AI images

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best attempt at Trakanon. Can't get it to do the really long necks of EQ dragons.

image033.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Best attempt at Trakanon. Can't get it to do the really long necks of EQ dragons.

Looks pretty faithful still. You have to be really detailed about the appearance if you want it to look more like a specific EQ design.

Here's an example of a prompt I just used for some quick attempts at Trakanon :

High brown stone cliffs. A canyon. Dark night sky. A massive dragon. Dark sickly green scales, with dark stripes. Very long sinuous neck. Long tail. Four clawed paws. Long muzzle, many pointy teeth. Dark eyes. Two curved twisted black horns. Huge spread tattered decayed wings. Poison fumes.

_63de631d-74ff-4243-b450-1c5fe3d904d6.jpg

You can see it chose to ignore some details (it doesn't look striped like Trakanon, the muzzle isn't very long) but the neck looks a bit longer than if you simply prompt for a dragon.

Here's another with the same prompt but I changed it to say "shredded" instead of "tattered" wings, and I asked it to breathe a "noxious green gas cloud" instead of just "Poison fumes."

_a2e76bea-bc02-4a15-bb8e-a6f93a36948d.jpg

This last one had the "Trakanon head" just right, in my opinion, but the rest isn't decayed enough for what I envisioned. And it has wyvern wings. Shame.

_25c55b07-bec6-4ee8-bf82-7d925fe0cf37.jpg

I hope this helps you a bit getting your very own Trakanon just right to print for your bedside table.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks pretty faithful still. You have to be really detailed about the appearance if you want it to look more like a specific EQ design.

Here's an example of a prompt I just used for some quick attempts at Trakanon :

High brown stone cliffs. A canyon. Dark night sky. A massive dragon. Dark sickly green scales, with dark stripes. Very long sinuous neck. Long tail. Four clawed paws. Long muzzle, many pointy teeth. Dark eyes. Two curved twisted black horns. Huge spread tattered decayed wings. Poison fumes.

You can see it chose to ignore some details (it doesn't look striped like Trakanon, the muzzle isn't very long) but the neck looks a bit longer than if you simply prompt for a dragon.

Here's another with the same prompt but I changed it to say "shredded" instead of "tattered" wings, and I asked it to breathe a "noxious green gas cloud" instead of just "Poison fumes."

This last one had the "Trakanon head" just right, in my opinion, but the rest isn't decayed enough for what I envisioned. And it has wyvern wings. Shame.

I hope this helps you a bit getting your very own Trakanon just right to print for your bedside table.

I found that using 'dracolich" rather than dragon got me a lot closer with the tattered looking wings. The issue was mostly in trying to get it to match the style, either end up with the wrong number of legs, too many spikes/horns and generally not matching the slender and gangly style of EQ.

1697794548907.png

These look fine on their own but are not really like Trak.

1697794883492.jpeg1697794894051.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
tolapumj just hangin out with trac and protector (curious how dall-e will handle frogloks)

Here's Tolapumj just hanging and chilling.

The limited number of characters doesn't allow for very different detailed characters or objects in the same prompt sadly, so I have to do Trakanon, Sebilite Protector and Tolapumj separately.

_4fd3f760-729a-4824-b6de-b0f670393e8e.jpg

_b378e5c4-5757-4b6a-a802-e335965b38e3.jpg

_5a4a69b8-d88a-4773-b280-b22d6f2b49de.jpg

Lambourne Lambourne

Good idea on dracolich, you're getting there for sure. To be fair, early EQ dragons, and Trakanon in particular, looked like shit, even discounting the antiquated graphics. He has a flat lizard body, a neck that looks like a snake, and its teeth make no sense, it couldn't even close its mouth, looks more like it tried to swallow a giant toothbrush and gave up halfway through.But it's the goddamn nostalgia that makes us want to get it just right, even if it makes for one fugly dragon.

Another tip, I've found prompting "european dragon" helps stem the tidal wave of chinese / asian dragons.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Here's some Butcherblock Mountains shots.

A krag chick fighting a goblin of Clan Runnyeye, not far from Kaladim (I have a feeling this picture will end up horribly taken out of context in the Politics thread)

_73a7110c-503f-450b-b9e7-23d2bcca32c8.jpg

A strange discovery, in a small valley out of the way of most adventurers

_2deff8d1-6992-495a-9288-8960aec276c4.jpg

Last edited:
  • 12Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Bruh. BRUH!

