Albion Online

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I watched a couple of gameplay videos and this is giving me HARD UO nostalgia, except for the instanced PVP. Is that for real?

The gameplay videos make it look like more than 10 people fighting.

Also, instanced housing is super lame.

Well, the hell gates are max 5 man groups and can only be entered by one other 5 man group and that group can be either better or worse geared than yours. I just did my first hell gate and the other group didn't clear fast enough to the boss so we were able to kill and secure its loot before they came but supposedly this is quite rare and you'll almost always have to win a 5v5 fight if you want to secure the rights to the boss kill. If you lose, you not only lose the boss but also all of the gear you had on you. So if you manage to wipe the enemy 5 man and take boss, you get a shitload of loot.

There's also small man/solo ganker and zerg group PvP throughout the world but I'm still new and haven't experienced much of it yet.

Also, I believe there is both instanced and non-instanced housing which can be destroyed/taken over by enemy forces.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You had better luck with your hellgate than i've had with the first 2 i've done. Not sure i'm going to bother continuing to do them with random pugs cause it's just not fun at all.

First one I did I was healing for a 4man group who were guilded, could barely keep up with healing them so I should've known it was going to be a bad run before I even entered the portal but I went anyways. Cleared the mobs inside decent enough, then when we found the enemy group one guy ran straight at them full speed while none of the other 4 of us were even close to him and they just ran up and wind wall blocked us and picked people off ez-mode. Second one I was doing dps and our tank pulled 3 mobs at the same time that he found the enemy group so needless to say we got shit on. 2 people died to mobs, the other 3 of us died shortly after.

I had more fun mining in a red zone and being chased around by a group of 6 flagged people.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Let me know how to find you guys. My in-game name is Maxxum. Hit me up.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm just kind of floating around for the time being, trying to save up some money so I can start learning pvp more and eventually start a pk guild is what i'm currently leaning towards. Probably end up based in red zones since I don't think you can succeed in black zones without zerg numbers.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm just kind of floating around for the time being, trying to save up some money so I can start learning pvp more and eventually start a pk guild is what i'm currently leaning towards. Probably end up based in red zones since I don't think you can succeed in black zones without zerg numbers.

Either way, I have a lot of questions :)

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm Flobee in game. wont be on much until Wednesday night but feel free to add me. Currently running in a fairly large blackzone guild in the (last time I checked) top alliance so if you are fairly new I might be able to answer questions etc. I'm new this beta as well however so I might not always know what I'm talking about

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I added you Flobee.

Also, I legit can't stop playing this game. Ultima Online nostalgia is real.

And I love a lot of the game design too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, apparently the "Galahad" build is the build they're going to launch with and they've made a ton of changes since previous patches.

[EDIT]

I started writing up my first impressions, but realize really quickly that it was going to be a mega-post. I'm going to try and figure out a better way to do it, which may come down to a stream-of-consciousness video that includes gameplay.

I'll think more on it.

This game is good AF and I haven't felt this way since Vanilla WoW.

It's got some, what I would consider, flaws, but the good far outweighs the bad.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to try and figure out a better way to do it, which may come down to a stream-of-consciousness video
That'd be appropriate, since stream of consciousness appears to be the dev methodology behind this game.

"Yeah EVE Online does that, let's do the same...
...UO had this so we can't go wrong with it...
...those work good in LoL so they will here too..."

Because these chefs think that combining flour + milk + eggs bakes a delicious souffle. It's no wonder theirs is collapsing before it's even left the oven.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Found a video that does a good job covering some of my favorite parts of the game.

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
Bought this because of the reviews from this thread and youtube. Joined a small guild and really enjoying bits of open world pvp. the PvE is quite simplistic but it dosn't take long to become useful to a guild be it PvP or PvE/gathering and crafting. Can comfortably gather and tradeskill on my mobile phone while on my break at work. Most fun i've had in an mmo since eq.

Last edited:

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So when does the game officially release? I seem to remember it was going to be free to play, but they may have changed their minds on that. Any ideas?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Game will be buy to play, releases July 17. If you buy a pack now you can pay now to check it out and everything resets at launch

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game will be buy to play, releases July 17. If you buy a pack now you can pay now to check it out and everything resets at launch

Is that true? I thought once it goes live it is ftp; only the current beta period requires a pack.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Is that true? I thought once it goes live it is ftp; only the current beta period requires a pack.

It's true, game is buy to play. I guess it was supposed to be ftp at some point,but they changed their minds

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I read/watch many reviews and they all say combat is the weakest part of this game but may improve before launch. If it does I am down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user