first few seasons of South Park, Futurama, Family Guy, and the Simpsons, but lost interest after a while on each.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
1694641628298.png

goddamn

kinda weird half this forum only posts nowadays to troll each other, i guess everyone is bored old

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The last season (7) of Clone Wars is almost as good as Empire Strikes Back, it's just that you have to wade through The Phantom Menace (season 1), then Attack of the Clones (season 2 and 3) to get to Revenge of the Sith level for Season 4. Then season 5, 6, and 7 are all better than anything Star Wars since the original 3 (as long as you still skip the droid episodes).

My first watch I skipped season 1 and started with season 2 (while still skipping the droid episodes) and it was fine. I don't know how well it would work, going in fresh, but you could just try to watch the Mandalore story line, since it's the best part of Clone Wars. There are play lists just for it.

Otherwise, if I were to do it over again, I would watch it in chronological order by date the stories happened in cannon (LINK). You can even skip season 1, in that order, if you want to get past the most immature part of the show.

I'm not some huge cartoon nerd, and feel that if I can do it, most everyone else on this board can get through it, and enjoy it too. I have seen a total of maybe a dozen anime shows in my life. I have tried to go back and watch old Sunday morning cartoons I loved as a child, like X-Men and Justice League, but it never holds my interest. I watched the first few seasons of South Park, Futurama, Family Guy, and the Simpsons, but lost interest after a while on each.

So we went from "the cartoons are great" to "actually most of it is shit, and a small part of it is almost as good as OT"

• 1Solidarity

Burns

So we went from "the cartoons are great" to "actually most of it is shit, and a small part of it is almost as good as OT"
I guess it depends on how much you like the prequels. Obviously JarJar pulls everything around him down, but outside of that, I don't hate Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith, but I haven't watched any of them in 15+ years. Additionally, Clone Wars probably made me view those movies much more favorably.

I also forgot to include Andor as I would rate it as good as Empire, and better than anything Clone Wars.

Fadaar

That guy

Could prob trim TCW down to 40-50 episodes, if even that much. Rebels not a whole lot of filler but also only 4 seasons.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
, I don't hate Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith, but I haven't watched any of them in 15+ years. Additionally, Clone Wars probably made me view those movies much more favorably.

So favorably you haven't watched them in 15 years.

I never watched the cartoons, hated TPM and AOTC, and even I attempted a clone Wars/rots super cut fairly recently

Burns

So favorably you haven't watched them in 15 years.

I never watched the cartoons, hated TPM and AOTC, and even I attempted a clone Wars/rots super cut fairly recently
There are a lot of movies that I "don't hate" that I haven't watched since around when they were released. I don't hate 300, Van Helsing, Jarhead, or PoTC: The Curse of the Black Pearl but I haven't seen them in 15 years. They, along with AotC and RoTS, are all about the same in a desire to see again.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
after however many of years are these hyperjumping whales just now being recognized by the new republic? i guess they explain that in "Rebels"? why never utilized?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
after however many of years are these hyperjumping whales just now being recognized by the new republic? i guess they explain that in "Rebels"? why never utilized?
The Purgill are literal space whales, just that space is their ocean. They stop at certain planets that provide the right food, it was some kind of gas if I remember right, and then travel between systems and apparently this other Galaxy. The only other time people know about them taking ships was when they wrapped their tentacles around some Star Destroyers and dragged Thrawn's fleet off to another galaxy. The Purgill were considered like an old sailors tale, say like the Kraken.

• 1Like

Burns

In the Rebels episode where they were introduced, Hera states that they have been known (or according to stories) to destroy or damage most ships that get near them, because they don't give a fuck about your ship and will just fly right into it or through it. So any experienced ship captain should know to avoid them, on the off chance that they ever encounter them. It could then be assumed that over time people have learned to avoid the places the space whales frequent and maps just mark those places as known unsafe travel areas (galactic Bermuda triangles).

I didn't really like that they depicted the Alliance cruisers getting so close to them, without taking down at least one of the ships, in accordance with the info from Rebels.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
In the Rebels episode where they were introduced, Hera states that they have been known (or according to stories) to destroy or damage most ships that get near them, because they don't give a fuck about your ship and will just fly right into it or through it. So any experienced ship captain should know to avoid them, on the off chance that they ever encounter them. It could then be assumed that over time people have learned to avoid the places the space whales frequent and maps just mark those places as known unsafe travel areas (galactic Bermuda triangles).

I didn't really like that they depicted the Alliance cruisers getting so close to them, without taking down at least one of the ships, in accordance with the info from Rebels.

1694690971141.png