These are SO fucking good. The aviaks, frogloks, everything... just amazing. D'vinn and the iksar monks are just chefs kiss.

I've had a shitty work week and seeing this thread afterwards has made me smile. Appreciate you.

Could you make one for the Tribunal or the ancient guardians in Plane of Valor?

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback, very happy if it makes people happy. Or happier at least.

The Tribunal and the Seventh Hammer

_454dd4b6-d4bf-46b5-8345-27c458a6d832.jpg

The Seventh Hammer, appearing upon the completion of the six trials of the Plane of Justice.

_d39badeb-3f47-4bce-b691-b6bd891c6810.jpg

An ancient guardian in the Halls of Honor

_696c1d63-aea0-40a8-afb7-325a9ee0e4f7.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

jeydax

Death and Taxes
That's a protector of marr in HoH I think. Looks spot on though!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They added high resolution upscaling to midjourney. I can't really get this to attach in it's full glory since the forum software seems to scale things down and it's 4mb for one image. Simulated oil on canvas painting.

upscale1.jpg

Detail from the full image

1697809279276.png

• 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, these Everquest AI renders are so awesome...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
That's a protector of marr in HoH I think. Looks spot on though!

GIS gave me this result for "ancient guardian plane of valor"...

f2bf468589ddb3480da6660681757371.jpg

But maybe it's not the one that was requested, I never farmed much in PoV/HoH.

Glad you like it either way, I'll try and make some more shots of planes I've not done yet. And I'm not quite satisfied with the ancient guardian design, it's surprisingly difficult to make the AI understand you want a hollowed suit of armor, I had to get clever. I'll work on it some more at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jeydax

Death and Taxes
1697809834431.png

These are what I was thinking of in Plane of Valor, but I forgot about the hollowed armor dudes in HoH. Looks better than what I had in my head anyways.

Edit: It looks pretty friggin close to a protector of marr.

1697809914354.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God damn it. Back to '00 every time I look at this thread. Better times for sure.

Awesome pictures. Keep them coming!

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Love how these images make literally zero sense if you try to look at them more than 2 seconds.
That's just the world we're living in nowadays, bud.

1697819018737.png

• 2Worf

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Love how these images make literally zero sense if you try to look at them more than 2 seconds.
Lol, I dunno. That's a pretty faithful re-creation of how my brain remembers skyfire, including the dragons in the lava and clipping through geometry everywhere.

• 2Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
These are amazing, I thought of a few ideas that might give funny results.

A gnome rogue dragging several bodies to a pile of corpses that are being resurrected, surrounded by people sitting Indian style.

A robed man carrying so many coins he can barely move, being kicked by snakes.

Someone being attacked inside a small house by a griffon crashing through the window or roof.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Zlandicar in Dragon Necroplis?

Zlandikar is one of the most reviled dragons on Norrath, hated and hunted by the Claws of Veeshan for the crime of slaying young whelp Frakadar, son of Harla Dar, and worse yet, feasting on its corpse. He fled to the ancient caverns of the Dragon Necropolis in the frigid Western Wastes and has been lurking in its dark corners ever since. He gorges on the carcasses fresh and old of the dead dragons that litter this sacred boneyard. His already formidable necromantic powers grew exponentially, letting him transcend death itself and twisting his body into an undead abomination. His brother Klandicar guards the entrance to the necropolis, sworn to never let his evil brother escape these dark caverns.

_227d21bb-9e06-406c-97e6-692d4e4841ae.jpg

Since we're in the Dragon Necropolis, a picture of a small camp of ratmen of the Paebala tribe. Once ordinary rats, the Paebala evolved through the magical emanations of the dragon corpses over the millenia. Forming a small community, the Paebala live in the narrow crevices deep in the Dragon Necropolis. The necromantic energies coming off Zlandicar corrupted some of the ratmen, the plague spreading like wildfire until a new evil faction called the Chetari emerged.

Neb, leader of the Paebala, and a few ratmen tribesmen.

_626d897a-a2c6-4843-8b24-b81e41ef44d5.jpg

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
yimmien yimmien

For Johnny McNewb, the day a griffin attacked him through the roof of an East Commonlands shop was the scariest day of his life. But for Shopkeeper Parthar, it was tuesday.

_60d572be-9ddd-4ce7-8e0f-3f1568d1157e.jpg

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 6Worf
Reactions: 16 users